CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:30 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Grasping the blade (Rosalyn, pre-dawn Wed. 4/4/07)

((I'm just assuming that Rosalyn follows Gwynnis once she leaves the parlor. She'll certainly be assuming that...))

Gwynnis ascends the first set of stairs in silence, and does not speak until you are both on the stairway between the second and third floors.

"I don't think this will take very long. The Councilor will want to have some of our blood put on Jocelin's blade, and then she will perform the enchantment, perhaps contributing some blood of her own. Then you will be somewhat properly armed, although the replacement will not be as potent as Rhongomyniad, of course." Gwynnis lets out a sigh.

"No, that will have to be won. I have already tried calling the spear to hand, but it will not come. Sidana already possesses it."
Old 10-23-2009, 03:27 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

"It should suffice . . . the purpose, after all, is not to annihilate Sidana. Her big bad wolf friends however will prove interesting"
Old 10-23-2009, 03:43 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

"Sidana will not be bound by the same constraints as you or any of the others going after her, though. You should impress upon the others just how dangerous she is with Rhongomyniad."

After a few more steps (and Rosalyn's reply, if any), Gwynnis asks, "What are your impressions of the newcomer, this Jake fellow?"
Old 10-23-2009, 04:19 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

"Unfortunately not . . . and she will take full advantage of it. I let them know Sidana with Rhongomyniad can conjure fire as I did with Jocelin's blade, and that it would be fierce in the extreme. I also said she was exceptionally gifted with it"

"Jacob? His connections make him very useful to come at this time, and he certainly has the proper look of our clan . . . . he doesn't yet seem to understand how to swim in the night fully, I hope he avoids piranhas"

"I don't know how much help he will be in a fight . . . the musketeer seems quite serviceable, but no more able to meet Sidana directly than I, so, I hope Jacob's lifestyle where he met arms dealers also perchance lead through a lot of shadowy gladiatorial arenas"
Old 10-23-2009, 05:23 PM

"Yes, that was my impression as well." Another brief silence passes, and then:

"A young buck, eh? Well, there's something to be said for baptism by fire. Or blood, for that matter. Speaking of which, we are there."

Gwynnis leads the way into a large bedroom. Meerlinda is seated on the floor, and you see arrow-straight Caledfwlch and Jocelin's slightly curved weapon meet about two-thirds of the way along the blades. Jocelin's katana has strips of wood bound to its sides from the top of its hilt to near where the two blades meet, very much in the manner of a splint.

"Excellent. All is in readiness. If you would, Justicar." Meerlinda indicates the junction of the two swords and one of the strips of wood. Gwynnis grasps the intersection, and then smears some of her vitae on the wood indicated by the Councilor. The blood on the blades seep into the metal until there is no trace left of your sire's vitae.

"And you Rosalyn," Meerlinda says, once again gesturing at the junction of the blades, and then to the unstained strip of wood.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:40 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Rosalyn takes the intersection in hand to cut herself, then smears the vitae along the wood
Old 10-23-2009, 08:22 PM

Her vitae sinks into the metal of the blades just as Gwynnis's did. Meerlinda begins intoning words in a strange tongue, one that you vaguely recognize from a distant memory as something called Hermean, though you don't recognize the words.

Caledfwlch begins to glow, and then the wood along the blade of Jocelin's katana begins to stretch, and the blood stains on the wood begin to spread. Soon the wood has enveloped most of the blade, until only a few inches a naked metal remains. The sword moves away, and the wood continues to stretch, now enveloping the katana's hilt, until a black-hafted spear six feet in length floats before the Tremere Councilor.

Gwynnis takes hold of Caledfwlch, and Meerlinda rises and grasps the new spear.

"Your weapon," she says, holding the spear before her on upturned palms, "I hope you find it satisfactory."
Old 10-23-2009, 08:35 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Rosalyn takes the spear "Thank you councilor"

She makes a few passes with it and nods, "It will suffice"
Old 10-23-2009, 08:51 PM

As soon as you've finished with the "test drive" of the spear, Gwynnis suddenly yells En garde! and approaches you while brandishing Caledfwlch.

((Can I get a Combat Paralysis roll or authorization for me to roll it for Rosalyn? If the roll is made, a Parry roll will be necessary immediately thereafter.))
Old 10-23-2009, 09:10 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

((You can roll for me))