CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 10-22-2009, 03:24 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

((There are lots of questions that come at the end of this post, which you're free to answer on a first come, first serve basis, in addition to reacting to any of the stuff that happens before this as well.))

Gwynnis makes a shallow curtsy, a fractional bend of neck and knees.

"The pleasure is all mine," Gwynnis says, the coy smile never leaving her lips. There is a momentary silence before she turns away from Jake.

"I believe the Councilor is ready for us, Rosalyn. Shall we go to her now?" The Justicar turns away from Rosalyn before she has a chance to reply, and looks back and forth several times between Rebekka and Bonnie.

"Bring Anneke to us when she arrives, she should have her first briefing in private," she finally says to Bonnie, once again speaking Welsh. Gwynnis then turns once more and begins to exit the parlor, neither waiting for Rosalyn to come beside her nor bothering even to check if she follows.

"I think she likes you, lad," Zack finally says once sounds of Gwynnis and Rosalyn's footsteps fade away. Dee Dee frowns at the parlor's exit, and a touch of skepticism appears on Bonnie's face. Rebekka shakes her head as if clearing her mind.

"She is a creature of many guises, and many moods, our Gwynnis," the Prince says, "none of which should be of any concern to us right now, for such thoughts bring us no closer to capturing Sidana."

"Then you think it's really her?" Dee Dee asks.

"Yes, and we must capture her in order to restore both her and Jocelin. From what I have heard, a frontal assault seems to have uncertain prospects."

"Agreed," says Dee Dee, though there's still some doubt in her eyes left over from her previous question. "Best to isolate her in that case, either by watching and striking, or by means of a Summons. Either is going to be fairly risky, but she might not be expecting to be summoned."

"She will be canny enough to realize what is happening, if it comes to a Summons, but that method does afford the advantage of choosing the time and place of the confrontation."

"We'll need to figure out who's available for this operation, too," says the Sheriff. "Beyond Rosalyn, I assume that our Brujah Primogen will be there. And some strong backs and arms would be nice if it's a capture we're looking to make."

"Do we think we already have enough intel to act?" asks Zack.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:05 PM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

"Intel or not, time has us on our heels. Control of the arena is likely the best we can hope for." Francois responds to Zach. Surveying the group, he says, "I find it highly likely that upon realizing she is summoned, Siadana will call in reenforcements, and is unlikely to arrive alone. At the very least, I would expect a couple of her bodyguards to be with her."

"With that, it would be prudent to seperate the bodyguards before she reaches her final destination, whereever that is to be. If we attack them, they will be forced to remain and protect her flank, but she will be compelled to continue on."

Francois taps his chin thoughtfully. "Ideally we could trap them in a sealable passage, and in doing so gain tactical advantages. "

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:50 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

"Trap them, or just bring to bear enough firepower to disable the bodyguards," Dee Dee says. "That's a good thought."

"New Orleans doesn't have a sewer system," Camille says, "but it does have a fairly extensive waterfront along the Mississippi. Maybe one of the larger abandoned buildings there?"
Old 10-22-2009, 05:44 PM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
"Trap them, or just bring to bear enough firepower to disable the bodyguards," Dee Dee says. "That's a good thought."

"New Orleans doesn't have a sewer system," Camille says, "but it does have a fairly extensive waterfront along the Mississippi. Maybe one of the larger abandoned buildings there?"
"The issue then will be funnelling them into the building, and then funneling Siadana out the back door before it becomes a kill box..." Francois pauses, a light in his eyes, "unless we can disable them all! One of the curiosities of the move from arrows to firearms is that a well placed wooden arrow is far more dangerous to our kind, despite it being an inferior weapon in general. If we could somehow project a single sizable volley of wooden bolts at them at speed, in a confined space, we could cripple their defenses before they were raised!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:19 PM

"Hmm, that assumes the bodyguards will all be Kindred," Rebekka says, "and that was not the case in the attempt to rescue Jocelin. Some silver would be desirable for this operation, I think."

"Yes, the Garou," says Wynn. "I heard tales from the local fauna suggesting they might be present."
Old 10-22-2009, 07:56 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all

Quote:
"Hmm, that assumes the bodyguards will all be Kindred," Rebekka says, "and that was not the case in the attempt to rescue Jocelin. Some silver would be desirable for this operation, I think."

"Yes, the Garou," says Wynn. "I heard tales from the local fauna suggesting they might be present."
"We were able to extract five shotgun shells worth of silver shot off of some silverware earlier." Jack says.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:11 PM

"Will that be enough?" asks Zack.

"Not nearly, would be my guess," replies the Prince. "Can we get more, Seneschal?"

"I could probably get us one or two 100-ounce bars by tomorrow evening," Bonnie says after a moment's thought. "It'd be up to someone else to work it into shot, though."

"We will be able to handle that. Meerlinda has a way with silver. We will still need casings, but I assume they will be easy to find."

"There're the Dragon's Breath Rounds, too," Sarah says. "Jocelin gave me 50 9 mm rounds to convert."

"They will be an asset," replies Rebekka, "and we will most likely want to make more. But they have a tendency to ruin firearms after only a few shots. A large-scale deployment will require either careful shooting or several weapons per person using these rounds."
Old 10-23-2009, 12:19 AM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

"Uhm, how about white phosphorous rounds? I should be able to hook us up with some."
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-23-2009, 12:40 AM

"Interesting," Dee Dee says. "I don't think WP rounds match up with Dragon's Breath on a shot-for-shot basis, but it's a lot less wear and tear on the weapons."

"How fast could you get them?" Rebekka asks.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:59 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all

Quote:
"Will that be enough?" asks Zack.

"Not nearly, would be my guess," replies the Prince. "Can we get more, Seneschal?"

"I could probably get us one or two 100-ounce bars by tomorrow evening," Bonnie says after a moment's thought. "It'd be up to someone else to work it into shot, though."

"We will be able to handle that. Meerlinda has a way with silver. We will still need casings, but I assume they will be easy to find."

"There're the Dragon's Breath Rounds, too," Sarah says. "Jocelin gave me 50 9 mm rounds to convert."

"They will be an asset," replies Rebekka, "and we will most likely want to make more. But they have a tendency to ruin firearms after only a few shots. A large-scale deployment will require either careful shooting or several weapons per person using these rounds."
"The silver jewelry in that 24 hour Walmart could be acquired in a matter of minutes. The silver content might be questionable though. However, some of the residents here may have allies and ghouls from old established family with old established money and thus old established jewelry of the silver persuasion. That might be a more reliable route to silver in a hurry."