CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 10-18-2009, 06:51 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
Rosalyn nods to Wynn, "Yes, that is my name, hopefully we can talk later of it"
"Not much later, it is to be hoped," replies Wynn.

"I saw her," Muaziz says, "or someone who looked exactly like her, where we followed the Sabbat to."

"I will not say that I saw Rosalyn, but before seeing her here, I would have been certain that I saw Sidana near Lake Pontchartrain."

Bonnie looks between Wynn, Muaziz, and those who returned from the rescue mission for Jocelin.

"It's complicated, and I'd rather have someone who was there explain what happened. But, not before proper presentation is made." Bonnie turns to head upstairs herself, but Rebekka and Sarah appear at the head of the stairs just as Bonnie reaches the foot.

When Rebekka makes her way back into the parlor, she says, "Sarah has apprised me of your desire to be properly armed, Rosalyn, and of her idea to convert Jocelin's katana. She will take Jocelin's sword upstairs to the Justicar and the Councilor, and they will prepare it, at which point they will need you to complete the ritual. They should be ready for you in about 5 minutes, or 10 at most. In that time, we should exchange as much of the information each of us has as possible, after the presentation."

Wynn steps up to Rebekka and presents himself as a Gangrel of the 5th generation, childe of Stanislava, childe of Ennoia, mentions that he has been in the city under orders from Gwynnis, and offers congratulations to Rebekka for her ascension to Praxis New Orleans.

"You seem surprised to see me," he says, "did Gwynnis not apprise you of my arrival into the city?"

"She did not." Rebekka's eyes stray to the group who came back with Wynn, perhaps lingering a moment longer on Dee Dee and Jack. "She may have been preoccupied with other matters. Will you tell me what you saw in the field?"

Dee Dee begins with the basics, tracking the Sabbat to the forest clearing near Lake Pontchartrain. Wynn will give his report on seeing Sidana with the spear, and the beginning of the meeting with Jack. Muaziz reports on her astral sighting of "Sidana," though the name passes somewhat haltingly over her lips.

**Jack can give his account of events in the field here**

After Jack's input, Rebekka will suggest that the raw details of the rescue mission for Jocelin would best be told by someone who was there.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:13 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

As I said in the OOC thread, feel free to post in first come, first serve mode if you want, it's most important to get the info out there right now, and I'm going to be somewhat busy the next few days. We can say things were actually presented in sensible order, including what questions get answered when, if the PCs have any at this point.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:19 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all

"Just how powerful is that spear back there? Is it powering the warding they have around that compound or do the bastards have something else that powerful with them?" Jack asks.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:37 PM
Huxley

"The most important parts of our journey revolve around entering the Deep Umbra. We saw Jocelin there about to enter combat with two Garou, several insect-like creatures, as well as Heather and a person I did not recognize but was later identified as Sidana. When we arrived, we attempted to fight back the enemies so that Jocelin could escape, but she chose instead to attempt killing Heather"

Leo pauses a moment here, thinking to himself.

"As a result, she was eventually killed. Fortunately, Meerlinda here was able to acquire the Justicar's eye before we made our escape. We met Rosalyn on the other side of the Deep Umbra, and she is somehow connected with the death of Jocelin. My knowledge of the mystical will be shown to be lacking, but in essence she provided us with a means of bringing Jocelin back"
Old 10-18-2009, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Anderson View Post
"Just how powerful is that spear back there? Is it powering the warding they have around that compound or do the bastards have something else that powerful with them?" Jack asks.
"Any warding would not come from the spear, I would guess," replies Rebekka, "unless it was used in a warding ritual, much as we have used Caledfwlch here for certain of our wards. We have reason to believe that one of the enemies encountered on the rescue mission for Jocelin is none other than Goratrix, the founder of the Tremere antitribu. If he and Sidana are together, then it is likely his work that is the source of any ward, perhaps augmented by the spear, perhaps not.

"I will let Meerlinda give a more complete report on what to expect from him, but I would say he is more dangerous than Miss Drake, or even Sidana turned to the Sabbat. He was one of the original members of the ruling Council of Seven of the Tremere clan before his defection to the Sabbat, and is purported to have been the one to figure out how to bestow the condition of vampirism on mortals by means other than the Embrace. And he has other potent capabilities besides.

"However, of the spear itself, Rosalyn could most likely give better account of its capabilities than I."

((Check PMs, Kal. I forgot to put this in the PM, but Rosalyn would know that the spear doesn't have any intrinsic warding capability.))
Old 10-18-2009, 10:45 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

"The spear . . . its name is Rhongomyniad. It doesnt possess any form of warding in and of itself. However, as Rebekka said, it could be used in rituals Im sure, having its own power and significance"

"Of its capabilities . . . . as I did with Jocelin's blade in that realm to give it fire, so can Sidana do with Rhongomyniad, and the fire can be fierce in the extreme. And if the spear is cast it shall come back to hand. Possibly with a warding this could be stopped"

" . . . also note . . . Sidana is exceptionally gifted with it"
Old 10-19-2009, 11:09 AM

((Forgot to mention this explicitly, but Sarah did go upstairs with Jocelin's katana while everyone else was exchanging information. The order of questions and answers from Jack's question will be his question about the spear, Rebekka's reply, Sidana's reply, and then Leo's account of the rescue mission. Sarah and Gwynnis arrive after Leo's reply.))

More footsteps come from the stairway, and then Sarah enters the parlor leading Gwynnis, who still wears Anneke's sunglasses. Sarah looks almost as if she expects to be goosed at any moment. You notice that for some reason, the Justicar is no longer wearing a shirt under her jacket, which is unbuttoned, and may not be the same one she left the room wearing. A pale strip of flesh from her neck to belt line is visible. Sarah ends up leading Gwynnis to the Prince. ((Jake doesn't recognize the golden-haired angel that Sarah leads into the room, but the self-assuredness with which she interrupts the meeting marks her out as a VIP, and she is certainly either the Justicar or the Councilor.))

"Anneke has not yet arrived?"

"No," replies Rebekka. Surprise flashes on her face for an instant. "She... comes shortly." Weird looks start crossing the faces of some of the others in the room.

"Sheriff," Gwynnis says without turning away from Rebekka, "will you show me what you saw in the field?"

Dee Dee exchanges a look with Bonnie and then moves until she stands directly behind Gwynnis. Just as the Sheriff opens her mouth, Gwynnis turns to face her. She raises a hand to touch her childe's face. Younger Kindred might have the impression that she's performing a Vulcan Mind Meld. Both women move to Wynn after about 30 seconds of the silent exchange of information.

"May I?" Gwynnis asks, raising a hand towards Wynn's head without making contact. Wynn's expression seems equal parts reluctance and confusion, but after a moment's hesitation he leans down towards the Justicar's reach.

"As you wish," he says, and Gwynnis puckers her lips briefly in the middle of the smile that comes to her face.

"Thank you," Gwynnis says, a trace of her smile lingering. She then moves until she is within arm's reach of Jake. The Kindred near him surreptitiously move away until there is a halo of empty space around the two of them, but Gwynnis doesn't not react to this at all.

"You, I do not know," she says, "and I never forget a face."

((The other PCs suddenly realize that the Justicar's statement to Jake is the first word spoken in English since Gwynnis entered the room. Everything prior to this has been spoken in Welsh.))
Old 10-20-2009, 10:35 PM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

Jake considers this interesting bit of datum -- he'd picked up Welsh during his time in Britain, but it was not a language he'd thought to hear again outside of Wales; certainly not in New Orleans. It seemed like it would take a while to get used to this vampire thing culturally as well as biologically. He glanced around to see if he could get a sense of whether or not anyone was not following. For the time being, keeping his mouth shut and his eyes and ears open was the best way to get up to speed as fast as possible. "Deep Umbra", magic spears... E-fucking-gad...
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-20-2009, 11:45 PM

((Having had their memories jogged, the PCs returning from Jocelin's rescue mission begin to realize that all the verbiage starting from the very beginning of the astral journey to Glastonbury Tor and going through the return to their bodies was actually conducted in Welsh, and that Meerlinda had no trouble keeping up with the conversation. All the PCs linked with Gwynnis realize that they can think in Welsh; it's essentially like a second native tongue for them (first native tongue for Rosalyn). The other PCs are invited to give their reactions, if any, upon realizing how much of the conversation was in Welsh now that it's dawned on them, if the players so wish.

In terms of NPCs who were following along, Rebekka spoke rather haltingly, Dee Dee and Wynn spoke well, and Gwynnis fluently, from the small amount of conversation that occurred in Welsh. Bonnie didn't seem to have any trouble following along.))

"Are you shy?" Gwynnis asks after a moment, a coy smile coming to her lips. "Is he shy?" she asks over her shoulder to no one in particular.

"No more than any man faced with uncertain footing, I would say, Sire," Bonnie replies. She comes up to make introductions, but gives her sire an unreadable look before doing so.

"This is Jacob Cortland, Sire, a Toreador come from Miami, although he prefers the name Jake. Jake, you stand in the presence of Her Serene Majesty, Gwynnis," Bonnie says, though there is a hint of a dry undertone to the first title she gives her sire, "Justicar of clan Toreador."

((I'm heading home for the night pretty soon, and the number of working internets in my apartment will most likely remain at zero, so we'll see where we're at next time I get a chance to post...))
Old 10-22-2009, 08:20 AM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

"My lady." says Jake, bowing briefly.
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln