CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 10-14-2009, 07:33 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Evening Council, Slight Return (pre-dawn Wed. 4/4/07)

EDIT -- OK, change of plans, since it looks like the discussion about Al has wrapped up. I'm going to fast-forward through the drive back from the forest near Lake Pontchartrain to the mansion for Jack et al. Also, there will be a few minutes of inconsequential small talk between the end of the discussion about Al and Jack & NPCs' arrival at the mansion. More in a bit...

EDIT 2 -- I'll also stipulate that everyone in Roman's truck will have had the chance to compare notes, since pretty much everyone in there had a somewhat different experience on what they encountered when scouting the forest compound.

Last edited by Detritus; 10-14-2009 at 10:20 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:19 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Having realized that the matrix of who knows whom at the start of the thread is going to be rather complicated, I think it'll be useful to list all that at the outset. I'm not going to bother with trying to keep track of it in terms of descriptions and not naming names if a PC doesn't recognize someone; if the need arises, I'll just be using NPC names, and it'll be up to you to keep straight who your PC does and does not recognize until introductions are made. Jack is the only PC showing up to the mansion, but there are several NPCs with him, and several more NPCs with the other PCs already in the parlor.

NPCs in the parlor - Camille, Kallista, Sarah, Zack

NPCs arriving from the field - Dee Dee, Erik, Muaziz, Roman, Wynn

Jack recognizes everyone already in the parlor except for the new PCs, Jake and Rosalyn. EDIT -- Zack was a stranger to Jack at the start of the thread, I flubbed that.

Jake doesn't recognize any of the new arrivals to the mansion.

François and Leo recognize all the arrivals to the mansion except for Wynn.

Rosalyn only recognizes Wynn of the new arrivals. Wynn also recognizes Rosalyn. Muaziz will recognize Rosalyn, too, based on what she saw in the astral plane near the lake.

Bonnie will also be coming downstairs to fetch Rosalyn at some point early in this thread, and a new thread will splinter off this one at the appropriate time.

All of the NPCs except for Erik have a picture in the Dramatis Personae thread, if you want to put faces to names.

All clear?

Last edited by Detritus; 10-15-2009 at 07:35 AM.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:24 PM

The conversation in the parlor drifts away from shop talk for a time, and after a few minutes of this lighter fare you hear footsteps descending the stairway again. Just as you turn your heads, the front door opens and Dee Dee strides through, followed by those that went with her on the scouting mission. They've come back with someone (almost) no one in the parlor recognizes. He's tall, and looks to have just entered his middle years at the time of his Embrace. Muaziz and the stranger both give Rosalyn kind of weird looks when they see her; there's definitely an aspect of surprise in them both.

"Bonnie," says Dee Dee when the Seneschal finishes coming down the stairs. "I spoke to the Prince, and we came back as fast as we could. There have been developments?" The Sheriff looks into the parlor, and there is no recognition in her eyes when they pass over Jake and Rosalyn.

"There have, and not only here, it would seem," Bonnie replies. Some of you notice Sarah squinting at Wynn.

"Wynn? What are you doing in New Orleans?"

"You have spoken out of turn, Miss Cobbler," Wynn replies with a smile. "Rebekka always was indulgent with you. It will be your undoing, one of these nights."

"I'll Miss Cobbler you, Wynn!" Sarah says, returning Wynn's smile. "Come on, you can tell us why you're here."

"That should wait until I have formally presented myself to the Prince," Wynn replies.

"Yes, will you please inform the Prince that the Sheriff has returned with Wynn, Sarah," Bonnie says, and Sarah heads upstairs at the Seneschal's request.

"While we wait, let us make introductions. Wynn sits on the Primogen Council in Houston, for clan Gangrel. Wynn, this is François Petit, and Zack North. They sit on the newly formed Primogen Council in New Orleans, for clans Brujah and Gangrel, respectively. This is Camille Devereux, and Kallista, who are members of long standing of the New Orleans Kindred community. And new arrivals to the city, Jacob Cortland, and Rosalyn Quinnell."

"Rosalyn," Wynn says in a flat voice, the questions piling up in his eyes.

"That's correct. Before we get too far with questions," Bonnie syas, heading off Wynn, "those of you new to the city, this is the Sheriff of New Orleans, Dee Dee, the Tremere Primogen, Muaziz, and Jack, Erik, and Roman, three members of the Gangrel clan."

((OK, let's get the introductions out of the way, and then Rebekka will show up.))
Old 10-15-2009, 12:55 AM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

Jake steps forward and bows briefly, smiling.

"Greetings. Jacob Cortland, Toreador, at your service."

Jacob steps back.
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-15-2009, 05:32 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all

An outsider Torreador... making them a very rapidly growing clan in the city, Jack thinks. still a bit light on the Tremere showing up here. Not that surprising in one sense. Prince Johnson's effective exile of them has to be an issue for them, but New Orleans is supposed to be a region rich in special magical areas. You'd think they'd show more interest in claiming some title to those. Gwynnis' doing or are the seeds of distrust and clan animosity just sewn that deep?
Old 10-15-2009, 12:55 PM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Francois bows to Wynn. "Francois Petit, General of the ravaging Brujah hoard", he says, with smiling eyes. "And sometimes philosopher, we musn't forget that part."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:31 PM
Huxley

Raising a hand to identify himself, "Leo"
Old 10-15-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
Francois bows to Wynn. "Francois Petit, General of the ravaging Brujah hoard", he says, with smiling eyes. "And sometimes philosopher, we musn't forget that part."
"You're ravaging horde doesn't seem to be much in evidence at the moment," Wynn says, "and I am getting the feeling that we will have need of them."
Old 10-16-2009, 12:57 AM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

Rosalyn nods to Wynn, "Yes, that is my name, hopefully we can talk later of it"

She turns to the other new arrivals and smiles, "I am Rosalyn Quinnell, also of Clan Toreador, also new come to New Orleans"

((And suddenly it seems very relevant to ask . . . is Rosalyn dressed as Jocelin was, and if so, did the clothes etc alter to fit her?))
Old 10-16-2009, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
((And suddenly it seems very relevant to ask . . . is Rosalyn dressed as Jocelin was, and if so, did the clothes etc alter to fit her?))
LOL, yeah, I guess it is relevant. We'll say that in the brief downtime between threads, Rosalyn changed into one of Gwynnis's outfits, since they're pretty close in clothing sizes. Black slacks, black jacket, black pumps/flats as you see fit, pastel pink shirt.