CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:12 AM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Francois looks as if he is about to offer further rebuke, but hold off on his words. He sadly shakes his head and turns to the recent arrivals. He nods a greeting to Bonnie, and then to Camille and Kalista.

"My apologies for that unpleasantness ladies", the says and then turning to the two he doesn't know, "and gentlemen. It has been a long and stressful evening for all of us, and the strain is being seen more on some than on others."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:23 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

"Camille has brought us up to date," Bonnie says, "at least as up to date as was possible when she and Kallista left to come pick us up. It seems there have been other developments in the interim, however."
Old 10-05-2009, 04:34 PM

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

"As I was...indesposed...at the time you left it is difficult to know where to begin." Francois pauses a moment.

"We located Jocelyn at Glastonbury Tor, as the Justicar said we would. Unfortunatly she was set upon by some form of insect being of the netherworld. When we rushed to help, Gwinnis was ambushed by the twin of our newest addition, Rosalynn. Before I could intercept the foul ambusher, a wound was struck. One of our elders, Meerlinda I suppose, shook the very fabric of the spirit realm, and closed the portal. I orderd a full withdrawel, but Jocelyn, ever a spirited one, stayed for one final coup de grace. In that moment, she fell.

"Back within the nearer realms, Rosalyn appeared. After a bit of wrangling, it was determined by the Justicar and Lady Meerlinda that by the connection of the Justicar's eye, the essense of Jocyln may still exist. I will leave it to them to explain the hows, for such talk of magick is beyond my ken, but the spirit of Rosalyn, daughter of Gwinnis, has taken over Jocelyn, for the nonce. It is my understanding that certain rituals, if done expediantly, will facilitate the return of my kinswoman to the motal realm."

Having delivered his report, Francois takes a small step back.

Quote:
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Quote:
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:45 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Bonnie turns a skeptical look several times between François and Rosalyn.

"I am not aware that any of Gwynnis's childer were ever named Rosalyn. And you say you met... Rosalyn's twin, at... Glastonbury Tor." There is a brief but unmistakable pause at naming Rosalyn's twin, and the location where you met her.

"Do you have any idea where she might be in this world? The last I heard, she was in Detroit."
Old 10-05-2009, 05:26 PM

"None milady. I did not believe she had crossed back into the near realms with us. In truth, the Justicar and her councelor will be better able to explain the relationship between Rosalyn, her sister, and the Justicar. It seemed quite esoteric to me, and I am not initiated in the ways of Tremere."

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-05-2009, 05:40 PM

It is at this point in the discussion when Sarah returns from upstairs.

"The Prince will be down shortly." She furrows her brow, and says, "It wasn't clear whether the Councilor and the Justicar were going to come down at the same time or not. They seemed pretty intent on the prisoner."

"In that case, I suppose introductions are in order," says Bonnie. "This is Zack North, and this is Jacob Cortland. They are newcomers to the city."

"Would Rosalyn know us?" Camille asks.

"I suppose she wouldn't, at that. Camille Devereux, and Kallista, Master Sculptor, both residents of New Orleans. Zack, Jake, may I introduce you to François Petit, Leolin Friskin, and... Rosalyn. Rosalyn Quinnell, I suppose it must be, unless that has changed, too."
Old 10-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Huxley

Leo nods his head when his name is said in order to identify himself. He is dressed in sweat pants, old sneakers, and a paint and oil stained originally gray Nike hoodie. He is bald, and the skin is tight around his skull, but droops flabbily beneath his chin. Puss seeps out of occasional cracks in his skin, and boils cover his face. He errantly picks at and pulls a scab off of his forearm as he speaks, "Pleasure to meet you". The words form out of mucus rolling around in his throat.

One last oddity you may notice: Leo never blinks. Ever.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:09 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

"A pleasure to meet you. I admit, I am also not specific with the specifics of the current situation as well"
Old 10-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

Holyshitholyshitholyshit... What the FUCK have I gotten myself into?!?

Jake's thoughts swirl as he takes in the room and its occupants.

That dude is fucked UP! And what is up with Lord Stick Up His Ass?!? Oh man... Breathe, just... oh, right, I don't breath anymore. Just remember, Jake-O -- this is still better than that freakshow in Miami. Now, keep smiling, chill out, shut up and *listen* to what's going on...
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-05-2009, 08:38 PM

"The pleasure is ours, I'm sure," Zack says. His voice is gruff, but that may just be its natural sound. He turns to Rosalyn and says, "I'm not sure any of us have the whole picture right now."

"Agreed," replies Bonnie, "and I would very much like to speak with my Sire about certain matters." You hear footsteps descending the stairway beyond the parlor when Bonnie finishes.

"That will not be possible, at least not immediately," Rebekka says as she enters the room. She moves to take a position near the "head" of the parlor. "The Justicar and the Councilor deemed matters urgent enough that they wished to begin the interrogation of the prisoner as soon as they had the chance. We think we will be able to answer some of your questions, however, after we have dispensed with the formalities."

Rebekka looks in the direction of Zack and Jake, and Zack steps forward until he is just beyond arm's reach from the Prince.

"My Prince," Zack says, voice still gruff, and he removes his cap and makes a slight bow to Rebekka, "I am Zack North, a Gangrel of the 9th Generation. My Sire is Gitane St. Claire."

"We thank you for answering our requested summons. We could wish that circumstances were less dire in the city than they are, but then we likely would not have asked you to come to New Orleans at all."

"Of course, Majesty, it is my honor to serve city and sect." Zack backs away several steps, still holding his cap, and the Prince's neutral gaze falls on Jake.