CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:01 AM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

"That is an extreme oversimplification, but, I think my wishes and Jocelin's are very much in alignment here"
Old 10-02-2009, 06:54 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

"Did she tell you her wishes? Before she fell?" You can all but see a little needle headed towards the red part of the gauge appear over Antoinette's head as she gains steam.

"I'm imagining things, am I? So it was just a hallucination, seeing Jocelin become transparent, and that eyeball roll out of her head? Was Sarah imagining it, too? Or the Prince?

"Did I just imagine the Justicar's sword glowing bright as the Sun, or her getting charred from head to toe? The Prince said that everyone with the Justicar was in grave danger, that she was hit with something called blackfire, whatever the hell that is. Those roses that came from nowhere, including the one that turned Jocelin into this Rosalyn, another figment of my imagination? DON'T BULLSHIT ME!"
Old 10-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Huxley

Leo allows silence for a moment, thinking more talking would only push her to greater levels of hysteria.

"...Alright. I won't. Is there a particular question you had in mind?"
Old 10-04-2009, 06:32 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Antoinette splutters for a moment at the question, and continues a bit more calmly than before, although it's clear that it's a rather ragged calmness at the moment.

"How about all those questions I just asked? Did she check with Jocelin about what she wanted?" Antoinette thrusts a hand in Rosalyn's general direction. "Where did Jocelin go? We may have been able to see through her body, but it was still there. And I think everyone here knows that we weren't seeing things. Are you really going to tell me that Rebekka didn't know what she was talking about when she told Sarah and me that everyone with the Justicar was in grave peril? What the hell is this blackfire she was talking about?"
Old 10-04-2009, 07:21 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

"In a sense, yes. Jocelin did agree to help me with what I must now do . . . unfortunately, in a mix of rage and hubris she also did something that was rather ill advised, which is why she isnt precisely here at the moment"
Old 10-04-2009, 10:23 PM

Those of you facing the parlor's door (OOC -- all the PCs in the room) see Sarah begin entering the room. Then you hear car doors slam, and the doorbell rings. Sarah answers the door, and lets in a party led by Bonnie, whom you all recognize. François and Leo both recognize Camille and Kallista as well. There are two strangers, both men, with the women -- a tall, wiry fellow who perhaps is too good looking for his own good, and a shorter, broader man who looks like he's just come from the golf course.

"We heard a raised voice," Bonnie says. Her eyes fall on Rosalyn, then momentarily widen in surprise. "I'm beginning to see why it might have been called for."
Old 10-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

Jake beams a friendly smile and nods a greeting to all assembled, but keeps his yap shut for the moment.
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-04-2009, 10:47 PM

((OOC -- I should also note, the redhead is barely a girl of 15 in appearance, although a very pretty girl who carries herself very much in the manner of an adult.))
Old 10-04-2009, 11:00 PM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Francois looks at Antoinette sternly, and speaks slowly, calmly, but with an unmistakable force, as if speaking to a child acting up in a restaurant.

"I have answered your questions, and will answer any more you may have, as will Leo. What I will not do, under any circumstances, is allow you to embarass yourself, me, or the leaders of this city with your childish, petulant outbursts. You will remember that this is elysium, and you will conduct yourself accordingly. Am I clear?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:35 AM

Antoinette opens her mouth to make a scalding retort, then clamps her jaw shut, her teeth clicking audibly when she does. She looks over to the group of newcomers. Bonnie and Camille her give nearly identical quizzical head turns and arched eyebrows, causing Antoinette to scowl. She visibly reins in her temper somewhat further and turns back to François and the others.

"It's a funny thing," Antoinette says, "if you try to shovel BS down people's throats, you shouldn't be surprised when they sick up on you. I can see how that could be confused with someone acting like an infant; they're picky eaters. I don't remember losing my shit until I was condescended to like I was having some sort of overactive imagination moment. I saw what I saw, and so did Sarah, and the Prince. Maybe they figured out what was going on as soon as they saw, but I didn't, and I sure as hell haven't gotten anything but half-answers and the runaround asking you guys.

"So, you know what? It's cool. I'm the big baby for not being perfectly calm after seeing my best friend turn into a ghost and then disappear. I'll just go to my room without supper now, and when the grownups are finished talking, you can tell me whatever half-truths you want, and it'll all be for my own protection, I'm sure."

Antoinette turns on her heel and begins leaving the parlor in a militant stride.