CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:30 AM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Knight of Wands Reversed (pre-dawn Wed. 4/4/07)

When you finally come to, once again whole within the dome ward, Gwynnis is already up and about, the three roses given to her by the Lady in one hand. Once you get your bearings, you see that Jocelin's body has become translucent. Meerlinda opens her eyes right about when you get on your feet, and she takes the eye lying on the parlor floor and hands it to Gwynnis. Rebekka, Sarah, and Antoinette are standing just outside.

"Whatever it was that happened," Rebekka says, "it has caused quite a stir amongst those of us beyond the ward. I can only imagine what it is like from inside."

"It is matter of some explanation," Gwynnis says. She puts a hand to one of her temples as she looks at Jocelin's, and gets a bit of blood on her finger from one of the thorn wounds. "I'm not sure I believe it all, and I was there. But, first..."

Gwynnis hands two of the roses to Meerlinda, and puts her eye into the blossom of the third. She rests the flower so that the eye lies at the center of Jocelin's forehead. Eye and flower slowly sink into her translucent form. The flower begins to fade, and as it does, Jocelin's body solidifies, and its appearance changes.

Sarah emits a soft gasp, and Antoinette a shrill, wordless cry as the transformation occurs, but both subside at a signal from Rebekka. When the body is once again completely solid, you see the girl you met in Avalon, the perfect image of the one called Sidana.

"Is that?" Rebekka begins, but she trails off. Taking a moment to compose herself, she asks, "Is that who I think it is?"

Gwynnis studies the girl as she comes to and stands, unable to mask the uncertainty on her face after she rises. As the Justicar's silent study lengthens, the redhead drops her eyes. Gwynnis puckers as if she had just bitten into a lemon, and then after a tiny shrug she gives Meerlinda a curt gesture. The ward abruptly drops immediately thereafter.

"My Prince, I am Gwynnis, a Toreador of the 5th generation. I present to you my childe, Rosalyn Quinnell, and petition you for her acceptance into the city of New Orleans.

"Rosalyn," the Justicar continues, "you stand before Rebekka of clan Tremere, whom Caine has seen fit to rule over the city of New Orleans. Her word is law within her Domain, and she must enforce it firmly, with neither fear nor favor, for trying times lie before us."

"Rosalyn Quinnell," Rebekka says, carrying onward with the impromptu ceremony, "Toreador of the 6th generation, childe of Gwynnis, a member of good standing in the Camarilla, do you affirm your commitment to uphold the Traditions that have been a part of our sect since its inception to the utmost of your ability?"

Last edited by Detritus; 09-28-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:52 AM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

Rosalyn bows to Rebekka, "I, Rosalyn Quinnell, childe of Gwynnis, do so affirm to uphold the traditions to the utmost of my abilities in this time of trial"
Old 09-30-2009, 12:23 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

"Then let all present bear witness to the acceptance and admittance of Rosalyn Quinnell, childe of Gwynnis, Toreador of the 6th generation, as a member of good standing within the Camarilla." The Prince's appraising look lingers on Rosalyn before she turns to everyone else in the group.

"We would very much like to know how this came to pass," Rebekka says, "whatever you can tell us."

"We shall tell you," replies Gwynnis. "For now, it must be only you."

"But others have seen some of what has happened already."

"I will spare you the lecture on Plato's Cave, Rebekka. You may judge the wisdom of this decision after we have finished, but we do not begin until the room is cleared of all others besides yourself who did not go to retrieve Jocelin."

"As you command, Justicar. Will you please leave us," Rebekka says to Sarah and Antoinette. Meerlinda watches them leave, and as soon as they are out of range, she raises a ward against eavesdropping.

((At this point, I'll stipulate that you can relay everything that happened on the rescue mission to Rebekka. Gwynnis and Meerlinda will give an exhaustive accounting of everything they recall from the excursion.))

After you finish, Rebekka takes several breaths, evidently composing her thoughts.

"Did you manage to identify the man who attacked the shrine?" The Councilor makes to answer, and then realizes she still lacks her tongue. She concentrates for a few seconds and then begins speaking.

"I did not see his face, but I am sure it was Goratrix," replies Meerlinda, and Rebekka flinches at the name. "He has ever been ruled by ambition, and having been thwarted several times in his attempts to slay Tremere, he seems to have chosen a new target."

"And he learned of Arikel's resting place from Sidana?" asks Rebekka.

"It does seem likely," says Gwynnis. "She has walked the slopes of Glastonbury Tor several times."

"Goratrix will not stop just because his first effort met with failure. And I must warn, Excalibur's aura is the first thing I have ever seen that has effectively countered blackfire. It is a most lethal weapon, and I do not know if that trick will work as well, or at all, outside of Avalon."

"It's nearly as dangerous to the wielder," Rebekka says.

"I think that fact has earned us a brief respite at best," replies Meerlinda. "Goratrix was not daunted in the least by the danger that wielding blackfire presented to himself, that I saw."

"We will have to approach him with due caution, then," says Gwynnis. "Why has he chosen New Orleans, though?"

"I could not say," replies Meerlinda. "Perhaps it is nothing more than advancing the interests of his chosen sect."

"You don't sound convinced of that, Councilor."

"Perhaps our prisoner would know," says Rebekka.

"It might be so," replies Gwynnis. "Sidana might also know, though we already have reason enough to pursue her."

"Yes," says Rebekka, and her eyes flick towards Rosalyn. "How much of this shall we make more generally known?"

"The danger of blackfire, surely, and I would also name the likely mastermind behind the Sabbat operations in New Orleans," says Meerlinda.

"Yes, and there will be no avoiding putting out something about Rosalyn's appearance," says Gwynnis. "We could credit that to Meerlinda. And there are the Garou, and the insect-men, that we encountered as well."

A momentary silence falls before Gwynnis resumes speaking.

"The Councilor and I will research what it might be that Goratrix is after, assuming a motive that goes beyond generic Sabbat ambition."

"I assume that interrogating the prisoner falls under the research you named, Justicar," says Rebekka.

"It surely does," replies the Justicar. "It will fall to you, Rosalyn, and those with ties to Jocelin, to locate Sidana, and plan her capture. I assume this is an agreeable task, if an arduous one, for you? Tempus fugit and all..."

Last edited by Detritus; 10-05-2009 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Needed to put in the part about Meerlinda re-growing her tongue.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:55 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

"When you are having fun. I do not foresee overmuch fun in this matter, but the task is most agreeable, even desired"
Old 09-30-2009, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
"When you are having fun. I do not foresee overmuch fun in this matter, but the task is most agreeable, even desired"
"Easter sunrise will be upon us before we know it, regardless of how much, or how little, fun we have in the interim," says Meerlinda.

"This much is true," says Gwynnis. "Will you show us to the prisoner, my Prince?" Meerlinda lowers the ward, and Rebekka leads the other two elders upstairs.

After a minute or so, Antoinette wanders into the parlor.

"What was that about?" she asks. "What happened to Jocelin?"
Old 10-01-2009, 11:28 AM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Francois looks at Antoinette, "Jocelyn has fallen, but as such happened in the spirit world, there is some chance that she can be restored."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
Francois looks at Antoinette, "Jocelyn has fallen, but as such happened in the spirit world, there is some chance that she can be restored."
"Fallen? She was just here a few minutes ago. Sort of. Who's she?" Antoinette points at Rosalyn.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

"Yes, fallen. Her spirit was slain in that realm. This is one who may help restore our fallen compatriot via mystic magicks."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
"Yes, fallen. Her spirit was slain in that realm. This is one who may help restore our fallen compatriot via mystic magicks."
"But..., it looks like she's..." and here Antoinette struggles to find words, "...possessed Jocelin."
Old 10-02-2009, 12:05 AM
Huxley

"You are letting your imagination get away from you, I think"