CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:00 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
"So, that's a no on the phone number then? Look, ladies, I don't really know what I've walked into here. I'm an orphan from Miami trying to find a home. It sounds like some really rotten shit went down here and I'm truly sorry to hear you've suffered losses. But I hope you'll recognize that I'm walking in cold here."
"My dear Jacob, you've arrived when New Orleans is in the midst of interesting times," Bonnie says, smiling. "As I said before, Conclaves aren't called lightly. Don't you think it best that we get you to, how does the saying go? To hit the ground running?"
Old 10-01-2009, 07:46 PM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
"My dear Jacob, you've arrived when New Orleans is in the midst of interesting times," Bonnie says, smiling. "As I said before, Conclaves aren't called lightly. Don't you think it best that we get you to, how does the saying go? To hit the ground running?"
Jacob nods enthusiastically.

"Yes, that... Hitting the ground running. That would be a good thing. I would be most grateful with any help you can provide in that regard."
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-02-2009, 01:06 AM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Final infodump...

"I think that's what this is briefing is for, lad," Zack says, "for your benefit and mine, both." Bonnie nods her head.

"So let me see if I can recap. One Justicar destroyed, a likely prelude to a Sabbat incursion in New Orleans, and a second come to investigate. A change in management, and the former Prince assassinated. When he died, so did his connection with the Army Reserve. An arms merchant was targeted for elimination as well, one with ties to the Camarilla side of things, whether he knew it or not."

"I think that about sums it up," Bonnie says.

"Now, you said that Rebekka was assembling a Primogen Council, not convening or replacing one. Am I to understand that there was no such body in New Orleans during Mr. Johnson's rule?"

"That's right," answers Camille. "Mr. Johnson always harbored a desire to make all the Kindred of New Orleans of his line. He got a lot closer to realizing that dream after Katrina. The hunting got tougher after the storm, and most of the Brujah, Gangrel, and Tremere left town, except for those of us with ancestral ties to the city. That pretty much left Bianca for the Brujah, Sabine for the Tremere, and myself for the Gangrel, and then Mr. Johnson and his childer. Nobody knew what happened to Lazarus when the old Tremere Chantry blew away, and he was the only one who could really muster effective political opposition to Mr. Johnson, and even that was a shaky thing."

"And Samantha was one of the first to return," Bonnie says. "She and Bianca must have been in league from well before the time of the storm."

"Yeah, pretty much," replies Camille. "No one saw that coming. Samantha was always such a dingbat, and Bianca actually kept the other Brujah in line most of the time. She was pretty good at Sicilian politics, in a manner of speaking, and usually it only took the one skull-cracking for the others to figure out that they didn't want to watch that video again."

"And you don't think the other Brujah are Sabbat agents?" asks Zack.

"Black Cat turned out to be one. The others... I think they're OK." Camille pauses for a moment. "Well, there is Crusher. He came into town with Kindred who turned out to be Sabbat reinforcements, but I don't think he's one of them. Rebekka's handling him very carefully, though, probably under 'advice' from the Justicar."

"Has Gwynnis returned to the city?" Bonnie asks.

"Yes, last night, about two hours before dawn, and she brought one of the Tremere Council of Seven with her from Dallas. Meerlinda. She doesn't blink enough. It's kind of creepy."

"The Councilor is very perceptive," Bonnie says, unable to hide her grin at Camille's unease towards Meerlinda. "Slow to anger, but an implacable foe. It is said that she was the brains behind the formation of the Camarilla, though Hardestadt and Etrius are given the credit."

"Yeah, well, she could still blink every so often. Anyways, there was a ritual last night, I'm not really sure what, but Walsh's investigators from Dallas and the new Brujah Primogen are linked with Gwynnis somehow. Those linked to her did some scouting in astral form, and there was a confrontation with Samantha and some of her allies. Jocelin's astral form was severed from her body of the flesh. The Justicar was mounting a rescue mission tonight when I left for the airport, though I don't know how she expects to find someone stranded on the astral plane."

"Who can say what the combined resources of the Justicar and the Councilor could accomplish? They have a long history of working together, long even as most Kindred would reckon it. I am sure they have thought of something."

"I guess we'll find out pretty soon," says Camille, "I think we're getting close to the mansion."

"So we are," replies Bonnie. Turning her head and smiling, she says, "And you're equipped to fly now, aren't you, Jake?"
Old 10-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

Jake chuckles a bit.

"Well, I don't know how elegant a flight it will be, but I intend to do my best. I am most grateful to you all for your patience, tolerance and help. I won't forget your kind indulgence. I hope the rest of the New Orleans Camarilla extends me the same charity of judgment. But failing that, I certainly can no longer complain that I'm unprepared."
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-04-2009, 10:07 PM

"There's damn little about Kindred society that I'd describe as charitable, lad," Zack says with a grin. "Society of predators, and all, you understand. If you keep your eyes and ears open, and your wits about you, though, you should be fine."

"To the point, as always, Zack," Bonnie says, and then the limo comes to rest.

"Shall we go inside, then?" As you file out of the limo, Camille tips the driver, and walking up the steps, you hear a woman's voice raised in agitation. You exchange curious looks, and then Bonnie rings the doorbell. A few seconds pass and then a young woman with vivid magenta hair answers the door.

"Ah, Seneschal, you've returned. I'll inform the Prince of your arrival." The woman leaves without introducing herself, and you all follow Bonnie through the entryway into a parlor. You see one man with shoulder-length hair, two women, one redheaded, the other brunette, and one ugly-ass mofo who you'd guess was also male. The brunette is the one who looks agitated.

((FYI, the woman is Sarah Cobbler, you can find a picture of her in the "Dramatis Personae" thread. The brunette is Antoinette DuChamp, and her pic is also posted. The others in the parlor are PCs. Jake is officially in the "Knight of Wands Reversed" thread now.))