CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

"It is as you say," the king replies. "I have seen it more than I would like myself," he says, and his eyes stray towards the Justicar's face. A bit of her normal hair color has returned amidst the charring, but she sounds like she's muttering in a dialect of French that is beyond archaic, and would have been considered such even during François's mortal days.

"I would have the truth concerning the girl," Arthur says after turning back towards to Meerlinda. "I find your explanation difficult to credit."

"The eye," the girl says. "It's all in the eye. Anyone with sufficient skill in Auspex could retrieve it."

"I believe she speaks the truth," says Meerlinda, "but if you wish it, you may interrogate the eye yourself." The Councilor shrugs, and then the eye appears from one of the sleeves of her robe, and she holds it before you in the hollow of her palm.

[[The Spirit's Touch (Auspex 3) is the relevant power, if you want to have a crack at the eye.]]
Old 09-09-2009, 11:39 AM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Is my Auspex still advanced from the earlier ritual?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:55 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
Is my Auspex still advanced from the earlier ritual?
Yes. That will remain in play as long as you have the Justicar's eye.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:12 PM

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Then I will give it a shot.

Quote:
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Quote:
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:02 AM

When François takes the eye, the first things he gets a sense of is the essence of Jocelin's being collapsing into the eye just after the Garou seemed to have destroyed her.

Then, all the info in the The Deep Umbra and Beware the Violent Welsh threads become in-character knowledge for François. A summary of the pertinent info:

Jocelin found herself stranded above the coast of Alaska after the astral engagement with Samantha and friends. She met up with some insect-men, whom she tried to talk to, but received only bilious vomit in response. After dispatching the insect-men, she got directions from her sword, the same words (SOMERSET on one side and GLASTONBURY TOR on the other) that Gwynnis traced in her blood on the sides of Jocelin's katana.

Upon reaching Glastonbury Tor, she encountered someone who, after a bit of verbal sparring, somehow blew her most of the way across the Atlantic. Jocelin returned, experiencing some disorientation as she moved, at least at the beginning of her trans-Atlantic trek.

Eventually, the someone that Jocelin encountered over Somerset revealed herself to be the same girl that sits across from you on the other side of the Justicar. After some discussion, she convinces Jocelin to aid her in her quest to be reunited with Sidana, and then took up residence inside Jocelin's body (actually, inside the Justicar's eye, to be more precise). In the battle with the first werewolf, she somehow made Jocelin's sword glow with the fiery wrath that helped in defeating that foe.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:28 PM

Francois inhales deeply, and speaks.

"She called herself Siadana's "good twin", and refered to your wife as mother your majesty, and you as Father. How literal that was to be taken I can not say." Francois says. "I believe, by the way she was able to join with my kinswoman, that she is not sibling, but half of a divided whole, existing only in this spirit realm. She stated at one point that Siadanna was once moderated in her evil, when they were together, which also gives rise to my thought that they are in fact pieces of the same soul. In any event, I believe that the one before us has only secondary culpability in the death of my kin."

Francois turns to the girl. "You did however, manipulate Jocelyn to do your bidding. However her choices remained her own, she did not have to fight the loup-garou as she did. What guilt you take on yourself is up to you. I shall declare none on you."

Finally he turns to Meerlinda. "It seemed to me that Jocelin's...soul...may have escaped at the moment of death and entered into the justicar's eye. Know thee any magick that might return it to her body, which lies in New Orleans?"

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-15-2009, 04:45 AM

Arthur eyes the girl for a moment before giving a slow reply.

"She is not an heir of my body, but..."

"I felt something of my Sire's presence in Jocelin," the girl says, looking at Gwynnis with sad eyes. She then indicates both Francois and Leo. "As I feel it in you both."

"It is a result of a ritual to aid in efforts against Sidana's new compatriots," Meerlinda explains.

"In answer to your question, Francois, there is no ritual I know of that can achieve the rejoining of Jocelin's body and spirit. However, there is one who lies nearby who may be able to effect the reunion." The Councilor's eyes move to the shrine.

"The Lady of the Lake?" Arthur asks. "Why do you say that this is within her power?"

"Yes, the Lady of the Lake," says Gwynnis in a weak voice. Her eyes are steady when she speaks. "It is but one guise she has worn through the ages."

The king moves kneel at Gwynnis's shoulder. "Are you well, my love?"

"I hurt. Everywhere. But, I have survived, at least thus far." The Justicar's eyes fall on the redheaded girl for the first time.

"Since you are all not engaged in mortal combat with the girl, I shall assume that there is a good explanation for that."

"I would not harm you, Sire," the girl replies. Gwynnis manages to raise a skeptical eyebrow, but leaves it at that.

"The Lady of the Lake?" Arthur asks.

"Yes, about that. The Lady's memories stretch back to a time before the invention of the written word. In our world," Gwynnis says, subtly emphasizing that word, "she is known as Arikel, the Rose. She is the founder of my line."

"I... I did not know that," Arthur says quietly.

"I will try to keep you better informed in the future," replies Gwynnis, a trace of sadness, or perhaps regret, entering her features. "It is a failing of mine." Arthur smiles, yet a touch of sadness is on his face, too, when he does.

"Will you place me before the earth mother's shrine?" Gwynnis asks of Meerlinda.

"Of course," the Councilor replies. "I would guess the girl must accompany us."

Gwynnis studies the girl once again.

"And if I refuse this?"

"I believe Jocelin's fate is bound up with hers. You have not completely discharged your duty there." Gwynnis lets out a sigh and then winces.

"I concede the point. I must admit, I am unaccustomed to failure. It is a disagreeable feeling, knowing that one has failed." The Justicar then turns to Francois and Leo.

"You both have some stake in Jocelin's return. I think it appropriate that you accompany us to the shrine, if you wish. However, I will warn you, I cannot predict how my greatsire will react to any of us, nor do I have the least bit of control over what she will do. She has the artistic temperament in great measure, I am afraid. I suspect that she has called me, called us, here, though, so she will not mind. In any case, the brunt of her displeasure is likely to fall upon me, should it come to that. How do you choose?"
Old 09-15-2009, 09:04 AM

"I will accompany you my lady, out of duty to my kin, and affection for your clan."

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-15-2009, 07:38 PM
Huxley

"I will go. Additionally, I would fault myself for not having grabbed Jocelin sooner in the deep Umbra. Based on previous experience, I should have known that she would not act rationally. Perhaps I can shoulder some of the displeasure, seeing as I am currently in better health than you"
Old 09-17-2009, 12:03 AM

"Your offer is generous, perhaps even more than you know, but she does not always make her displeasure known through physical means. Nonetheless, I appreciate the gesture."

Gwynnis then signals for Meerlinda to move her to the shrine. The Tremere Councilor lifts the Justicar's body, unsupported, with a one-handed lifting gesture. Arthur and Sidana's better half follow the women to the shrine, the king idly twirling Excalibur in his hands.

The redheaded girl is quite lovely when you take a moment to look, and was just beginning to grow into a stunningly beautiful woman, but she can't be more than about 14 or 15 years of age, physically. There is no trace in her of the coltish awkwardness that often afflicts girls around that age, however. Her long red hair reaches to the middle of her thighs, and provides strategic cover for her body.

Upon reaching the shrine, Meerlinda gently sets Gwynnis down.

"Will you call forth the Lady, dearest? I'm afraid it must be the dark side."

Arthur looks at his wife for a moment, then finally nods a brings the tip of Excalibur in contact with the death side of the earth mother's mural. The sword flashes for an instant, and then shadow begins to shroud that side of the mural, and the king steps away. Once the wall is completely obscured, a woman begins to step out, one garbed in a flowing white dress, yet with her features hidden in the murk, save for her dimly lit outline.

Arthur favors the Lady with a precise bow, and Meerlinda makes a shallow curtsy. Sidana's better half makes a much deeper curtsy, and remains balanced on one knee instead of rising.

((EDIT -- Here's a pic of what I was trying to describe for the Lady's appearance.))

Last edited by Detritus; 09-17-2009 at 12:06 AM.