CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:05 PM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

"I pray, let someone make sense of this one's gibberish. Am I to believe that she was physically duplicated and now exists twice? Should she be slain, would it equally slay the other?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:19 PM
Huxley

"I wish I could... what she describes sounds like a plausible Sabbat embrace"
Old 08-27-2009, 07:15 AM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
"I pray, let someone make sense of this one's gibberish. Am I to believe that she was physically duplicated and now exists twice? Should she be slain, would it equally slay the other?"
"I do not recall making the claim that I am a physical duplicate of Sidana, Sir Knight."

"Then how is it that you are here?" asks Meerlinda.

"The eye, of course. It drew me to the girl in the first place. When she came to the uttermost deep bearing a token of my Sire, I thought that I was to be rescued at last. It seems I was wrong about that," the girl finishes sadly. She slumps dejectedly for a moment before recovering her posture.

"If you would say that vengeance is thine, Lord Knight, then know that you would not destroy Sidana if you struck me down, save that she will never be more than she is now."

"An aspect of Sidana," Meerlinda says slowly. "Whatever she lost crawling out of that hole. That is what you claim to be."

"Of her, yet not her," the girl replies. "I cannot claim to understand how it happened, but it did."
Old 08-27-2009, 09:41 AM

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Turning to Meerlinda, Francois says, "Counceller I beg thee, I am but a simple soldier; you seem to understand the riddles that pass for speech from this one. Is she, or is she not responsable for the death of Jocelyn?"

Quote:
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Quote:
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:32 AM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
Turning to Meerlinda, Francois says, "Counceller I beg thee, I am but a simple soldier; you seem to understand the riddles that pass for speech from this one. Is she, or is she not responsable for the death of Jocelyn?"
The Councilor considers the question for a moment.

"I do not believe her hands wielded the spear in anger, if that is what you are asking. Yet even if they did, she bears no burden of responsibility for Jocelin's choice to place the need for personal vengeance above her own safety. The wielder of the spear, whatever her transgressions, did not heedlessly charge into mortal peril in direct contradiction of her Primogen's stated command."
Old 08-27-2009, 12:44 PM

"We can speak of shared culpability and the sins of my kin another time. Is this person before us, the one who lead our enemies on the field of battle, who collapsed the gate, and who engaged a Camarilla Justicar in combat?"

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-27-2009, 05:12 PM

"I have already stated that I believe that her hands did not wield the spear in anger. What further answer would you have of me?

"As for the gate, it did not collapse as you suggest. I closed it, as quickly as I could while permitting retreat to Avalon. It seemed a prudent measure, as did the Justicar's insistence that it not be re-opened once closed."
Old 09-03-2009, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
"I have already stated that I believe that her hands did not wield the spear in anger. What further answer would you have of me?

"As for the gate, it did not collapse as you suggest. I closed it, as quickly as I could while permitting retreat to Avalon. It seemed a prudent measure, as did the Justicar's insistence that it not be re-opened once closed."
"I never wield my sword in anger, yet what I do with it is still mine to bear. If you mean she did not weild the spear, that it was her twin or doppelganger, then say so. Clearly, simply, and with no addendum."

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-04-2009, 06:46 AM

"You would accuse her of prevarication?" Arthur asks, soundly mildly scandalized.

"It is fine, Sire," replies Meerlinda, turning to the king. "My command of idiom seems to fall short of a passing grade. Instead of further answer, I shall give less. It is my belief that the nude girl to my left did not wield the spear." Only then does the Councilor turn her placid gaze back to François.

"I have known the Justicar for a very long time, for ten lives of men and more, if you must know. Much longer than you, of that there is no doubt. I would not hedge words to protect an assailant who would attempt her life."
Old 09-08-2009, 02:45 PM

Francois removes his blade from under Arthurs. "My lord, I have found that is the nature of our kind to equivicate, to speak such that lies are not told, yet the truth remains veiled. I do not accuse the councelor of speaking unplainly for any nefarious purpose, indeed, it becomes nature to us as we age. And as the councelor suggests, she has lived for some long time."

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: