CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 10-07-2009, 01:39 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all

"If they've isolated the Justicar...' Jack says. "Use the knife, focus on the Assamite, see if she's there. If you're lucky, Gwinnis will be in the vicinity. You said the knife can talk?"

Last edited by SD Anderson; 10-07-2009 at 01:45 AM.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:17 AM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

"That wouldn't work unless the Assamite already had the dagger on her," Dee Dee says with a bit of exasperation. "Ah, Christ, I keep forgetting you're new to the business with the dagger. I've used it so much it's like a fifth limb to me, so I've just internalized how it works. So here goes, once more from the top.

"The dagger is an anchor for second sight if you don't have it, not a projector of second sight if you do have it. And it's an anchor for second hearing, too, that's what the business about it having ears and a mouth was referring to. You can hear what's going on around the dagger, but that's effectively the same as it hearing and then telling you what's going on.

"Anyways, think back to when you spotted the Assamite at the Veteran's Hospital. You didn't have the dagger, she did, and your second sight was anchored on her person, because she still had the dagger after I stuck her with it outside Al's. Then after she was captured, I was able to take the dagger off her person, thanks to the blood relation between Gwynnis and me.

"I have second sight of my own, and with a projection range much further than you can get with holding the dagger yourself. The problem with that is I didn't know where to look, nor did anyone else, and we wouldn't have figured it out without the dagger. If you have the dagger yourself, you can only shift your vantage point a few hundred yards away from it, which will get you a decent-sized area beneath you, but you can't see a subject indefinitely far away from it that way.

"But, if somebody else has the dagger, you can shift your vantage point as far as you need to have your second sight centered on it. The intervening distance really doesn't matter in that case. Now that I know where to look, though, I don't need the dagger, and I won't be using it to watch what's going on. That'll be pure Dee Dee.

"All of which to say, you can't use the dagger out here in the boondocks to see what's going on at the mansion, and I don't want to divert my attention from the compound unless absolutely necessary. I really think I need to get back to the city make a report in person, and I'm not sure I want to leave just one or two people behind in circumstances where we don't know just how much is arrayed against us, especially when the inklings we've gotten so far suggest we're already outnumbered without splitting up."
Old 10-08-2009, 05:18 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all

"Ok, you have the cell of anyone else at that house?" Jack asks. "Presumably someone is doing basic guard duty there and can answer their phone."
Old 10-09-2009, 05:23 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Right when Jack suggests this, Dee Dee's cell phone starts to audibly vibrate. After a couple of sentences it's clear the Sheriff is talking to the Prince. She manages to report Wynn's appearance, and begins to tell about what everyone has seen in terms of the layout of and personnel in the compound when she's cut short. The second half of the conversation sees Dee Dee mainly listening with the occasional, "As you say, my Prince," thrown into the mix.

"There have been developments," Dee Dee says after she hangs up. "Rebekka has called a council starting at 2 am. We're to bring Wynn before her prior to the council convening. She seemed surprised that you were here," she says to Wynn, "but she was able to confirm that you worked together on the Primogen Council in Houston." Wynn nods as if there were no other possible outcome.

"There were... complications in the rescue mission for Jocelin. Rebekka didn't go into any details, but whatever happened, she felt it necessary to assemble the senior staff of the city to talk about it. Also, Bonnie has returned the city. She's orienting on the dagger right now, and both she and I will be watching the compound while we return to the mansion. All right, Roman, let's get going."
Old 10-11-2009, 08:09 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

I'll assume at this point: New thread a'coming
Old 10-11-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Anderson View Post
I'll assume at this point: New thread a'coming
Yes, Jack and the gang will roll in right around when the other IC thread wraps up, which should be soon.