CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:57 AM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

You can start from inside the truck. As you head deeper into the off-road country, the land becomes more heavily forested. You can get to a vantage point about 200 yards or so above the ground.

"We probably shouldn't just drive up to the front door of wherever it is we're going," says Roman. "At some point we're going to have to get out and walk, if we're planning on doing any sneaking."

"Agreed," replies the Sheriff. "Looks like there's a compound a few miles up the road. Let's try to find a parking spot within the next mile or so. We can try to get closer afoot after that." Jack can confirm Dee Dee's interpretation of the clearing in the woods he sees at this time.

Roman finds a decent parking spot where he can pull off the little-used trail he was following about three-quarters of a mile from where the discussion about parking occurred. There he can pull a bit into the woods and drive around to the far side of a largish tree trunk, interposing it between his pickup and the road.

It's probably 2-3 miles to the compound, which has several ramshackle buildings of similar quality to the one that Jack and the gang from Dallas met Lucian in, although the buildings all look to be considerably larger than the little shack Lucian was in. There are several pickup trucks and vans on the ground as well, and a few people are stirring on the grounds.

"We should probably come at this from a couple of different directions if we can," says Dee Dee. "Jack and I can head out in opposite directions. Can you take to the skies and keep yourself hidden?" she asks of Muaziz.

"No, although if I have at least one watcher, I can do some astral scouting." Dee Dee considers for a moment.

"I'd prefer it if you were in the here and now, in case things get hot. It won't be trivial to get you roused if we need it and you're out and about in astral form. Maybe you should stay here at our base camp, such as it is."

"One of us can go on bat patrol," says Erich.

"I'm staying with my truck," replies Roman. "We might need a getaway car."

"OK, Roman and Muaziz stay here as backup and getaway support, Erich takes to the sky, and Jack and I head out in separate directions, unless you've got anything else you'd like to suggest," the Sheriff says to you.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:33 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
You can start from inside the truck. As you head deeper into the off-road country, the land becomes more heavily forested. You can get to a vantage point about 200 yards or so above the ground.

"We probably shouldn't just drive up to the front door of wherever it is we're going," says Roman. "At some point we're going to have to get out and walk, if we're planning on doing any sneaking."

"Agreed," replies the Sheriff. "Looks like there's a compound a few miles up the road. Let's try to find a parking spot within the next mile or so. We can try to get closer afoot after that." Jack can confirm Dee Dee's interpretation of the clearing in the woods he sees at this time.

Roman finds a decent parking spot where he can pull off the little-used trail he was following about three-quarters of a mile from where the discussion about parking occurred. There he can pull a bit into the woods and drive around to the far side of a largish tree trunk, interposing it between his pickup and the road.

It's probably 2-3 miles to the compound, which has several ramshackle buildings of similar quality to the one that Jack and the gang from Dallas met Lucian in, although the buildings all look to be considerably larger than the little shack Lucian was in. There are several pickup trucks and vans on the ground as well, and a few people are stirring on the grounds.

"We should probably come at this from a couple of different directions if we can," says Dee Dee. "Jack and I can head out in opposite directions. Can you take to the skies and keep yourself hidden?" she asks of Muaziz.

"No, although if I have at least one watcher, I can do some astral scouting." Dee Dee considers for a moment.

"I'd prefer it if you were in the here and now, in case things get hot. It won't be trivial to get you roused if we need it and you're out and about in astral form. Maybe you should stay here at our base camp, such as it is."

"One of us can go on bat patrol," says Erich.

"I'm staying with my truck," replies Roman. "We might need a getaway car."

"OK, Roman and Muaziz stay here as backup and getaway support, Erich takes to the sky, and Jack and I head out in separate directions, unless you've got anything else you'd like to suggest," the Sheriff says to you.
"Lucien and his people appear to be well organized and professional. Drake when you get down to it is a show off and her people tend to be amateurs, to of whom seem to think spraying lead around and leaving lit sticks of dynamite behind constitutes good tactics. There won't be a lot of consistency of quality if both groups are around. But I expect the pros among them to use tripwires, motion sensors and cameras with IR or night vision.' Jack says.

"Keep an eye out for them."
Old 08-30-2009, 06:54 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

As you start to approach the compound on foot, you start getting better and better angles from which to view its layout. Most of the vehicles are clustered by the tallest building in the compound, presumably the garage. There are five narrow, shotgun shack-looking buildings that surround two double-wide mobile homes in an irregularly spaced perimeter.

You see one person, whom you recognize as Lucian's lieutenant from the Texas encounter. He emerges from one of the mobile homes unarmed, enters the smallest shack, and comes out with a shotgun in either hand about 30 seconds later. There doesn't seem to be any particular urgency in his movements. You watch as he heads back towards the trailer he came from when you hear a twig break.

When you turn your head, you see a man step out from behind a tree. He drops the pieces of a broken twig and then shows his empty palms at you. He takes a few steps toward you, utterly silent as he moves, until he is close enough to speak with you in a low voice.

"You stalk dangerous prey. Are you certain you are equal to the task?"
Old 08-30-2009, 09:19 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all

Quote:
As you start to approach the compound on foot, you start getting better and better angles from which to view its layout. Most of the vehicles are clustered by the tallest building in the compound, presumably the garage. There are five narrow, shotgun shack-looking buildings that surround two double-wide mobile homes in an irregularly spaced perimeter.

You see one person, whom you recognize as Lucian's lieutenant from the Texas encounter. He emerges from one of the mobile homes unarmed, enters the smallest shack, and comes out with a shotgun in either hand about 30 seconds later. There doesn't seem to be any particular urgency in his movements. You watch as he heads back towards the trailer he came from when you hear a twig break.

When you turn your head, you see a man step out from behind a tree. He drops the pieces of a broken twig and then shows his empty palms at you. He takes a few steps toward you, utterly silent as he moves, until he is close enough to speak with you in a low voice.

"You stalk dangerous prey. Are you certain you are equal to the task?"
"Not a real question. You run you lose and they come and kill you at their lesiure and get to take their time killing you. Man up to what ou have to do and they might kill you. But it isn't about how fast, how strong or how skilled they are. It boils down to how willing are you to see the other guy die. Those fuckers need killing real bad. And it's time to give them what they need." Jack says.

"Now it's my turn to ask a question; Who the fuck are you and why are you here right now?"
Old 08-30-2009, 11:54 PM

"My name is Wynn. I am Gangrel. My Sire is Stanislava." He pauses for a moment then shakes his head slightly. "That is... who I am." Another short pause follows.

"I am here, in part, to pay my respects to the new Prince of New Orleans, or I will be paying them shortly, better to say. We sat together on the Primogen Council in Houston until very recently. It seems that Rebekka has finally come into her own," he says, the last sentence half to himself.

"We have had a succession of interesting guests in Houston in recent nights," he says, putting his full attention back to you, "the latest of whom requested that I learn of the lay of the land in the outlying areas to New Orleans. That was two nights ago. I was drawn here in my scouting efforts, and it seems I am not the only one to have been drawn to these woods."
Old 08-31-2009, 01:22 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

Quote:
"My name is Wynn. I am Gangrel. My Sire is Stanislava." He pauses for a moment then shakes his head slightly. "That is... who I am." Another short pause follows.

"I am here, in part, to pay my respects to the new Prince of New Orleans, or I will be paying them shortly, better to say. We sat together on the Primogen Council in Houston until very recently. It seems that Rebekka has finally come into her own," he says, the last sentence half to himself.

"We have had a succession of interesting guests in Houston in recent nights," he says, putting his full attention back to you, "the latest of whom requested that I learn of the lay of the land in the outlying areas to New Orleans. That was two nights ago. I was drawn here in my scouting efforts, and it seems I am not the only one to have been drawn to these woods."
And you know my name because you're very good at looking over the lay of the land, I take it?

Edit: If he has any body language or psychology worth mentioning he can reasonably conclude that Jack's line of questioning will be to ry and see if there is either a bloodline link to Rebecca or... unlikely to Jack and Erik.

Last edited by SD Anderson; 08-31-2009 at 01:25 AM.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Anderson View Post
And you know my name because you're very good at looking over the lay of the land, I take it?
"I have never heard your name uttered that I am aware of. My proficiency in sizing up the wilderness is aided greatly by the ability to speak with The Master's Voice." The capitalization in the final three words is subtly evident in Wynn's speech.

"Yet, I do not think that is the question you wish answered. I have never been very good at reading minds. For that, you should speak with Rebekka. Or better yet, Gwynnis, who did see fit to assign me this task after bring Prince Casimir back to Houston. But if you would have straight answers from me, then ask me straight questions."
Old 08-31-2009, 08:02 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

"Fair enough. You clearly have some idea of whatever and whomever lie ahead. Any specifics you can give me?
Old 09-01-2009, 08:53 AM

"A half-dozen Kindred have recently arrived, and I have seen as many more go between various buildings in the clearing. I would guess that at least as many more as I have seen are within the buildings.

"Having queried the wildlife in the immediate vicinity, I believe there also Garou in the area. How many I cannot yet say, but there seems to be something... off about them, from what I could gather from the local fauna. I am not sure I understand."
Old 09-02-2009, 06:40 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

"We know of four, likely Spiral Dancers, apparently working with the kindred you've seen. Seems they're after something real bad that they also want really bad." Jack says.