CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:27 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
"I was thinking I'd handle that myself," Dee Dee says, turning towards you from the shotgun seat. "You think you can get close enough to do it without provoking a larger skirmish?"
"Will it hurt matters if he does it?" Muaziz asks.

"He's pretty handy in a tight spot," Erich offers. "He can look at things from different angles, when the time comes."

Dee Dee purses her lips for a moment, then seems to come to a decision. She takes the dagger and nicks one of her fingers with it. Her vitae seems to soak into the blade. When the dagger is once again dry, she hands it to Jack.

"That will do for two-way radio between us," she says to you. "I'll still need to guide you until you can get close enough for your eyes. If you can draw one of them away from the rest of the group, so much the better, but getting the blade delivered is key."

The Sheriff turns to Roman. "We got some off-roading ahead of us pretty soon."
Old 08-25-2009, 01:25 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all

Quote:
"I was thinking I'd handle that myself," Dee Dee says, turning towards you from the shotgun seat. "You think you can get close enough to do it without provoking a larger skirmish?"
[ooc: Clarification request. "it" from the line 'close enough to do it'. ]
Old 08-25-2009, 01:45 AM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Anderson View Post
Stick the dagger in one of the enemies.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:51 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all

Quote:
"That's a variable. Which one of them how close they are to each other at that time, whether the guy can go missing for a bit without anyone paying attention. For what you're asking, probably not."
Old 08-26-2009, 10:16 AM

Quote:
"That's a variable. Which one of them how close they are to each other at that time, whether the guy can go missing for a bit without anyone paying attention. For what you're asking, probably not."
"What did you want to try with the dagger, then, if not to plant it in one of the enemies?" asks Dee Dee.

((What did "Let me try the dagger..." mean in the context of this conversation? Jack is kind of sending mixed signals here as I'm reading them.))
Old 08-26-2009, 07:40 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

I was under trhe impression the dagger let me view things i was trying to do aerial recon of the region she thought Drake and company were heading towards. There's an outside chance someone armed and waiting might be spotted and a better(?) chance that an area that's been obscured by magic or discipline might show up as a big blank - think Byrne's Superman simply investigating a place that is lead lined.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:00 PM

Quote:
I was under trhe impression the dagger let me view things i was trying to do aerial recon of the region she thought Drake and company were heading towards. There's an outside chance someone armed and waiting might be spotted and a better(?) chance that an area that's been obscured by magic or discipline might show up as a big blank - think Byrne's Superman simply investigating a place that is lead lined.
You can view whoever holds the dagger -- it was the Assamite that you tracked before, and she was the one that Dee Dee wounded with it in the fight outside Al's, before she went to send deliver a "Don't Get Well Soon" card to Al in the VA Hospital. If you have the dagger, that trick won't work on anyone except yourself, and only then by anyone who has some affinity with it via Gwynnis's flesh and/or blood. Dee Dee is already providing the surveillance function you're thinking of here with her own personal Auspex ability.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:32 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

Quote:
You can view whoever holds the dagger -- it was the Assamite that you tracked before, and she was the one that Dee Dee wounded with it in the fight outside Al's, before she went to send deliver a "Don't Get Well Soon" card to Al in the VA Hospital. If you have the dagger, that trick won't work on anyone except yourself, and only then by anyone who has some affinity with it via Gwynnis's flesh and/or blood. Dee Dee is already providing the surveillance function you're thinking of here with her own personal Auspex ability.

Ok, Jack was able to see areas the Assamite was not in, the hallway between the trwo hospital rooms and shift around as desired to get to where we had set up the ambush before she got there. So I wanted to get a good aerial view.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:52 PM

Yes, and that capability was keyed off of the dagger -- there was/is a range limit to that ability, but Jack never ran afoul of it the first go around. Anyone holding the dagger could do the same thing, keyed off their own position, but then you're limited by how close you can get to the object of surveillance. It does have the advantage that you don't have to alert the object of the scrying to your presence the way that a stabbity delivery of the dagger would, but if you stick the dagger in someone, then anyone keyed to the dagger can watch whoever got stuck with it.

OK, so with all this info hashed out now, what is it that you'd like to have Jack do?
Old 08-29-2009, 03:35 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

Jack will go ahead and try aerial srvelillence using the knife till he HITs those range limits he knows nothing about OR finds somethin of note.