CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-16-2009, 07:50 PM
Detritus's Avatar
Detritus Detritus is offline
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: A slough of despond
Posts: 14,681
Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Offroading fun for the whole family (Jack, pre-dawn Wed. 4/4/07)

When you've nearly completed your preparations, Camille informs everyone going into the field that Roman waits outside with his pickup truck. When you pass by the ward, the Toreador aren't there, but Sarah and Antoinette stand outside, watching the ward's occupant, who seem not to stir at all.

Roman has a crew cab (i.e. four-door) pickup, a Chevy Silverado. Erik stands with him near the driver's side doors. Dee Dee calls shotgun by right of needing to give directions, but groups everyone over to discuss strategy and tactics before you head out.

"Let's talk this out. We're going into a situation that can turn extremely hot in an instant. We want info, but engaging targets of opportunity is acceptable if the numbers are enough in our favor."

She closes her eyes for a moment.

"They're heading even further east, and starting to angle north. Heading towards the wilderness. How much experience does everyone have in the wilds?"
__________________
Hast thou seen my anointed, TEBOW?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-16-2009, 08:04 PM
SD Anderson's Avatar
SD Anderson SD Anderson is offline
Bona fide Fumbler
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,570
SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
When you've nearly completed your preparations, Camille informs everyone going into the field that Roman waits outside with his pickup truck. When you pass by the ward, the Toreador aren't there, but Sarah and Antoinette stand outside, watching the ward's occupant, who seem not to stir at all.

Roman has a crew cab (i.e. four-door) pickup, a Chevy Silverado. Erik stands with him near the driver's side doors. Dee Dee calls shotgun by right of needing to give directions, but groups everyone over to discuss strategy and tactics before you head out.

"Let's talk this out. We're going into a situation that can turn extremely hot in an instant. We want info, but engaging targets of opportunity is acceptable if the numbers are enough in our favor."
"The best way to take and keep a Garou captive is quadruple amputation. I hope there is a suitable alternative. 'humanity' is a concept we value even if the Sabbat don't. What sure means do have available to restrain an intact Werewolf?" Jack asks.

Quote:
She closes her eyes for a moment.

"They're heading even further east, and starting to angle north. Heading towards the wilderness. How much experience does everyone have in the wilds?"
"Some. Not around here however. There are damn few places in America where Gorillas can be expected to be found in the wild."
__________________
Gravity never makes suggestions. It always issues orders.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-17-2009, 08:53 AM
Detritus's Avatar
Detritus Detritus is offline
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: A slough of despond
Posts: 14,681
Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Roman offers that he's spent some time in the Barrens around New Orleans, but not so far east as Samantha et al. are heading, but rather more in the opposite direction, in the country between New Orleans and Baton Rouge.

In answer to the question about restraining werewolves, Muaziz looks around to make sure no one's watching you, then looks in Erik's direction. When she does, he begins to lift off the ground, to his surprise. He only lifts a few inches before being set back down on terra firma. Both Erik and Roman eye her askance after the demonstration.

"That will work so long as we aren't in an enclosed space," the Tremere archon says, "or near hand holds. I can raise a ward after that, but that isn't terribly mobile. We'd have to do our questioning in the field, this way."

"What about conjuring up some silver shackles?" Dee Dee asks.

"It's too much precious metal to be practical. Silver isn't all that strong, so you'd need a fair amount of it. My understanding was that we were not necessarily looking to capture any Garou, but simply to watch and learn."

"I agree," replies the Sheriff, "we need to find out what we're up against, and while asking questions would be nice, I'm not sure how forthcoming any of the Garou would be. If Samantha heads towards more Kindred allies, one of them might be a better option, though I think we have about as good as we're going to get already in that regard. Shadowing our enemies without revealing ourselves might be the best option for now, especially if we find ourselves badly outnumbered."
__________________
Hast thou seen my anointed, TEBOW?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-18-2009, 08:00 PM
SD Anderson's Avatar
SD Anderson SD Anderson is offline
Bona fide Fumbler
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,570
SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
Roman offers that he's spent some time in the Barrens around New Orleans, but not so far east as Samantha et al. are heading, but rather more in the opposite direction, in the country between New Orleans and Baton Rouge.

In answer to the question about restraining werewolves, Muaziz looks around to make sure no one's watching you, then looks in Erik's direction. When she does, he begins to lift off the ground, to his surprise. He only lifts a few inches before being set back down on terra firma. Both Erik and Roman eye her askance after the demonstration.

"That will work so long as we aren't in an enclosed space," the Tremere archon says, "or near hand holds. I can raise a ward after that, but that isn't terribly mobile. We'd have to do our questioning in the field, this way."

"What about conjuring up some silver shackles?" Dee Dee asks.

"It's too much precious metal to be practical. Silver isn't all that strong, so you'd need a fair amount of it. My understanding was that we were not necessarily looking to capture any Garou, but simply to watch and learn."

"I agree," replies the Sheriff, "we need to find out what we're up against, and while asking questions would be nice, I'm not sure how forthcoming any of the Garou would be. If Samantha heads towards more Kindred allies, one of them might be a better option, though I think we have about as good as we're going to get already in that regard. Shadowing our enemies without revealing ourselves might be the best option for now, especially if we find ourselves badly outnumbered."
"Well if we are going to do that are the wolfies heading to the same general area as Drake or elsewhere?"
__________________
Gravity never makes suggestions. It always issues orders.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-18-2009, 08:16 PM
Detritus's Avatar
Detritus Detritus is offline
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: A slough of despond
Posts: 14,681
Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Anderson View Post
"Well if we are going to do that are the wolfies heading to the same general area as Drake or elsewhere?"
"There were four with her, but now there are only two. The other two just seemed to turn and vanish, and haven't returned, so far as I saw," answers the Sheriff.
__________________
Hast thou seen my anointed, TEBOW?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-18-2009, 08:23 PM
SD Anderson's Avatar
SD Anderson SD Anderson is offline
Bona fide Fumbler
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,570
SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all
Default

"And those two apparently went off into the mirror universe or whatever." Jack says. "If Drake's with them, a surgical strike should be an option we keep open."
__________________
Gravity never makes suggestions. It always issues orders.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-18-2009, 08:48 PM
Detritus's Avatar
Detritus Detritus is offline
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: A slough of despond
Posts: 14,681
Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Anderson View Post
"And those two apparently went off into the mirror universe or whatever." Jack says. "If Drake's with them, a surgical strike should be an option we keep open."
"She's still in the here and now," replies Dee Dee. "I have to think she's leading us to Lucian's allies at the very least, and maybe with some more Garou muscle to boot. The only question is whether they'll be out in the open before we get it in our heads to try to get within arm's reach of her or not."
__________________
Hast thou seen my anointed, TEBOW?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-19-2009, 08:28 AM
Detritus's Avatar
Detritus Detritus is offline
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: A slough of despond
Posts: 14,681
Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
"She's still in the here and now," replies Dee Dee. "I have to think she's leading us to Lucian's allies at the very least, and maybe with some more Garou muscle to boot. The only question is whether they'll be out in the open before we get it in our heads to try to get within arm's reach of her or not."
"There's also the dagger," says Muaziz. "Even if we don't manage to capture any stragglers, handing off the hot potato will permit remote surveillance by several more pairs of eyes."

"Yeah, that's something we've got to keep in mind," replies Dee Dee. "Maybe we should get going. I think our quarry is heading up to the eastern shore of Lake Ponchartrain. It'll take a bit of doing to follow them there."

Everyone starts to pile into Roman's truck at these words. As you head away from the city, Dee Dee reports that Samantha and her companions are indeed headed towards the eastern shore of the lake, headed off-road towards a small cluster of ramshackle cabins near the lake's shore.

((Somewhere between when the two Garou step sideways and Samantha et al. leaving town, those still in the material plane actually leave the city in a motor vehicle, a pickup truck with a cover for the bed.))
__________________
Hast thou seen my anointed, TEBOW?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-21-2009, 08:46 PM
SD Anderson's Avatar
SD Anderson SD Anderson is offline
Bona fide Fumbler
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,570
SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all
Default

'Let me try the dagger. I'll see if I can scout from a high point. Lucien's forces might stand out if we're lucky." Jack says.
__________________
Gravity never makes suggestions. It always issues orders.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-22-2009, 01:48 PM
Detritus's Avatar
Detritus Detritus is offline
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: A slough of despond
Posts: 14,681
Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Anderson View Post
'Let me try the dagger. I'll see if I can scout from a high point. Lucien's forces might stand out if we're lucky." Jack says.
"I was thinking I'd handle that myself," Dee Dee says, turning towards you from the shotgun seat. "You think you can get close enough to do it without provoking a larger skirmish?"
__________________
Hast thou seen my anointed, TEBOW?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright on all original post text belongs to the poster.