CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:48 AM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Between the struggle with the Garou, its cloying and corrosive blood on your legs, and the claw marks on her shoulder, Jocelin feels a Frenzy of epic proportions start to build. Then she hears the good twin's voice inside her head:

"If you're going to fight angry, let your weapon do the talking," she says. You feel the white-hot rage of full Frenzy for a split-second before it somehow channels into your blade, which for the moment glows with your burning wrath.

Last edited by Detritus; 03-05-2010 at 03:36 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-20-2009, 07:44 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

Jocelin wants to stab the thing. In the eyes. Repeatedly

((19 -9 for eyes, +3 for hit location, 13 . . . minus penalties for bad position, plus bonuses for size mod, have a sporting chance))
Old 08-20-2009, 08:05 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
Jocelin wants to stab the thing. In the eyes. Repeatedly

((19 -9 for eyes, +3 for hit location, 13 . . . minus penalties for bad position, plus bonuses for size mod, have a sporting chance))
Its head is turned, but I'll say you can stab it through the ear for the same penalties and desirable effects if the attack is successful. I've got a telecon coming up, and then will resolve the attack sometime after that.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:35 AM

OK, this is a trickier situation mechanically than I first realized. This is how things will play out:

Normally a katana can't be wielded effectively in close combat. Since the Garou has long arms and only has a one-handed hold on Jocelin, I'm going to say that she can maneuver herself one hex away from the Garou to make her stabs, but it will take her move action and the additional attacks from her Celerity to do this. She'll still get the Weapon Master bonus attacks, so the net result is that she will take two attacks to stab the Garou in the eye. She will still be held, as her opponent severely outclasses her ST-wise, even with some Potence buffing for Jocelin.

Modifiers work out as: -8 for attempting to hit the Garou's eye (which I'll rule has the same proportionate size increase as its body), +3 for the maneuver, and -2 close-combat penalty still applies because Jocelin is still grappled, she's just being grappled at a one-hex distance. This gives her an effective weapon skill of 12, and the Garou will try dodging any blows that land by the attack rolls.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:30 AM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

((I did buy up the Close Combat manuever for the Katana by 1 . . . which makes the katana usable at reach C at -4 penalty, provided have an empty hex behind me. I didnt realize I was at reach C when I did earlier guestimation))

edit (also probably doing this one handed, so doing one handed damage and using inferior 1 handed parry if have a parryable attack sent my way)

Last edited by Kalzazz; 08-21-2009 at 03:46 AM. Reason: actually explained what close combat did, page 46
Old 08-21-2009, 05:03 AM

Quote:
((I did buy up the Close Combat manuever for the Katana by 1))
It's a moot point in this particular instance since Jocelin hit both her attacks and neither was dodged. I probably would have ruled that stabbing the Garou through the eyes wouldn't have been possible at close combat range anyways. However skilled Jocelin is with the katana, Plastic Girl she ain't. On to the resolution:

Those of you attempting rescue of Jocelin watch as she twists in the one-handed grip that holds her, her sword flaring orange in her wrath. Then, in motions that combine blinding precision and deadly speed, she stabs the Garou in one eye, extracts her blade, and stabs out the other eye. The flesh of the Garou's head melts around its skull in bloody ruin.

Three sprays of something fountain up towards you. One of them hits the body of the now-deceased Garou, and its carapace dissolves with a little extra damage to the flesh beneath passing through. It is a foul-smelling compound, whatever it is. Three of insect-men have gotten close enough to spit at you, it seems. The other three and the second Garou are headed towards the opening in the tower, and will be able to interpose themselves between you and it before you can get there.

A quick look in that direction reveals that the red-haired girl has skewered Gwynnis through her abdomen. Those of you with melee training would recognize from the positioning of her hands and the metal-on-wood sound that the girl was aiming for the heart, but the spear was parried downward somewhat during its thrust.

((Between the claw rake and the lingering acidic blood on Jocelin, she takes 6 more aggravated damage. That brings her total agg. damage suffered to 21.))
Old 08-21-2009, 01:38 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

((Can I see Heather? And what disfunctional state am I now in with 21 agg of pain?))
Old 08-21-2009, 01:42 PM

Quote:
((Can I see Heather? And what disfunctional state am I now in with 21 agg of pain?))
Yes, you can see Heather. The second Garou is next to her at the moment, a few yards beyond the gate, with the second trio of insect-men taking up position between you and them.

I'll have to check what being below 0 HT in aggravated damage means, but my V:tM stuff is in the lab right now, and I'm not, so it'll be a little bit before I can give you a definite answer.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:24 PM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

"To me" Francois calls as he flies towards Gwynnis and her attacker. As soon as he is close enough, Francois will attempt to sever her red head from her shoulders.

BTW, I have my PDF on my work CPU.

At -HT Jocelyn has to make a will roll to continue fighting.

At -HT, vampires don't take more damage, however they do lose 1 blood pt for every 2 damage they would take. At zero blood they fall into torpor.

Finally, if the vampire is at -HT and suffers an aggrivated wound, he will die the final death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.

Last edited by Brother Brian; 08-21-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
"To me" Francois calls as he flies towards Gwynnis and her attacker. As soon as he is close enough, Francois will attempt to sever her red head from her shoulders.
Note that the insect-men will be able to intervene. Will François (and the others) be attempting to evade them?

Quote:
BTW, I have my PDF on my work CPU.

At -HT Jocelyn has to make a will roll to continue fighting.

At -HT, vampires don't take more damage, however they do lose 1 blood pt for every 2 damage they would take. At zero blood they fall into torpor.

Finally, if the vampire is at -HT and suffers an aggrivated wound, he will die the final death.
Thanks for posting that.

Tags
the violent welsh