CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 08-12-2009, 08:02 PM
Detritus's Avatar
Detritus Detritus is offline
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: A slough of despond
Posts: 14,681
Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
"Heather is a werewolf? Well, I always knew she was a bitch"

Jocelin draws her sword (use quickdraw for not an action), and will want to raise Celerity (or if I think I have time, raise Potence then Celerity . . . using the Potence to fuel Celerity, sure, will probably keel over in a coma when the Potence runs out, but, at that time I hopefully wont be surrounded by werewolves and bugs)
You can raise Potence, then Celerity, but the Garou hurtling towards you would have the first attack in that case. You can have Potence 5 for 10 minutes and Celerity 4 for 2 hours or Celerity 5 for 1 hour for a net cost of 8 or 10 Fatigue, respectively.

However, if you power Celerity first, you can go first. That will also limit how high you can raise your Potence, since Jocelin presently doesn't have access to the Fatigue battery. In that case, your best bet is probably Celerity 4 for 10 minutes + Potence 3 for 10 minutes, and would cost 9 Fatigue, although you would be at 6 Fatigue after power Potence, and thus incur no Fatigue-related penalties.
__________________
Hast thou seen my anointed, TEBOW?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-12-2009, 08:15 PM
Kalzazz's Avatar
Kalzazz Kalzazz is offline
King of Guinea Pig Hill
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bizarro Land
Posts: 10,878
Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Celerity 4, Potence 3 option then. Jocelin has overconfidence, so wont actually bother trying to quickdraw her sword until the things are upon her, then try an iajutsu strike

Also, everyone knows werewolves tend to regenerate, so Jocelin will be aiming for the neck

"If man lies with man as beasts lie with beasts just look what the result gets you . . . "
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-13-2009, 03:25 AM
Detritus's Avatar
Detritus Detritus is offline
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: A slough of despond
Posts: 14,681
Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default

As the Garou lunges at you, you see that its fur is replaced by a chitinous covering, similar to the insect-men yet not quite a exoskeleton. The effect is mildly unnerving, but you think your aim is true for a beheading stroke for when your foe enters the sweeping arc of your blade's reach. At the last moment, however, the Garou straightens upright, and your first swing instead leaves a diagonal gash across it abdomen.

Your foe stands head, shoulders, and chest above you. As you adjust to take a second swing at its neck, the Garou grabs you with terrible strength, exhibiting a ferocious agility scarcely to be believed of one so large. Its grasp settles on your arms just below each of your shoulders. Then the Garou pulls you to closer to it, and unleashes a blood-curdling howl in your face, the promise of your destruction writ large in the sickly green glow of its eyes.

((Jocelin's up, she passed her Fright Check, but is presently grappled.))
__________________
Hast thou seen my anointed, TEBOW?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-14-2009, 06:03 PM
Detritus's Avatar
Detritus Detritus is offline
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: A slough of despond
Posts: 14,681
Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
"Indeed Milord" responds Francois. "Though if I might say, I find it exceedingly cruel fate that I have not the time to continue discussion with you. You are, I think, the first honest person I have spoken to in centuries."
"Perhaps we will have a respite after the rescue mission to speak at further length," replies Arthur.

When you reach the base of the tower, Gwynnis and Meerlinda are waiting there. Arthur leads everyone up to the top of the tower. The tower is furnished to hold a moderate-sized garrison, although there are no weapons or armor that you see as you ascend.

Arthur moves to the eastern side of the tower and moves Excalibur around a rectangular, door-sized perimeter. He then swings... something open, and you see darkness beyond the opening. You also hear an earsplitting howl that appears to originate beyond the western side of the tower, although you don't see its source at the moment.

================

Jocelin sees a shaft of light appear from the other side of the tower. She's near the top of the tower, but not quite at its top, when it appears.
__________________
Hast thou seen my anointed, TEBOW?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-16-2009, 04:22 PM
Kalzazz's Avatar
Kalzazz Kalzazz is offline
King of Guinea Pig Hill
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bizarro Land
Posts: 10,878
Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Jocelin thinks this is absolutely not at all what she was planning, she tries to bring her legs up and kick off its chest to break free of the beasties grip
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Brother Brian's Avatar
Brother Brian Brother Brian is offline
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: I got nowhere else to go.
Posts: 16,529
Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Looking at Gwynnis, Francois inquires "Once more into the breech then?"
__________________
Brother Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-16-2009, 07:42 PM
Detritus's Avatar
Detritus Detritus is offline
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: A slough of despond
Posts: 14,681
Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
Jocelin thinks this is absolutely not at all what she was planning, she tries to bring her legs up and kick off its chest to break free of the beasties grip
Its grip is like iron, its torso solid rock, and its arms are as long as you are tall. You can't seem to budge it at all, and the beast moves you in a crushing hug down towards its abdomen. It is bleeding a vivid orange substance that burns on contact. You see shaft of brilliant light come from the top of the tower just as the creature's blood comes into contact with you.

((Jocelin takes 7 aggravated damage.))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
Looking at Gwynnis, Francois inquires "Once more into the breech then?"
"Find your comrade and free her," the Justicar replies.

When you exit through the portal, the first thing you see is Heather and a red-haired girl about Jocelin's age and holding a spear floating up the side of the tower. Gwynnis says, "You!" when she sees the pair. "Go!" the Justicar commands, urging François and Leo to find Jocelin with a vague gesture away from herself.

Upon further survey of the situation, you find Jocelin in the grasp of a monstrous man-wolf beast whose eyes glow a sickly green. Their heads are about level with each other, but Jocelin's legs are getting smeared through some sort of bright orange liquid coming from the creature's abdomen, which sports a rapidly healing wound. A second man-wolf beast heads upward, accompanied by half a dozen bizarre insect-men who have 6 limbs and an exoskeleton but seem capable of walking on their hind legs, if necessary.

((Assuming François draws his weapon as he steps out...))

Meerlinda grasps François's rapier for a moment, and its appearance changes, taking on an even more silvery sheen than normal.
__________________
Hast thou seen my anointed, TEBOW?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-17-2009, 10:23 AM
Brother Brian's Avatar
Brother Brian Brother Brian is offline
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: I got nowhere else to go.
Posts: 16,529
Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default

"Hello there Fido", Francois calls to the wolf who is engaged with Jocelyn; "I hate to interrupt your hug, but I came here for a fight. Care to indulge me?" With that he flings himself with the previously activated celerity towards the wolf man.
__________________
Brother Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-17-2009, 11:08 AM
Huxley
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Leo flies directly at the wolf-man holding Jocelin. While Francois distracts, Leo will attempt to pull Jocelin out of the grip in order to pull her back into the tower.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-18-2009, 02:26 AM
Detritus's Avatar
Detritus Detritus is offline
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: A slough of despond
Posts: 14,681
Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Right when you both charge toward the Garou grappling with Jocelin, you sense a blur of motion behind you. Then the sounds of metal striking wood and metal piercing flesh follow in order swiftly thereafter. The Justicar then gives a wordless shout of pain.

François closes the gap an instant earlier than Leo, and the point of his blade finds purchase in the creature's exposed right side. It takes most of his effort to pierce the beast's carapace, but he does draw some more of its vivid orange blood. The Garou turns towards the source of his injury and manages to barely elude the second thrust from François.

Between the dodging and turning, Leo's grasp finds the werewolf's left arm instead of Jocelin. Heaving with all his might, he manages to wrench the Garou's left hand off of Jocelin, although in the process it does leave shallows furrows in her clothing and flesh. Jocelin's right arm is free.

((François's action was a move/attack/attack combo, with the move taking the place of one of the additional attacks he's normally entitled to with Celerity 5 active. Jocelin took a smidgen more of aggravated damage when Leo managed to get one of her arms free, but I'm going to wait until after she and her grappler go before toting up the damage she's taken.))
__________________
Hast thou seen my anointed, TEBOW?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
the violent welsh

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright on all original post text belongs to the poster.