CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 08-02-2009, 06:25 AM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Anderson View Post
"Garou don't think like we do. i've got a touch of a beastial mind. As i understand it, they have five minds onlyone of which is truly human. Let's hope our prisoner knows the sort of offer Drake made to them."
"I don't understand," says Dee Dee. "Anneke's never mentioned anything about a loss of mental faculties while in wolf form, at least not to me."

"There is the Gangrel Atavism, the regression towards the bestial state," says Rebekka. "That occurs only after Frenzy. It is unclear whether the same happens to the Garou after they Frenzy, though it is for certain that they do have episodes similar to the Kindred in that regard. I suspect that they retain their current mental faculties regardless of their form when not in Frenzy, however."

The Prince pauses for a moment. "Then you have decided to be part of the interrogation, Jack?"
Old 08-02-2009, 12:09 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all

"There is a beast within all of us. Gangrel Beasts tend to be more animal. And the pull is a bit stronger when you actually are in animal form. But then we are trained to resist the Beast. Garou embrace theirs, but I don't think they can truly become one with it."

"Legend is that Gangrel lineage traces back to Lillith, who is mother to all Garou, and she infused the spirits of animals into our souls."

"In each of their forms, the call of that animal spirit differs as it gets closer to the body it is most comfortable with, so each body has a somewhat different mind."
Old 08-02-2009, 08:39 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

"Maybe we'll learn more about these particular Garou by watching them," says Dee Dee, "although there is a limit to what we can learn remotely. We'll have to get closer to them at some point, I say. I should go back to the watch. I'll be in the hallway." The Sheriff moves to excuse herself and leave when Camille returns.

"Roman will be here shortly," she says.

"Will you conduct your watch from inside the room?" Rebekka asks of Dee Dee, who stops just short of the door and then turns around to face the room again. "While we are waiting for Roman, we can talk about Al." Dee Dee's eyes had shut for a few seconds, and then they pop open briefly after the Prince mentions Al's name before closing again.

"His condition is critical but stable as of about a half hour ago. The police have taken statements from certain hospital staff members present at the attack in the hospital. I'm sure they've got something on the events of the shooting, too, but Al hasn't been coherent enough to give his own statement."

"I am still unclear as to why he ever made it to the hospital in the first place," says the Prince. "Surely you must have realized that a grenade explosion would have initiated an investigation that can hit much too close to home." The Sheriff's face darkens as Rebekka speaks, but Dee Dee doesn't open her eyes until she replies.

"I would have given him the Embrace on the spot, Majesty, but Walsh's archon seemed to have a different view of the situation. He seemed to feel that you might have had an objection to my intended course of action."

"You must have known that I would not have had one."

"Yes, I did, but it was unclear how public opinion would fall on the matter at the time." The Sheriff's dark gaze falls on Jack after this statement.

"You are still an archon, and the others present were not."

"I wasn't going to throw down against half a dozen people on our side!" Rebekka arches an eyebrow at the vehemence of Dee Dee's last answer, but lets it pass without comment.

"And what do you think of the decision to allow Al to be admitted for hospital care, Jack?" the Prince asks you.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:38 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all

"Personally i'd have gotten him a private hotel room, private doctor and staff and whatever equipment necessary just because questions had to be asked in a hospital. Embracing him could probably be postponed to the point where Al could have at least been asked. Some people really resent being killed in order to save their lives."
Old 08-03-2009, 11:28 PM

Quote:
"Personally i'd have gotten him a private hotel room, private doctor and staff and whatever equipment necessary just because questions had to be asked in a hospital. Embracing him could probably be postponed to the point where Al could have at least been asked. Some people really resent being killed in order to save their lives."
"Right, what could have possibly gone wrong with that?" Dee Dee says, rolling her eyes. "He was bleeding out. Bringing the ER and the OR to him while he's in a hotel fast enough to make a difference would have been pretty risky, even if you bypass the check-in."
Old 08-04-2009, 12:24 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

"Point." Jack says.

"There are industrial and/or sports medical clinics usually found in industrial parts of towns. This Principality should see about getting one or more of them on the payroll. A place with the proper facilities for emeergencies in the back room, a staff that doesn't ask questions and ah special treatment facilities for our particular needs."

"Added benefit: the place may well be made more defensible than your typical public hospital. As long as we take our wounded to places like a hospital, scumfucks like the Sabbat have a distinct advantage over us."
Old 08-05-2009, 06:28 AM

Quote:
"Point." Jack says.

"There are industrial and/or sports medical clinics usually found in industrial parts of towns. This Principality should see about getting one or more of them on the payroll. A place with the proper facilities for emeergencies in the back room, a staff that doesn't ask questions and ah special treatment facilities for our particular needs."

"Added benefit: the place may well be made more defensible than your typical public hospital. As long as we take our wounded to places like a hospital, scumfucks like the Sabbat have a distinct advantage over us."
"We'll keep it mind," says Rebekka. Dee Dee's eyes snap shut.

"They're moving," she says. Everyone watches the Sheriff as she continues her closed-eyes concentration. "Looks like they're headed east, even further away from the city. I'm going into the hallway to watch. We need to decide soon if we're going to pursue, and if so, who goes."

"We need to learn more about the Garou, if possible," replies Rebekka. Dee Dee acknowledges the statement with a single nod and then leaves the room. The Toreador and Camille discuss likely venues for hosting the upcoming Conclave while you wait for Roman to arrive. He appears about 10 minutes after Dee Dee let herself out.

"You wished to see me," he says, adding a belated, "my Prince," after a flicker of an eyelid from Rebekka. Camille seems to be intently studying the carpet.

"We have reliable reports that there are Garou in the city, and that they are allied with the Sabbat. Anything you can tell us about the Garou and their society would be helpful, but anything in particular about what sort of Garou might place themselves in league with the Sabbat would be especially informative."

"I am unsure that a humble Gangrel that prefers the Barrens to the city can take up where Tremere lore fails." Camille's scandalized tutting turns into a gasp as Rebekka rushes by her in a blur. In one instant Roman is standing on the floor, and the next finds him pinned to the wall, feet a good 18 inches off the ground, held in place by the Prince's grasp around his throat.

"I have been told," the Prince says, her voice silk wrapped around steel, "that Gangrel are closer to their Beasts than other Kindred, but presently I have neither the time nor the inclination to engage in petty dominance games. You will tell me what I need to know because I am your Prince, and your information may prove vital to the defense of the city."

Roman struggles against Rebekka's grip, and she responds by tightening her grasp. Her hand glows a dull orange and Roman screams, a strangled cry that makes everyone in the room wince, but she continues speaking in the same level voice.

"I will have it from your lips, or the last thing you will remember is the sensation of my ripping what I need to know from your mind before I scatter the ashes of your shriveled corpse to the four winds. You may test my resolve on this matter at your leisure. I assure you, the vaunted Gangrel hardiness that they no doubt learn in the Barrens is no match for the arcane might that is the foundation of Tremere lore." A second orange glow punctuates the statement, and a second scream from Roman, before the Prince drops him to the floor.

Rebekka resumes her place in the room as Roman struggles to his feet. Livid burns on his neck are obvious to all who look at him.

"I begin to see why my predecessor limited his contact with those from outside his clan. I leave the manner of the telling to you," the Prince says to Roman, "but I will know."

((This post will be a two-parter, the conclusion to come some time later today, most likely.))
Old 08-05-2009, 07:54 PM

Camille's eyes are now closed, and Kallista reaches a hand up to her neck and begins rubbing. Ramiel and Radeyah both surreptitiously edge away from Rebekka, neither looking at Roman at all as they move. Dee Dee's head pops back into the room. She surveys the scene before her, and then speaks to Roman.

"You sassed the Prince, didn't you? Don't do that, not now, else she might really lose her temper. I don't think I can control her when she flies off the handle." She smirks after finishing this statement. Rebekka's lips compress but her look instructs the Sheriff to proceed.

"Maybe you should give your report to me," she says, and she reaches out to lay a steadying hand on one of Roman's shoulders.

"I don't think I know all that much more than anyone else here," Roman begins, still a trifle unsteady. "Garou society has a tribal structure, and the tribes are somewhat similar to our clans. There are two clans I can think of that might have some analog to our Caitiff and Sabbat. The Bone Gnawers spend time in cities, much more than most other tribes, and are a clan of misfits, but they are still accepted, although sometimes grudgingly, within Garou society."

He pauses and gives the Prince a quick look, but the expression on Rebekka's face doesn't alter in the slightest.

"Then there are the Black Spiral Dancers. Where the other Garou revere nature, even the Bone Gnawers, in their own way, other Garou term the Black Spiral Dancers as agents of the Wyrm. We as Kindred fall into this category as well, in the eyes of the Garou. Their Wyrm is the agent of decay and destruction. I cannot see why they would think things so," and he eyes Rebekka darkly. The Prince makes no effort to hide the predatory smile that crosses her lips.

"So it is these Black Spiral Dancers that you suspect would ally themselves with the Sabbat?" Dee Dee asks. Roman nods in affirmation.

"Thank you, Roman," says Rebekka. "Questions? Impressions?"
Old 08-06-2009, 02:23 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

"Assuming these guys are Spirals, it's about par for the course." Jack says "'Evil recognizes Evil'. of course the Sabbat would find and ally with werewolves who've fallen to the level of the Sabbat."

"Whatever Drake has offered to them is a price i doubt we could match. Buying them off doesn't seem an option."

"Roman. Do ou have any conacts at present among the Garou? I think they might have heard something about these guys, particularly if they are Spirals. See if you can find out anything from them about the new arrivals."

"Right now, I think we should assume the worst and they are Spiral Dancers. In which case we should do what we can to kill them before they can help Drake."
Old 08-07-2009, 08:29 AM

Quote:
"Roman. Do ou have any conacts at present among the Garou? I think they might have heard something about these guys, particularly if they are Spirals. See if you can find out anything from them about the new arrivals."
"I know some people who know some people," Roman replies. "It might take more than one night before I can get in touch with someone who knows what's going on." Roman makes to draw breath to continue speaking when Dee Dee gasps.

"Two of them vanished," she says. "They just turned and then faded away." All eyes move to Roman.

"It is called stepping sideways," he says, a bit reluctantly. "It is how the Garou enter the Umbra, as they call it. What we would call the astral plane. Except, I think they enter physically."

"And they come out wherever they want?" asks Rebekka.

"Yes, I think so."

"The prisoner," says Rebekka, just as Dee Dee says, "The Justicar."

"Toreador with the Sheriff, everyone else with me," the Prince orders. The two groups head towards their respective charges.

When you reach the prisoner's room, the other Tremere are busy working on warding the room, but there is no sign of Garou. A minute or so later Dee Dee enters, and reports that all is quiet around the ward.

"The others are still around the ward downstairs," Dee Dee says. "I wonder what I just saw, if it wasn't a move on one of the targets here."

"It could be a recovery operation for the confederate of Miss Drake's that was lost in the astral plane," says Rebekka.

"Maybe," replies the Sheriff. "We're still left with what to do about them. We have to learn more."

"Agreed. But reconnaissance first, yes?," says the Prince. "We don't know the extent of the Garou forces arrayed against us yet."

"Reconnaissance first. Once Roman has made his inquiries, I'd like to bring him along." Rebekka looks to Camille, who looks to Roman, who shrugs his assent.

"And Muaziz, I think," Rebekka says. "What about you Jack, you have the same choice before you that was there earlier this evening. The field, or the interrogation room?"