CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:48 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Evening Council (Jack, Tues. 4/3/07)

Your evening begins in earnest as those attending Crusher's audience with Rebekka convene in the same bedroom where you recovered from the wounds the Assamite gave you in your first confrontation with her. Sarah and Muaziz are there with you before anyone else arrives. Rebekka tells you all that Jocelin's misfortune and the recovery mission are not yet common knowledge, and that it would be best to keep things that way until after Crusher has left the room.

A few minutes later Dee Dee walks into the room, holding a goblet which she gives to Rebekka. The Sheriff leans over, her countenance grim, to whisper some words in the Prince's ear, prompting a flicker of an eyebrow before Rebekka can smooth her face again. Then the members of Mr. Johnson's brood precede Crusher's entry into the room. Thomas and Merill are with them, and enter after Crusher and the Toreador, as do Camille and Sabine.

"This must be brief. We will do this tonight, and then once more tomorrow night," says Rebekka, handing the goblet to Crusher. He looks at it for a moment, then resigns himself to swallow its contents.

"Tonight you may hunt with other members of your clan," says the Prince. Uma, Yuri, and Antoinette enter the room, followed by Anneke, who smiles too sweetly at Crusher. She has replaced the sunglasses her sire borrowed from her last night.

"Chaperones," Crusher says dully. "How long will they be coming along?"

"Only long enough to ensure that you won't choke while you feed," Anneke says, a feral grin appearing on her lips. Rebekka makes a suppressive motion in Anneke's direction, but her voice is even harder when she speaks, and mirthless.

"We assure you, if you find this halter unsatisfactory, you will find the next one we fashion even less accommodating." The Prince holds out her hand without taking her eyes from Crusher, and suddenly a stake nearly the length of her forearm appears in her hand. She shifts it until she holds it near the point, and hands the other end to Anneke, who pockets it inside her jacket with an insolent grin.

"You may leave us."

After the Prince speaks, Anneke moves to the door, and opens it, waving her arm to signal for the Brujah to exit. Crusher purses his lips for a moment, then shrugs his shoulders and turns to leave. The other Brujah follow, and Anneke puckers her lips at Uma when she exits, prompting the Brujah to mutter "Goddammit" as she leaves the room.

Rebekka's lips compress briefly after Anneke shuts the door behind her, and then she says, "I need to update the Justicar on what Dee Dee has found. I shall return shortly." The Prince signals for Sarah to follow her and Dee Dee. Muaziz shakes her head once they've left.

"You disagree with the Prince's judgment in this matter?" asks Camille.

"He has to be a plant," replies Muaziz. "I don't know what Rebekka is playing at."

"He claims to be an agent of Don Cruez. Gwynnis seemed to take him at his word for that," says Ramiel.

"Yes, and I suspect that Rebekka follows a course set by the Justicar in this matter," Camille adds.

"Justicars are not infallible," replies Muaziz, with a somewhat queer look for Jack. Camille squints fractionally at the Tremere archon for an instant, then shifts her gaze to you as well.

"You've spent as much time in the field with Crusher as anyone here, Jack," says Camille, "perhaps more than anyone present. What do you think of the man, and our Dear Leader's judgment?"
Old 07-30-2009, 01:23 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all

I think he's a very dangerous man. I don't think he's a plant. Terrible waste of his usefulness to play him that way. Like using a Clydesdale to haul trash."

"But, what makes you question Grammama's decision?"
Old 07-30-2009, 06:17 AM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

"Whoever gave the order, Prince or Justicar," Muaziz says, emphasizing Gwynnis's title, "they're committing an awful lot of resources for what? A crash rehabilitation? Forcible transfer of an archon's Regnant? Even casting the motive in the best possible light, it's a great deal of effort for a chancy payoff. Two Justicars and agents of at least two more, and maybe three, have come to the city in the past week. New Orleans is a powder keg, yet one of those Archons and three of the city's Brujah are acting as glorified babysitters."

"This would be the last night of direct supervision, based on the Prince's words," says Merill. "His entourage has already diminished significantly between last night and tonight. No doubt Jack's assessment of Crusher's capabilities is reasonable. The potential payoff balances the risk, I would say."

"I'm inclined to agree," says Camille. "He can be put down tomorrow, if it comes to that, but my guess is it won't. Careless and unlucky he might have been, but not duplicitous. I'm not entirely sure he has the wits for it, to be perfectly honest." A grimace of distaste crosses Camille's features.

"He seemed sly enough last night," Thomas says, eyes twinkling. Camille puckers her mouth like she has just bitten into a lemon, and Thomas bursts out laughing. His mirth is cut short when Dee Dee storms into the room. Her eyes narrow when she looks at Thomas, and then she makes a visible effort to rein in her temper.

"We're going to be hitting the ground running when the Prince returns. There's a lot to talk about." Dee Dee's statement brings a halt to the conversation until Rebekka returns around a minute later.

"Will you report what you have found, Sheriff?"

"There are Garou in the city. They're in league with Samantha in some way."

"How many?" asks Muaziz.

"Four that I saw, but I have to believe there are others."

"And they're only showing up now?" asks Radeyah. "Why now?"

"If we're lucky, it's because the partnership just formed," replies Dee Dee, "but it's pretty dicey to rely on luck."

"Their presence complicates matters regardless of the reason behind their appearance. But we can make some guesses. As soon as Sarah returns, take her, Merill, and Thomas with you, and raise a ward versus Garou in the prisoner's room," Rebekka tells Muaziz. Sarah appears as soon as Rebekka finishes speaking.

"And what about the parlor?" asks Muaziz.

"The Councilor will understand what needs to be done to protect those inside the dome there. You can check for yourself if it will set your mind at ease." Muaziz raises her hands as if to say "no offense" and leads the others assigned to warding the Assamite's room out of the meeting.

"Do either of you have any contacts amongst the Garou?" Rebekka asks you and Camille.

"I don't, but Roman might. I'll give him a call right now." Camille steps outside the room to make her call.

"And you, Jack?"

((Answer whatever seems appropriate for Jack's background, although Jack being BFFs with any werewolves probably ain't gonna fly...))
Old 07-30-2009, 06:28 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all

Jack shakes his head. "Kindred who can become wolves have been known to pass among the Garou. Not exactly a lot of were Gorillas out this way."
Old 07-30-2009, 09:36 PM

"We'll just have to see what Camille can turn up, then," says Rebekka.

"How long are we going to be keeping an eye on Crusher, Sire?" asks Muaziz.

"I will make that decision later tonight. It would be advantageous to have someone of his capability to help with the incursion of Garou that we face. But, if he seems unreliable, we will have to deal with him another way." Muaziz nods, apparently satisfied with Rebekka's answer.

"How are we dealing with the Garou?" asks Dee Dee.

"I don't think we have all the information yet," replies Rebekka. "Remote watching might be best for now, unless Camille turns up something useful amongst her clanmates that would facilitate some kind of personal reconnaissance."

"The prisoner might know something," says Dee Dee. "We should start the interrogations soon."

"We need to organize our manpower," says Rebekka. She turns to Jack. "You have some claim both on the prisoner and those who remain at large. Would you prefer to be part of the interrogation, or the surveillance?"
Old 07-31-2009, 02:14 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

"Any idea on what sort of Garou we're dealing with here?"
Old 07-31-2009, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Anderson View Post
"Any idea on what sort of Garou we're dealing with here?"
"Not much beyond that they are unusual, if they have seen fit to ally themselves with Kindred of any stripe," replies Rebekka. A little smile appears on her lips. "That was the reason we asked without offering any information of our own, because we have so little."
Old 07-31-2009, 09:25 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

"No names, let alone police records etc. I suppose." Jack ask.

"The sort of garou who'd work with the Sabbat tend to be debt payers. They have some obligation to fulfill and have to work with those licks. Might be that the Sabbat did something nice for them though that runs contrary to the way the Sabbat operates. They get their kicks out of eschewing humanity."

"Might be extortion though what would get a pack of werewolves to come to a city under the orders of vampires is beyond me."

"Or it might just be they lost a bet. There are garou who are just as messed up as Malks and they may just be honoring the bet they made."

"That last one has some possibilities. Just have to come up with a bet they can't resist or win. They leave if they lose."
Old 08-01-2009, 05:34 AM

"Is this all speculation? Secondhand information, perhaps?" asks Rebekka.

"We've got to start the profile somehow," says Dee Dee. "The Sabbat are outcasts, though no doubt they don't see themselves in that light. Maybe their Garou partners are outcasts from werewolf society."

"Can you get close enough to find out more?" Rebekka asks, and though her gaze starts upon Dee Dee, it shifts around the room as she poses her question.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:23 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

"Garou don't think like we do. i've got a touch of a beastial mind. As i understand it, they have five minds onlyone of which is truly human. Let's hope our prisoner knows the sort of offer Drake made to them."