CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 08-05-2009, 06:00 PM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Francois looks at himself in surprise. Gone is the denim and leather, grim as the world he awoke to.

No he stands every inch the man he was, Francois Petit, Captain of the King's Musketeers! Atop his flowing locks sits a plumed leather hat. His jacket is made of fine blue velvet, the billowing cuffed sleeves lined with silver frogging, with the fleur d' lies emblazoned on his chest. Over this, a cape.

His leggings are barely visable between the coat and the knee high leather boots; shoes of a man who spends his life on horseback.

Hanging from his belt is an ammo pouch and flint lock pistol, on his left side the hilt of an ornately carved rapier is clear.

A smile plays at his lips as he asks in wonder, "By what wizardry has this come to pass?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Huxley

Leo stands upright, tall and thin. His hair is dark and slicked back, long but purposefully cut to appear short. He wears burgundy shoes and a matching belt with beige brown slacks that sit at his "natural" waistline. His shirt white with bold burgundy pinstripes and long sleeved, with white gold cuff-links. The dark brown tie is thin, mildly wider than the pin stripes, and has a rectangular end. He has a blazer on that matches his pants, and a bowler hat in his hand of the same color. In his other hand he carries a cane made of cherry wood.

His face has many flat planes, giving a harsh look to him, except his eyes are somewhat effeminate: oval shaped complimented with long eyelashes.

Leo blinks in surprise, and blinks again at blinking. He looks at his hands, then looks for a mirror, all the while attempting to but failing at keeping his stoic demeanor.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:25 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
A smile plays at his lips as he asks in wonder, "By what wizardry has this come to pass?"
"It is none of my doing," Meerlinda says. Perhaps surprisingly, her garb has not changed at all, although you do see an apple blossom above her left ear. A slow grin breaks the calmness of her placid face, and she conjures a body-length mirror with stand for those of you who wish to inspect your transformations in greater detail.

"We stand outside time, in a place not of earth," intones Gwynnis, though she shares the Councilor's smile as she does so. "The passage of time does not touch this place as it does in the material world. The effect on Kindred seems to be that they revert physically to the times of their breathing days, which explains how we appear now. If you ask how, I must confess ignorance on that point.

"Once it was possible, for those who knew how, to step directly from our world to this realm, but now the journey is somewhat more arduous. And fraught with peril, if undertaken without a guide. This is what Jocelin faces."

The Justicar extends the sword forward, holding the flat of its blade on both of her upturned palms.

"She who possesses Caledfwlch and knows the words to cross the veil may do so, and bring those with her across the veil as well. Caledfwlch, which was Latinized to Caliburnus, and which then was Romanticized to Escalibor, and Anglicized to Excalibur. I am its keeper, and have been for nearly a millennium and a half, but even I cannot wield as it must be wielded in order to effect Jocelin's rescue. But we have come to the resting place of one who can wield it thus."
Old 08-05-2009, 10:44 PM
Huxley

Leo stares at himself in amazement while half listening to the words of the Justicar. He occasionally glances at the fact that the sun exists, but is mostly focused on himself.

"I.. uh...", he stops briefly as he adjusts to his smooth baritone voice, "...apologize for my surprise", turning to the group to get himself back in the moment of the mission.

"Who is it that we seek?"
Old 08-06-2009, 09:20 AM

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huxley View Post
Leo stares at himself in amazement while half listening to the words of the Justicar. He occasionally glances at the fact that the sun exists, but is mostly focused on himself.

"I.. uh...", he stops briefly as he adjusts to his smooth baritone voice, "...apologize for my surprise", turning to the group to get himself back in the moment of the mission.

"Who is it that we seek?"
Francois asks gently, "Is it not obvious? In Le Mort d' Arthur it is said that only Arthur Pendragon; the once and future king, is the master of Excalibur. If I understand the Justicar correctly, she is but it's steward. She intends to return it to the king this night, to thus lead us into the heart of Avalon."

Turning to Gwynnis, he asks "Is this correct?"

Quote:
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Quote:
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:55 AM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Francois asks gently, "Is it not obvious? In Le Mort d' Arthur it is said that only Arthur Pendragon; the once and future king, is the master of Excalibur. If I understand the Justicar correctly, she is but it's steward. She intends to return it to the king this night, to thus lead us into the heart of Avalon."

Turning to Gwynnis, he asks "Is this correct?"
"Your surmise about the identity of the gatekeeper is indeed correct, François. And now the keymistress must go to him. Will you come with me?"

Gwynnis heads towards the cathedral-ish structure, passing by an orchard on the way. She stops and plucks an apple out of the tree, and suddenly a coy smile plays on her lips.

"Would you care for an apple?" she says, thrusting it in the general direction of the men. "They are quite refreshing."
Old 08-07-2009, 04:28 PM
Huxley

Leo places his bowler on his head and accepts the offered fruit.

"I'm afraid it was not obvious to me in the least. One would think, after vampirism, that one would necessarily adopt Cartesian doubt -- apparently I still have assumptions to work through"

Leo begins eating the apple. There is a jaunt in his step as he observes the Cathedral and the sun.

"I have to admit, I could get used to this"
Old 08-07-2009, 04:57 PM

Francois smiles coyly at Leo.

An even older book speaks of a man accepting a gift of fruit from a woman. "

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-07-2009, 05:30 PM

**Placeholder here for François's response, as he will also receive the offer of an apple. The women will have their own apples as well.**

When you bite into the apple, its taste is an ideal blend of sweet and tart. It does seem to have an invigorating effect on you as you eat.

"Yes, it is an agreeable situation," Gwynnis says, "but there will be a price to pay when we return to the mortal coil. There always is." She lets out a sigh, and her smile turns wistful. "Alas, Avalon."

When you reach the cathedral, you see that it's a shrine to the Sky Father, and the Earth Mother. The architecture is somewhat primitive, but soothing. There are murals that depict both sunny and stormy skies within the shrine, as well as the cycle of life and death in nature. Gwynnis studies them and guides you to avoid the death side of the mural, and then touches Excalibur to the sunny-muraled side of the shrine.

A soft glow suffuses the mural, growing brighter until it becomes almost painful in its brilliance, forcing you to your knees. At the peak of its radiance, a silhouette appears, and then a man, fair of skin and hair, lithe but well-muscled, and arrayed in white leather armor and golden mail, steps out. His voice is deep and commanding, but his words are gentle, and you notice his head is unadorned.

"Please rise," he says, and as you do, you notice Gwynnis and Meerlinda rising from deep curtsies. When you do, you see that he would be accounted of average height. For the moment, he only has eyes for Gwynnis.

"Gwenhwyfar, my wife, your presence brings me joy as always." His gaze remains on Gwynnis's face a few moments. "And you've brought guests, two of whom I do not recognize."

"Leolin Friskin, François Petit, may I introduce you to Artur Paendrag, whom you have heard of as Arthur Pendragon."

Last edited by Detritus; 03-05-2010 at 03:28 AM.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Francois smiles coyly at Leo.

An even older book speaks of a man accepting a gift of fruit from a woman. "
Will François accept the offer of an apple?