CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 08-02-2009, 06:13 AM
Detritus's Avatar
Detritus Detritus is offline
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: A slough of despond
Posts: 14,681
Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huxley View Post
"Will either Auspex or Obfuscate work in the deep Umbra?"

If so, Leo will activate Obfuscate 4, Potence 4, and Auspex 1. If not, then only Potence 4.
"They will, in addition to functioning in the Near Umbra, where the first portion of the journey will occur."

Quote:
"You state that you have little experience with Garou. I have none. You recommend biting as a best option to those untrained with swords?"
"Claw and fang will suffice in a pinch, if you have no other form of combat training."
__________________
Hast thou seen my anointed, TEBOW?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-03-2009, 04:08 PM
Huxley
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Leo nods and gingerly drinks the vitae offered, activating each discipline after drinking in turn.

"I am now ready. Are you, Francois?"
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-03-2009, 04:41 PM
Brother Brian's Avatar
Brother Brian Brother Brian is offline
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: I got nowhere else to go.
Posts: 16,529
Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Francois drops his head and a stereotypical Brujah snarl hits his face as he fires blood to activate his potence and celerity, at full just in case there's something on the other side of the veil. He drinks his box wine to top off the tank.

"Indeed. Let us go."
__________________
Brother Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-03-2009, 11:52 PM
Detritus's Avatar
Detritus Detritus is offline
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: A slough of despond
Posts: 14,681
Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default

A reminder -- François is still down 4 aggravated damage. He might want to heal 3 of that for 5 vitae before he leaves. The last agg. damage woud cost the full 5 vitae to heal, so perhaps not such an attractive option at this point, but I'll throw it out there for your consideration.

Also, the "at full" for François's Celerity and Potence, is that at his normal max. level for each, or level 5 for both, or other? Celerity 5 (+10 Move, +2.5 to Basic Speed, +2 attacks) would last 1 hour for François, Potence 5 (+10 ST) would last 10 minutes. Potence 4 (+6 ST) would last 30 minutes, and Potence 3 (+4 ST), which is his normal max. level, would last an hour.

The planned travel time to Glastonbury Tor is a few minutes shy of half an hour. The danger would not necessarily subside upon reaching the destination, however.

Now that I'm writing it out, it occurs to me that Leo also has the option of activating Potence 5 for a duration of 1 hour, if he wishes, although the 2 hour duration with Potence also has its merits, hypothetically speaking...
__________________
Hast thou seen my anointed, TEBOW?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-04-2009, 09:14 AM
Brother Brian's Avatar
Brother Brian Brother Brian is offline
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: I got nowhere else to go.
Posts: 16,529
Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Thanks for the reminder. With the boxes of vitae available, would I be able to heal all the agg, and still reclaim the vitae?

As for what I meant by max, Celerity +5 and Potence +3 to maximize the duration.
__________________
Brother Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-04-2009, 02:54 PM
Huxley
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Leo is a "Just-in-case" sort of individual, so I'll stick to Potence 4.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-05-2009, 06:40 AM
Detritus's Avatar
Detritus Detritus is offline
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: A slough of despond
Posts: 14,681
Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
Thanks for the reminder. With the boxes of vitae available, would I be able to heal all the agg, and still reclaim the vitae?

As for what I meant by max, Celerity +5 and Potence +3 to maximize the duration.
You can heal three out of the four and replenish yourself with the blood wine, and that is including powering Celerity 5, Potence 3, and Auspex 5 with vitae (the Fatigue battery services are temporarily unavailable due to Gywnnis coming along for this journey). There would actually be two Blood Points left over with these expenditures. Healing agg. damage is an all-or-nothing proposition, so even if you have only 1 or 2 agg., it still costs 5 BP to heal that.

Leo would have five Blood Points from the wine boxes left over if he powered Auspex 1 & 5, Obfuscate 4, and Potence 4 by blood wine.

It was mentioned up-thread, but the blood wine, once ingested, all evaporates at sunrise. It is good for buffing and healing, but doesn't obviate the need to hunt in the slightest. Everyone will be down 5 Blood Points (and possibly more in the cases of the elders going along for the journey) because of the activation of Auspex 5 needed for astral projection.
__________________
Hast thou seen my anointed, TEBOW?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-05-2009, 06:58 AM
Detritus's Avatar
Detritus Detritus is offline
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: A slough of despond
Posts: 14,681
Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default

As you make your preparations for the journey abroad, Gwynnis seals the ward once again, and Meerlinda comes up next to it and places both her hands upon it. After about a minute or so of concentration, the color of the ward shifts subtly.

Once everyone is in astral form:

Your awareness transfers to the astral plane, and you see the short length of the silver cords extending from your spirit bodies to the material ones you'll be leaving behind in the ward.

"We are now proof against incursion from Garou," Meerlinda says, perhaps catching you off guard as she reclaims use of her as yet unhealed tongue.

"You do have some control over your form here in the astral plane that you lack in the material world," says Gwynnis, and her blue eyes are in their sockets, as bright and clear as they ever were.

"Your blade," says Meerlinda, and she hands François a conjured rapier. "It will last the duration of our sojourn."

"Shall we?" Gwynnis says, and she holds her right arm up for François to take with his left. You notice that the Justicar does not have her blade, but after an inquiring look she says, "I will be able to call it to hand when I need it."

Meerlinda spots Leo instantly and pats her left arm before beckoning Leo and come and take hold of it. The Councilor and Justicar then entwine their free arms before you leave.

"Are we all ready?" Gwynnis asks.
__________________
Hast thou seen my anointed, TEBOW?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-05-2009, 09:34 AM
Brother Brian's Avatar
Brother Brian Brother Brian is offline
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: I got nowhere else to go.
Posts: 16,529
Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default

"Indeed milady, let us proceed forthwith to reclaim my fallen clanswoman."
__________________
Brother Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-05-2009, 05:41 PM
Detritus's Avatar
Detritus Detritus is offline
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: A slough of despond
Posts: 14,681
Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Once you've all locked arms, you rise slowly out of the ward, and above the house. Unlike last night, you don't see anyone in the immediate vicinity.

"Hold on tight," Gwynnis says with a little smile, and you all suddenly dart in a northeasterly direction. You speed even faster than any of your movements during last night's engagement. The Atlantic Ocean races beneath you, the moonlight playing off the rippling waves, which swell and recede as a moon one night past full rises from its position about midway to its apex in New Orleans and then descends until it is near the western horizon as you approach the British Isles. You see no evidence of impending sunrise despite how far east you've traveled.

As you arrive to Somerset, you see a rolling country speckled with apple orchards throughout. When the Tor comes into sight, Gwynnis points out a couple of features of the city of Glastonbury. It is evidently a tourist attraction, and a small resort encloses some ruins, including those of an abbey and a cathedral complete with a lady chapel. The Tor itself is also enclosed in the resort grounds, and the ruins of a tower lie atop it.

You alight a few steps above the base of the tor. Gwynnis looks back west at the moon, and then up to the sky.

"It is time," she says, and then she closes her eyes and makes a grasping motion with her right hand. Her fingers close around the hilt of her sword. She walks a few more steps up the slope of the hill, and with her back to the rest of you begins speaking in ritualized tones.

"A line, as the unending horizon," she says, and she traces a horizontal line in front of her with the point of her sword as far as she can without moving.

"A curve, as the rolling hillside." She traces a semicircle with diameter about one third the length of the line, which forms the diameter, and centered between the ends of the line.

"A point, as a falling apple." Gwynnis grounds the point of her sword just above the horizontal line, about halfway between its left edge and the intersection of the line and the semicircle.

"A ray, as the rising sun." Starting at the intersection of line and semicircle to her right, Gwynnis draws another line, almost straight upwards but slanting somewhat further to her right. When her sword leaves the ground, the eastern sky is suddenly lit by sunlight, and a sliver of the Sun peeps out from above the horizon. And yet, the light does not burn, nor do you feel fear at the appearance of the Sun.

You turn to Gwynnis, still facing away from you, and her appearance has changed. Her clothes have changed from the black suit and pastel shirt she wore in New Orleans (think of a Don Johnson from Miami Vice sort of look, except with a black suit instead of white) to a flowing white robe, nearly a gown, and her shoulder-length hair now reaches to the small of her back. When she turns to face you again, you see an apple blossom in her hair, just above her right ear.

"Be welcome to Ynys yr Afalon," she says formally, the point of Caledfwlch grounded before her, both her hands on its hilt. When you look around, you see that you are surrounded by water, and that the resort is gone, and the ruins restored, although they are not exactly what they were on the other side.

((OK, this is where Leo resumes his mortal appearance. François would also be garbed as he was in his breathing days. Both of which you are free to describe as you see fit before we proceed, if you wish.))
__________________
Hast thou seen my anointed, TEBOW?

Last edited by Detritus; 08-05-2009 at 09:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright on all original post text belongs to the poster.