CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 07-29-2009, 05:03 AM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Upon the Slopes of Glastonbury Tor (Leo/François, Tues. 4/3/07)

You both wake to the sound of Gwynnis opening another portal into the ward. Rebekka, Sarah, and Dee Dee stand outside.

"Will you require anything before your journey?" asks Rebekka.

"As much vitae as you can spare," replies Gwynnis. "We should enter the astral plane as well prepared as we can be."

"We had been saving some for the purposes of creating a cadre of ghouls amongst the National Guard here, but I think we can spare it now. Certain exigencies have presented themselves."

"Oh? Such as?"

"Garou," says Dee Dee. "Samantha looks to have werewolf allies, based on watching her last night and just after sunset." The Sheriff's eyes drift to Gwynnis's sword for a moment.

"I see. You will have to manage them as best as you can."

"If Samantha knows where this place is, then so do they," comes the Sheriff's reply. "I suspect even they would pay attention to the bite of Caledfwlch."

"That is out of the question. The astral mission cannot proceed if I don't have Caledfwlch on my person. Carnwennan will have to be fang enough in any engagements with the Garou."

"As you say, Sire," Dee Dee says a bit stiffly. "I will await you upstairs, my Prince." The Sheriff's strides are somewhat more vigorous than necessary as she leaves the room.

"Crusher has come and gone. We fed him another few swallows of the mingled blood we prepared yesterday. There will be an evening council once I return upstairs."

"Proceed with caution there, too, Rebekka. I find his story about losing track of his Regnant's vitae exceedingly difficult to credit."

"We cannot spare much in the way of babysitters now, elder. Perhaps none, though I have set a watch on him nonetheless, with the threat of the Garou looming."

"No doubt that was part of the intent behind the timing of their appearance."

"You are suggesting the stake, then?" Gwynnis thinks this over for a moment.

"The Piercing Gaze, I should think. You should be the one to do it. See how strongly he resists, now and in the coming days. A second swallow should make him more malleable."

Rebekka's gaze flicks to Meerlinda's, her expression plain in her agreement.

"I suppose that would be best," Rebekka says with a sigh, "but it will have to wait until he returns from the hunt with Anneke and his clan mates. I will have Sarah gather some vitae for you." The Prince follows Dee Dee's steps, her exit calmer than the Sheriff's.

((Feel free to interject any input on any of the subjects in this discussion before answering the Justicar's question, given below.))

"We should fortify ourselves before the journey. Any such efforts will carry over to the astral plane. Do you have any questions before we proceed?"

Last edited by Detritus; 07-30-2009 at 12:43 AM. Reason: cleaned up some timing inconsistencies with the Evening Council thread.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:28 AM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Francois quietly observes the exchange, playing the obedient leutenant to Gwynis.

When the justicar speaks Francois quitely shakes his head. "Nay Justicar, lead on."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:18 AM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

"I intend to make the journey rapidly, in order to time our arrival with the approaching sunrise in Somerset. We shall have to join hands during the astral transit."

Sarah returns with 8 Franzia wine boxes floating next to her in a 2 x 2 x 2 cube shape.

"Eight boxes, eighty nights' worth of vitae," says Sarah. "I hope this is enough for your needs, Justicar. Councilor."

"It should. Thank you."

"Be sure to drink after each expenditure of vitae. The Thaumaturgical vitae will not last the night once imbibed, but you may use it to fuel Disciplines before your own vitae."

"Thank you, understood." Sarah lingers at the opening in the ward, her eyes moving from Gwynnis to Jocelin to Meerlinda.

"There is something else," says Gwynnis, not unkindly. "Ask your question."

"How are you going to get her back? What little I know of the outer planes suggests it would take weeks, even months, to find someone who has a broken cord."

"There are places where this search can be expedited. We will pass the veil of Glastonbury Tor and open a door at one such place. Jocelin needs simply to walk through the door, or, failing that, we will retrieve her ourselves."

"I understand, I think. Thank you, elder," says Sarah. She casts one last look at Jocelin and says, "Go into the light, Carol Anne," before heading back upstairs.

"Shall we ready ourselves for departure?" Gwynnis says. Meerlinda comes over to hand Gwynnis two boxes of the wine-blood, and then takes two herself.

((You've got 20 Blood Points to play with, but you'll have to burn some blood at the outset for your first power-up before you can avail yourself of your blood supply. Gwynnis will find a use for any you have left over, should it come to that. Gwynnis is going to be cranking up her Celerity, Potence, and Fortitude to use on herself, FYI, so none of that is available to you.))
Old 07-30-2009, 09:13 AM

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Walking over to the boxes of vitae, Francois speaks. "Pardon me milord Justicar, but did I mishear? We are to arrive at sunrise?"

Quote:
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Quote:
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
Walking over to the boxes of vitae, Francois speaks. "Pardon me milord Justicar, but did I mishear? We are to arrive at sunrise?"
"Yes. The Sun does not show itself on the astral plane, but local sunrise is the best time to arrive, for reasons that will become apparent once we are there."
Old 07-31-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
"Yes. The Sun does not show itself on the astral plane, but local sunrise is the best time to arrive, for reasons that will become apparent once we are there."
Francois almost, but not quite, hides any trace of dubiousness in his voice. "Very well, milord. How am I best to prepare myself for the journey?"

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-31-2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
Francois almost, but not quite, hides any trace of dubiousness in his voice. "Very well, milord. How am I best to prepare myself for the journey?"
"Garou are able to enter the astral plane, even more easily than Kindred skilled at Auspex. A physical confrontation is a possibility, if they've allied themselves with Miss Drake."
Old 07-31-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
"Garou are able to enter the astral plane, even more easily than Kindred skilled at Auspex. A physical confrontation is a possibility, if they've allied themselves with Miss Drake."
Francois nods.

I noted yesterday that my arms did not travel with me, yet I gathered from your conversations that your sword will. I have but little experiance with Fenrir's get, enough to know that fighting them tooth and claw is...at best...a difficult situation. How may I bring, it possible my sidearms, and if not, my blade?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-01-2009, 05:40 AM

Meerlinda moves next to Gwynnis and places a hand on the Justicar's forearm. Gwynnis looks in her direction for a brief time then turns back towards you.

"The Councilor's conjury will function as well in the astral plane as it does in this world. She can fashion a silver blade to your specifications once we have all crossed to the other side."
Old 08-01-2009, 06:56 PM
Huxley

"Will either Auspex or Obfuscate work in the deep Umbra?"

If so, Leo will activate Obfuscate 4, Potence 4, and Auspex 1. If not, then only Potence 4.

"You state that you have little experience with Garou. I have none. You recommend biting as a best option to those untrained with swords?"