CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 07-18-2009, 04:01 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
Jocelin tries to leap up and pluck it from the air, by the hilt not the blade
You jump out of the altercation with the insect men for a moment, and it almost feels like you're using The Force to reach up and pluck your spinning sword by its hilt. Once it's in your grasp, you feel it thrumming with muted power. The insect men move to pursue you, evidently heedless of your new armament.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:18 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

Jocelin beams at the insect men, then hurls herself at them blade flashing, "Deus Lo Volt!"
Old 07-19-2009, 06:48 AM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Jocelin beams at the insect men, then hurls herself at them blade flashing, "Deus Lo Volt!"
Another of the insect men pukes in your general direction, but does not manage to hit you.

((There are three insect men next to you and five in a row beyond them right now. I take it you'll be making a full set of attacks, but if there's anything else you're thinking of doing, let me know.))
Old 07-19-2009, 03:33 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

((Yep, that is the plan))
Old 07-20-2009, 12:27 AM

Quote:
((Yep, that is the plan))
OK, their exoskeletons are reasonably tough to penetrate even with sword in hand, but you do manage to slice one to ribbons, though it takes all three attacks, and cut one of the arms off another when you parry its blow.

Some of the insect men in the second arc begin to float upwards a bit. Will Jocelin be continuing with the full-on engagement tactics?
Old 07-20-2009, 12:39 AM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Jocelin now thinks perhaps different tactics are in order since these things are quite resilient, and will switch her aim toward ankles/feet and try to share the wealth of her attacks among multiple targets, hoping to slow some of them down so as to discourage getting swamped

((Also if her katana has higher reach than these things claws, definitely take Step and Attack to open range a bit))
Old 07-20-2009, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Jocelin now thinks perhaps different tactics are in order since these things are quite resilient, and will switch her aim toward ankles/feet and try to share the wealth of her attacks among multiple targets, hoping to slow some of them down so as to discourage getting swamped

((Also if her katana has higher reach than these things claws, definitely take Step and Attack to open range a bit))
You have similar reach with your katana as the bugfolk do with their bug-arms.

With long up-and-down sweeps, you manage to sever all the arms of the two active bugmen nearest to you. They begin to move back to allow others who are uninjured to engage you.

One of the ones who began floating upwards uncorks a load of bilious insectile vomit that you can't quite manage to avoid. It stings like a mofo (doing 4 points of aggravated damage), but you think it would have been much worse without the blessing of Fortitude from your link with Gwynnis.

The current tally is one bugman destroyed, two who are now armless (but still have their legs), three who are floating a few hexes above you, and two more who have just stepped into melee range.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:28 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

((I thought I was trying to target ankles/feet?))
Old 07-20-2009, 11:13 PM

Quote:
((I thought I was trying to target ankles/feet?))
Right, I messed that up. I thought the targets were arms and feet.

However, part of the mess-up arose because I had internalized the fact that this battle is happening in mid-air, and that the insect people were flying/floating, albeit without wings, much like Jocelin. This may have not been clear from the write-up, especially given that they were described as approaching at walking speed, but the battle is taking place like 50 miles above the (Deep Umbral) Alaskan coastline.

I'll give you the choice as to whether you want the four legs or eight arms cut off, or any combination that trades one leg for two arms.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:34 AM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

First shot is definitely a leg. If that seems to have a salutary effect (for Jocelin, not the bugs) proceed with that plan, otherwise switch to lopping off arms