CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:47 AM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
Try to get a bit closer than I am currently
If you gesture at them from a distance of several hundred yards, not much will change. They'll continue advancing at walking speed, clicking and clacking all the while.

As they draw closer, you notice that all the arms (but not the feet) end in rather long talons, and that they all have chitinous exoskeletons.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:01 AM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

Walk to meet them then, they arent being stealthy and are walking rather than charging, so will be willing to get near
Old 07-17-2009, 06:25 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Walk to meet them then, they arent being stealthy and are walking rather than charging, so will be willing to get near
OK, you close to within conversational distance. For a few seconds, the insect things just click and clack away with each other, then they leader opens its mandibles and vomits forth a rather putrid-looking stream of... stuff at you. Your quick reflexes allow you to evade the stream fairly easily. Then the others behind the leader begin to raise their four arms, and start swinging their in your general direction...
Old 07-17-2009, 06:28 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

((Do I still have my powers up?))
Old 07-17-2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:
((Do I still have my powers up?))
As far as you can tell, yes. That was part of what let you dodge the vomit stream so easily, for example.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:39 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Jocelin first looks rather shocked these things dont like her when they seemed friendly before, then grins showing her fangs and slides into a karate stance, "Baka . . . I have not had a good day, and now you, who do not even know me, have chosen suicide which is a sin rather than being nice little mazoku!"

((And going to dash in and attack, focus on using punches since dont have any really nifty techniques for karate and low skill))
Old 07-17-2009, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Jocelin first looks rather shocked these things dont like her when they seemed friendly before, then grins showing her fangs and slides into a karate stance, "Baka . . . I have not had a good day, and now you, who do not even know me, have chosen suicide which is a sin rather than being nice little mazoku!"

((And going to dash in and attack, focus on using punches since dont have any really nifty techniques for karate and low skill))
Standby, and hold that thought...
Old 07-17-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
Standby, and hold that thought...
Actually, let's do one round of this in hand-to-hand:

Jocelin whizzes in and lands three solid blows, but the insectile carapaces are extremely hard, and you're not sure if you really did much in the way of damage to your targets, even with your enhanced strength.

Meanwhile, you manage to dodge a few talon attack, and several others simply miss outright. Then you start to hear a silvery chime...

((And, now we standby for a bit...))
Old 07-17-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
Then you start to hear a silvery chime...
The chime grows louder, and then suddenly, miracle of miracles, you see your katana spinning above you, just out of reach. St. Anthony must have answered your prayer! The blade spins quite fast, yet it seems that all you have to do is reach up to take it.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:26 AM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Jocelin tries to leap up and pluck it from the air, by the hilt not the blade