CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:17 AM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to start by ramping up my senses with auspex, (reading auras), and then start a consistantly growing spiral around the building, moving up and down to catch all the floors. Once the building is clear, I'll move outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:35 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Anderson View Post
So the options are to either sit around and hope something significant eventually occurs or try and push things. If the blade is not in contact with the spit woman, and we are in an ICU, it's likely the blade had to be surgically separated from her. If she's still in the same room as it, that's likely to be very temporary. Someone may take the knife or it may be left in a drawer. Drawer looks too likely.

He will make the effort. Even if it can't be seen, it is presumably in direct contact with the blade and Jack is also in direct contact with the blade as well. Let's see if Transitivity applies.

Source of the blood tainting Carnwennan Source of the blood tainting Carnwennan Source of the blood tainting Carnwennan Source of the blood tainting Carnwennan
((I'm assuming you haven't activated any Auspex yet.))

Your vantage point shifts, at walking speed, until you're near the other bed in the room. The vitals for this patient seem to be steady at first, but after several seconds the blood pressure starts to drop slowly.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:42 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
I'm going to start by ramping up my senses with auspex, (reading auras), and then start a consistantly growing spiral around the building, moving up and down to catch all the floors. Once the building is clear, I'll move outside.
Almost as soon as you start your spiral, you see two auras, located about a foot directly above the top of the ward. One is a pale light blue, with perhaps shade of violet mixed in, indicating someone almost perfectly calm with a hint of the excitement of expectation/anticipation included. The other is mostly a swirl of blue and green, still pale, but in deeper/darker shades than in the first aura, indicating someone who is concentrating hard but also wary about whatever is about to come. Neither of the auras' owners are visible to you at the moment.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:19 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post

Your vantage point shifts, at walking speed, until you're near the other bed in the room. The vitals for this patient seem to be steady at first, but after several seconds the blood pressure starts to drop slowly.
Who's the patient? Anyone recognizable?
Old 06-17-2009, 09:26 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all

Quote:
I'm not sure why you'd make that assumption. In post #16, Jack was looking for auras and didn't find any. Have to use Auspex to see Auras, I believe.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:26 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure why you'd make that assumption. In post #16, Jack was looking for auras and didn't find any. Have to use Auspex to see Auras, I believe.
I make that assumption because the wording in Post 16 is ambiguous. It can be read as, "I'm turning on Auspex," but it can also be read as, "Why should bother turning on Auspex?" Given a certain amount of in-character friction between Jack and Gwynnis (which is fine, that's not a problem), it wasn't crystal clear to me that you were intending on following her advice, and I mistook your intent.

==================

Now, with Aura Reading active, this is what you see:

Both patients have rapidly swirling colors in their auras, indicating dreaming. Maybe there's a hint more orange than any other color, which would indicate fear.

There is a third aura, paler than the other two, which is green with flecks of brown and black veins that is between the two beds. It's concentration tinged with bitterness, and the veins indicate a diabolist as well.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:03 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

Quote:
I make that assumption because the wording in Post 16 is ambiguous. It can be read as, "I'm turning on Auspex," but it can also be read as, "Why should bother turning on Auspex?" Given a certain amount of in-character friction between Jack and Gwynnis (which is fine, that's not a problem), it wasn't crystal clear to me that you were intending on following her advice, and I mistook your intent.

==================

Now, with Aura Reading active, this is what you see:

Both patients have rapidly swirling colors in their auras, indicating dreaming. Maybe there's a hint more orange than any other color, which would indicate fear.

There is a third aura, paler than the other two, which is green with flecks of brown and black veins that is between the two beds. It's concentration tinged with bitterness, and the veins indicate a diabolist as well.
"We have 3 count 'em Three auras. Can't see who is producing them. Two strong, one pale. The strong ones are a bit orange and swirling, dreamish. The pale one is both bitter and a diabolist." Jack says aloud.

"Would Drake be a light diabolist or a neon sign type diabolist?
Old 06-18-2009, 09:16 AM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Almost as soon as you start your spiral, you see two auras, located about a foot directly above the top of the ward. One is a pale light blue, with perhaps shade of violet mixed in, indicating someone almost perfectly calm with a hint of the excitement of expectation/anticipation included. The other is mostly a swirl of blue and green, still pale, but in deeper/darker shades than in the first aura, indicating someone who is concentrating hard but also wary about whatever is about to come. Neither of the auras' owners are visible to you at the moment.
I move closer to try to try and ID them. "Gwynnis", Francois thinks, "I've got two unknowns at the top of the ward. I'm moving in to to identify. Leo, Muaziz, Jocelin, be ready if this goes tits up."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
"We have 3 count 'em Three auras. Can't see who is producing them. Two strong, one pale. The strong ones are a bit orange and swirling, dreamish. The pale one is both bitter and a diabolist." Jack says aloud.

"Would Drake be a light diabolist or a neon sign type diabolist?
((Note, two of the auras are coming from the patients lying abed.))

"Kindred auras are always more pale than those of mortals," comes the reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
I move closer to try to try and ID them. "Gwynnis", Francois thinks, "I've got two unknowns at the top of the ward. I'm moving in to to identify. Leo, Muaziz, Jocelin, be ready if this goes tits up."
"Acknowledged," replies the Justicar.

For both of you: "Now that you've acquired an aura, try enhancing your mundane senses."

================

Once you've enhanced senses, this is what you see:

Jack: Sees this woman.

François: Sees her, and the him that is the first entry in this post (i.e., not Sarah). The woman is stunningly beautiful, and the man is a trifle paunchy. The man is the one who has the aura full of concentration.

For the moment, François seems not to have been spotted. (Jack is going to be surpassingly difficult to spot, since it's just his second sight there, instead of an astral projection.)
Old 06-19-2009, 10:20 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

((Was I able to flit through a wall?))