CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:36 PM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Francois nods. "Then as primogen of clan Brujah in the city, I am duty bound to go."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:11 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
Francois mulls the choices for a moment, scratching at his chin as he does so.

"Who remains in New Orleans?" he asks. "For while I desire to assist my clan mate, we must be sure not to risk everything to do it."
"Drake, Lucian and your good ol' buddy remain at large." Jack says. "Until and unless they're stopped they're going to be on a rampage. Help your clan mate Francois. I'll do what I can to keep this place safe."
Old 07-24-2009, 12:04 AM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

"That division is probably for the best," replies Gwynnis after hearing François and Jack's input. Something in her voice suggests that there might have been a twinkle in her eyes, had she any remaining.

"The next sunrise in England is the best time to approach Glastonbury Tor. That sets our departure for shortly after sunset in New Orleans. As I will soon be overspent, I wish to retire for the evening."

The Justicar opens her right hand, and as she closes it she grasps the hilt of a knife.

"The sword must remain on my person tomorrow, but the knife has served its purpose tonight." Gwynnis deftly turns the knife so that she holds it by the blade, and exchanges it for her sword. "If you find another suitable target, lose it as you did last time."

"The others are back," Dee Dee says when Rebekka and Sarah return, although they don't seem to have anything new on their persons. Meerlinda guides Gwynnis near to the ward, and the Justicar makes an opening this time.

"We thought it would be best to sequester our guest, and to do what needs to be done when she is isolated. Have you determined who will be going with you?"

"Yes, Leo and François will be going, and Jack will remain to help with those proximate threats still at large. Those of us heading to the astral plane will leave as soon as we all waken after the next sunset."

"Very good," replies Rebekka, and then the Assamite's staked body rises off the ground and floats out the hole in the ward. "Those of you who will be remaining in the city, would you please come with me?"

"The Councilor and I will be remaining within the confines of the ward," Gwynnis says to François and Leo once everyone else has left. "You are welcome to remain within as well, but I would ask that you decide quickly. I do not mean to open another portal in the ward before sunrise, once this last has been closed."

((OOC -- The Justicar turns into a pumpkin in about 20 minutes, when her multiple expenditures of Potence wear off. If there's stuff you need to be doing that lasts longer than that, you'll need to arrange for a stay in another room (or building), although I can't think of anything pressing that needs doing that lasts longer than that time frame.))
Old 07-24-2009, 02:42 PM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

"I will remain Milady, so as to not unduely delay our depature."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:04 AM
Huxley

Leo sits cross-legged on the floor. "I will wait as well"
Old 07-27-2009, 12:54 AM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default François/Leo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huxley View Post
Leo sits cross-legged on the floor. "I will wait as well"
Gwynnis closes the portal in the ward after hearing that Leo has chosen to remain. Meerlinda then touches the ward, and after several seconds it becomes opaque once again. The Justicar and the Councilor sit down a few feet away from Jocelin.

"Pleasant dreams," says Gwynnis, and then she lies down and is out cold in a matter of seconds, her sword lying lengthwise atop her body. Meerlinda crosses her legs and closes her eyes, and then after several seconds her eyes open an instant before a smaller dome encloses the two elders by themselves. She leans until back and shoulders are braced against the curve of this smaller ward, and then she too is fast asleep.

((Leo and François are free to converse amongst themselves if there's anything left for them to discuss tonight, but I'll be starting up a new thread for them pretty soon. I'll leave this one stickied for a little while after the new one starts.))
Old 07-27-2009, 01:55 AM

Default Jack...

You're in a moderate-sized third-floor bedroom with the staked Assamite, Rebekka, Sarah, Dee Dee, and Muaziz. Rebekka had been on the phone with Camille for about a minute or so, with instructions to bring some of the vitae left with her for Crusher's feeding needs. Muaziz and Sarah have just finished draining the Assamite of her blood, which seems to fill a bucket by the Assamite's bed from out of nowhere, when Camille enters the bedroom.

"Is this wise, my Prince?" Camille asks in a plainly dubious tone. "Surely there is no need to supply her with blood before her interrogation."

"We will only provide her with enough to offset the effects of the passage of the nights," replies Rebekka. "While she sleeps. That is enough to serve our purposes." The Prince produces a small stoppered vial, removes the stop, and then a trickle of vitae from the supply Camille brought with her fountains into the vial. She hands the vial to Muaziz, who then leaves the room.

Camille spreads her hands in an "if you say so" sort of gesture. "Roman and Erich are with Mr. Johnson's Get and Thomas and Merill to help keep an eye on Crusher. Should we send over Yuri or Uma to give him one face from the home team to look at?" Rebekka shakes her head in negation.

"Not tonight. In fact, I think our Sheriff should pay him a call, and spend the night there, too. He'll have to settle for pretty, if unsympathetic, faces." A quick look between Rebekka and Camille reveals that the Prince had divined one of the reasons that Camille asked for Uma's transfer to Crusher detail.

"I'll go as soon as I arrange for the Justicar's aircraft to retrieve Bonnie." Dee Dee pauses for a moment, then says, "I still think we should Embrace Al, my Prince."

"It cannot be tonight, not after the attack there. I am sure that Anneke and Sabine will be able to stabilize the situation for one night. Sabine will have to keep an eye on the situation going forward.

"Bring Crusher to me first thing tomorrow night. All the Toreador should be there. And you, Camille. The Brujah will have to be kept away until after this audience."

"I've got to lose the dagger again, if the opportunity arises," says Dee Dee. "I have to keep an eye on Samantha and friends to manufacture that chance."

"You'll have to fit that in as you can for now. We can have Yuri be with Thomas and Merill when Crusher is done with his audience. We can plan what to do about Samantha, and Al, after that. Jack should be there for that meeting, and that suggests his place is here when Crusher appears, too."

Dee Dee nods and leaves the room without another word. Rebekka looks around inquiringly for anyone with something more to say...
Old 07-28-2009, 12:20 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all

"So it does." Jack says.