CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 06-03-2009, 01:43 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all

"It's not like we're not getting dumped on as is... What's a little intrusion or an elder vampire on our immortal souls?" Jack says. "But if that eye starts to itch, I'm going to be pissed off."
Old 06-03-2009, 04:46 AM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Rebekka stoops to remove a censer from the box on the dropcloth as soon as Jack gives his answer, and gets some incense burning within it in short order.

"The eye will cause no physical discomfort," Meerlinda says. "Although, it is not proof against, how do you say? Psychosomatic disorders?"

"Neither will it improve your judgment," Gwynnis says wryly, somehow managing to look down her nose at Jack despite being several inches shorter than him. To the whole group she then says, "I am given to understand that there are... some avenues of improvement for you to pursue in this area."

While the Justicar speaks, Rebekka has begun censing the circle, starting in the east and moving towards the southern compass point. Sarah has picked up the aspergillum and begins making her way to the eastern compass point. Muaziz struggles with removing the sword from the scabbard, at which point Anneke and Dee Dee come over.

"Allow us," the Sheriff says, and her brood mate grips the scabbard while she takes the hilt and removes the sword smoothly from its sheathe. She proffers the sword hilt to the Tremere archon with a bow and a murmured "Dominus Vobiscum." The Councilor raises an eyebrow, but the Justicar's childer do not subside until they receive a frown from their Sire.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:02 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Gwynnis and her childer retreat to the northwestern portion of the twine circle. When Rebekka is heading from the western compass point to the northern, Meerlinda recites the following:

Dominus reget me et nihil mihi deerit

In loco pascuae ibi me conlocavit super aquam refectionis educavit me

Animam meam convertit deduxit me super semitas iustitiae propter nomen suum

Nam et si ambulavero in medio umbrae mortis non timebo mala quoniam tu mecum es virga tua et baculus tuus ipsa me consolata sunt

Parasti in conspectu meo mensam adversus eos qui tribulant me inpinguasti in oleo caput meum et calix meus inebrians quam praeclarus est

Et misericordia tua subsequitur me omnibus diebus vitae meae et ut inhabitem in domo Domini in longitudinem dierum

Rebekka has completed her circuit and begins censing everyone within the circle, beginning with Muaziz, continuing to the four of you, and then on to the Toreador. She censes Meerlinda next-to-last, and then hands the Councilor the censer to be censed herself. Sarah, following the path Rebekka took around the circle, is just finishing asperging the circle at this time, and Rebekka takes the censer from Meerlinda to cense Sarah.

Muaziz starts her circuit in the east, and a ribbon of light about six inches tall issues from the sword, pointed downward at the twine, the bottom of the strip of light touching the floor. The sword still looks to handle a bit sluggishly in her hands. She draws the eyes of the Justicar's childer with her as she moves, and you think you might see Dee Dee's eyes glazing a bit, although Gwynnis herself does not seem to be paying any particular attention to her.

"Once the third circuit is complete, we four Tremere will invoke the quarters and raise the ward. Then the ritual will begin, though at first it will be just the Justicar and myself who need do anything."

((We're into another narration-heavy section here, no response is necessary for now, although you certainly can respond as you see fit here. François is the only one of the PCs who hasn't seen anything like this yet, the other PCs saw it last week in-game, or at least a close variant of this particular ward-raising.))
Old 06-03-2009, 06:48 PM

The Tremere invoke the archangels and their elements: In order, Rebekka (Raphael, Air), Muaziz (Michael, Fire), Sarah (Water, Gabriel), and Meerlinda (Earth, Uriel). Each of them puts a little bit of their blood in a small chrome-colored bowl. Rebekka's blood mingles with incense, Muaziz lights the droplets of her blood on fire, and Sarah uses the aspergillum to rinse her blood in the bowl. Meerlinda shears a lock of her hair off and wipes the blood off her palm with it, and then and drops in the bowl.

Once this is done, Sarah recites, "We stand outside time, in a place not of earth. Let us regard the ancient ways. We shall not walk this path again."

And then Meerlinda: "By Fire, Water, Earth, and Air are we now met. Selah. So be it." She raises her arms and a shimmering, opaque dome of energy rises above you, shielding the other not in the circle from your view.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:30 PM

Gwynnis takes the scabbard and girds Dee Dee with it. The Sheriff's face is blank while this occurs. Muaziz takes the sword, which had been lying flat near the southern edge of the dropcloth, and cuts a doorway-sized opening in it that opens upwards away from the dome, reminiscent of the doors to a DeLorean. She still labors to move the sword in making the cut.

The Tremere archon then holds the sword before her and offers back to Dee Dee, addressing her as "Door Warden." The Sheriff takes the sword and twirls it once in a lazy circle before sheathing it with a bit more force than is strictly necessary. She then exits the dome, stepping over the foot-high rim between the floor and the opening's bottom as she does.

"I will remain, thank you," you hear Anneke say, a hint of challenge in her voice. Meerlinda and Rebekka exchange looks with each other, and then with Gwynnis.

"It would not disrupt the procedure," Rebekka says. Meerlinda looks back and forth between Sire and Get, and finally nods acquiescence. Anneke releases a breath she seems to have been unaware she had drawn.

"Do you have your cubes, childe?" Meerlinda asks of Sarah, who gives a start at being addressed. She reaches into a deep pants pocket and produce her Crown Royal bag, then rummages around until she can dig out a small container that holds four black cubes and four white cubes, all marked as dice. Meerlinda eyes the set askance for a moment before taking them with a shrug.

"For everyone's protection, I shall now ward myself and the Justicar separately. Do not be alarmed at anything that occurs in the next while. It is all part of the ritual."
Old 06-03-2009, 08:19 PM

Meerlinda sets a pair of black and white cubes about a foot outside southern corners of the dropcloth, and then the other pair extending to the same extent east-west, but somewhat further north of that edge of the dropcloth. It's enough room for someone to lie flat and another person to move around them. She beckons for Gwynnis to join her within the smaller perimeter defined by the cubes.

Each pair of cubes merges into a silvery oblong piece when the Councilor points at them, and then she raises her hands to form a clear, rectangular border that extends six feet in height. Gwynnis lies down, her heels just on the northern edge of the dropcloth. Meerlinda suddenly conjures a stake and pierces the Justicar's sternum. You hear Sarah gasp, and then a wordless cry and a sort of ringing crash, and then Anneke is lying on the floor next to the smaller ward.

"That will not help, now," Rebekka says, helping Anneke up. Muaziz gives her a smug little smirk at seeing Anneke come a bit unhinged.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:42 PM

With the Justicar lying immobile before her, Meerlinda takes to hand the dagger the Tremere used to cut themselves in spilling their blood for the ward. She makes a lifting motion with it, and Gwynnis's right eye begins to bulge.

After a moment, it rises enough that the full eyeball is out of its socket, now only held in place by orbital muscles and the optic nerve. Grasping the eye with her free hand, she severs the muscles where they join the eye, and then the nerve about an inch below where it enters the eye.

Anneke buries her face in her sister's bosom, and Rebekka's gaze has taken on a steely quality. Sarah gapes openly at this surgery, and Muaziz no longer wears any hint of smugness on her slack-jawed face.

Meerlinda moves to the dropcloth and reaches for one of a stack of small silvery bowls and places the eye within it. She then repeats the procedure, excising Gwynnis's left eye and placing it in another bowl. She removes the stake and guides the Justicar in slowly sitting up, muscles and nerves dangling from out her empty eye sockets.

"We are nearly done with this segment of the ritual, dearest friend, but you must heal yourself and submit once more to the blade." Gwynnis turns her head in the direction of Meerlinda's voice and gives her a nod, and then turns her eyeless gaze in your direction for a moment, somehow seeming to be able to focus on you despite her impairment.

((I got bidness to attend, so I'll let things breathe here for a bit. The ritual posts should be finished some time this evening, I'm guessing.))
Old 06-04-2009, 01:20 AM

Gwynnis "looks" straight ahead, and you see the bud of an eye begin to sprout from her right optic nerve, which pulls inward as the bud begins to grow. The orbital muscles reach downward and anchor on the half-grown orb, pulling it into place as the eye finishes healing. The whole process replays on the left side of the Justicar's face.

"Are you ready to proceed?" Gwynnis takes a deep breath before giving Meerlinda her reply.

"I am." She takes one last look around the dome, her eyes seeming to drink in all details of the people and objects around her. "I am now," she says, and then slowly leans back to lie flat upon the floor. Meerlinda replaces the stake, once again immobilizing Gwynnis.

Anneke flinches and begins to turn away when she sees her Sire's right eye begin to twitch again, but instead breaks contact with Rebekka and wraps her arms around her torso as if to compel herself to watch what happens by main force. Each cut elicits another flinch, but she manages to watch the whole affair. Meerlinda places each of the Justicar's second pair of eyes into its own little bowl, removes the stake, and then releases the smaller ward. Rebekka and Anneke move to either side of Gwynnis to help her rise while Meerlinda gathers the bowls and sets them before you.

"Now we are come to that part of the ritual that requires vitae from each of you," says Meerlinda. "You may choose to make your own incision in your forehead or have me do it with the dagger."

((OK, I misspoke about the ritual finishing tonight, but we have gotten to the point where you may all choose who makes your incision.))
Old 06-04-2009, 01:25 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all

Jack takes the knife. "Where exactly on the forehead?"
Old 06-04-2009, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Anderson View Post
Jack takes the knife. "Where exactly on the forehead?"
Meerlinda traces a line halfway up her forehead that extends from above the center of one eye to the other.