CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 05-31-2009, 05:56 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wave of Mutilation (pre-dawn Tues. 4/3/07)

((FYI, the layout of the parlor is such that there's two doorways, one near the SE corner of the room that leads to/from the entry way, and on near the NE corner of the room. The front door to the house opens outwards to the south. The twine circle covers most of the floor. The western wall of the parlor has a fireplace around 6 feet across with a shoulder-high or so lintel.

We'll say you're all generally arrayed between Sarah, who stands near the fireplace, and Muaziz, who stands near the southern wall of the room. Ramiel and Sabine will have left the building on their various tasks in connection with keeping suspicions down about Al's hospitalization. The other Gangrel (Camille & Eric) and Brujah (Uma, Yuri, and Antoinette) NPCs watch from the entryway (Brujah) or the other doorway (Gangrel).

You can find a picture of Meerlinda here if you haven't taken a look at this image yet.))

EDIT -- Here's the last post from the previous thread, which is basically a prelude to whatever will happen in this thread.

Gwynnis and Meerlinda enter the parlor at last, the Justicar leading the way. Rebekka stands at the eastern wall, between the two doorways to the room (she was standing in the northern part of the room at the end of the last IC-thread). Sabine exits the circle, heading off to deal with Al's hospitalization as best she can. Sarah lays the ends of the twine over each other once the final two arrivals have made their way within, after Sabine's exit.

The Justicar walks across the circle, the dagger and censer drawing her eye for part of the way, until she reaches her childer, standing together as far as they can get from the doorway joining parlor and entryway and still remain in the circle. There is a brief, somewhat fractious exchange in which Gwynnis appears like nothing more than a mother dealing with rebellious teenage daughters, despite the fact she appears no older than Dee Dee, and perhaps even a few years younger than Anneke.

After watching the Toreador bicker for a few seconds, Meerlinda walks over to face Rebekka and begins the recitation of her lineage, silencing Gwynnis and her brood. She is taller than Rebekka by a good two or three inches. It is a short introduction; Meerlinda is a Tremere of the 4th generation, and her Sire is Tremere himself. Sarah's eyes goggle a bit during the introduction, but the Prince and the Tremere archon don't really react to Meerlinda's words.

"Be welcome to New Orleans, Councilor," Rebekka says, "and on behalf of all the Camarilla Kindred of the city I thank you for lending us your assistance tonight." A graceful inclination of her head is Meerlinda's only acknowledgment.

Last edited by Detritus; 05-31-2009 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Gave link to last post in prior IC thread.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:51 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Meerlinda turns away from Rebekka and scans the room, meeting the eyes of each other Kindred within the twine. Muaziz, still holding the scabbarded sword given to her by Anneke, meets the Councilor's gaze calmly. Sarah is a bit wide-eyed when her eyes meet Meerlinda's, but otherwise manages to keep hold of herself. When the Councilor's gaze reaches the Toreador, Gwynnis is calm but resolute, but her childer are tight-mouthed, and Dee Dee's eyes are hard. You imagine that Anneke's mismatched eyes share a similar quality behind her shades. Meerlinda's expression never alters as she sweeps the room with her eyes.

After this, the Councilor takes a position near the northern side of the dropcloth in the center of the room and addresses all those within the twine circle without preamble. Her voice is perhaps a shade lower than the average female voice.

"We have gathered this night to perform the Spiritlink ritual. In truth, at ritual's end there will be a link both of body and mind between Gwynnis and each of the recipients of her flesh. They who are part of the link will be able to draw on certain talents and capabilities that the Justicar possesses.

"Briefly, the ritual will proceed along the following lines. We will raise a warded circle." Meerlinda gestures towards the other three Tremere in the room with her. "Then I will remove the flesh to be donated, one whole eye for each other Kindred in the link. Each eye will have to be steeped in the blood of both donor and eventual recipient. Once that is done, I will open the link and insert each eye into its proper recipient. Are there any questions?"
Old 06-01-2009, 12:31 PM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Francois steps forward,

"You'll have to excuse me, but I am unfamiliar with", Francois pauses, searching for a word, "magic", he inserts questioningly. "What exactly will you be doing to us, and to what end?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:59 PM

((OK, this got a little info-dumpy, but please just churn through it the best you can.))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
Francois steps forward,

"You'll have to excuse me, but I am unfamiliar with", Francois pauses, searching for a word, "magic", he inserts questioningly. "What exactly will you be doing to us, and to what end?"
"Thaumaturgy, to be precise," Meerlinda says to the half-question, a little smile forming briefly on her lips. "You did not tell them?" she asks Rebekka. The Prince moves to the eastern side of the dropcloth before answering.

"I'm not completely sure what is about to happen myself, Councilor. I thought it best to wait for your explanation." Gwynnis takes a position immediately to Meerlinda's right, and her childer remain a couple steps behind and to the Justicar's right.

"Very well then, less briefly than before, the ritual will result in the formation of a bond of the spirit between the Justicar and the recipients of her flesh. Each of you will have your own separate link, but you will all be linked to Gwynnis. It is the Justicar's opinion that you are most in need of timely knowledge, and to this end, you will each receive one of her eyes. It will grant you each enhanced capabilities with Auspex as long as the link between you and the Justicar remains active."

"In your last engagement," says Gwynnis, "the Sheriff managed to send a parting gift with one of your assailants. My dagger, which I am able to locate by concentrating on it. It is... difficult to put down if you are given it without first asking for it.

"When the link is active, you will all be able to track the dagger in the same way yourselves. Ultimately, the mission is to retrieve the dagger, by destroying its bearer. In fact, it may come to pass that you will have to lose the dagger several times to various enemies, and then use the dagger as a beacon to track their whereabouts, depending on how future engagements turn out."

"In order to complete the link," says Meerlinda, "it will be necessary for me to remove one eye from the Justicar for each of the recipients. After removal of the first pair of eyes, Gwynnis will heal herself, and then I will harvest the new pair. Then each eye will be steeped in the mingled vitae of the Justicar and the eye's eventual recipient. I will perform one last act to open the link, and then insert each eye in the forehead of the appropriate recipient. Because of this, the best place to draw blood would be from each of your foreheads, so that you must only heal yourself once. You may make the incision yourself; it need only be long enough to pass the circumference of the eye."

"There will be other enhancements to your capabilities," says Gwynnis, as if she were not about to have four eyeballs cut out of her head. "In addition to Auspex, I will be able to lend other of my disciplines through the link. Your generation will be closer to Caine. There will even be a bodily link; you will be able to draw upon certain aspects of my physical and mental strength, and transfer part of the wounds you suffer to me."

"This last is true, but there is a certain amount of peril to one's Humanitas by passing wounds along in this manner," Meerlinda says. "And if the Justicar is damaged enough to be sent to torpor, or even the Final Death, all enhancements from your link with her will vanish." The faces of Gwynnis's childer behind her are full of the promise that you would not survive the Justicar long should she somehow be destroyed as a result of this passing of damage.

"Your link may also break as a result of the damage I take, unless I am able to concentrate well enough that the distraction does not disrupt the link. It is meant as a last resort. With luck, you will not need to avail yourself of this particular feature," this last said in a dry tone.

"The link will last so long as the Justicar does not heal her eyes back after completion of the ritual. Does this answer your question?"

Last edited by Detritus; 06-02-2009 at 12:38 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:14 AM

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Francois does a masterful job of not showing the abject horror he feels at the non-plussed way Meerlinda described the process, but a couple of eyebrow twitches escape none the less.

"I see. One question, will we look like the nearly extinct followers of Salot with the third eye in our forehead?"

Quote:
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Quote:
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Francois does a masterful job of not showing the abject horror he feels at the non-plussed way Meerlinda described the process, but a couple of eyebrow twitches escape none the less.

"I see. One question, will we look like the nearly extinct followers of Saulot with the third eye in our forehead?"
"No," replies Meerlinda, a hint of sharpness in her voice for that one word, "the eye will actually reside fully below the surface of the skin. While it is emblematic of its primary function, the eye does not need to be exposed to air to serve as the link's conduit, nor will it emerge in its secondary functions." Rebekka and Muaziz exchange unreadable looks during the Councilor's reply.

"It may be best not to think too carefully about where it ends up," says Gwynnis, perhaps blinking more rapidly than normal for the moment. "The overall effect should still be... salubrious." The Tremere all raise eyebrows at that word.

"They will have the right to refuse the procedure, will they not?" Rebekka asks, the direction of her gaze changing mid-question as Meerlinda looks to Gwynnis.

"Of course," replies the Justicar. "However, it also warrants mentioning, you will be able to track down your nemeses more easily, and deal with them as you see fit, if you consent to undergo the procedure. You, whose wounds still heal a week after you received them," she says to Jack.

"You, who have suffered humiliation and watched the source of that humiliation repeatedly elude your grasp," she says to Jocelin.

"You, who have lost your Regnant to the fangs of one of our enemies," she says to Leo. Gwynnis pauses, giving a questioning look to Rebekka.

"And you," the Prince says to François, "whose ancient enemy has been revealed to walk the city of New Orleans." Gwynnis nods in assent and turns back to you.

"The choice is yours to participate in the ritual or not," Gwynnis says to you all. "How do you choose?"
Old 06-02-2009, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
"No," replies Meerlinda, a hint of sharpness in her voice for that one word, "the eye will actually reside fully below the surface of the skin. While it is emblematic of its primary function, the eye does not need to be exposed to air to serve as the link's conduit, nor will it emerge in its secondary functions." Rebekka and Muaziz exchange unreadable looks during the Councilor's reply.

"It may be best not to think too carefully about where it ends up," says Gwynnis, perhaps blinking more rapidly than normal for the moment. "The overall effect should still be... salubrious." The Tremere all raise eyebrows at that word.
A hint of glee appears in Francoi's eyes at the choice of words, and he covers his mouth with the back of his hand, feigning shock, to cover a smile.

Quote:
"They will have the right to refuse the procedure, will they not?" Rebekka asks, the direction of her gaze changing mid-question as Meerlinda looks to Gwynnis.

"Of course," replies the Justicar. "However, it also warrants mentioning, you will be able to track down your nemeses more easily, and deal with them as you see fit, if you consent to undergo the procedure. You, whose wounds still heal a week after you received them," she says to Jack.

"You, who have suffered humiliation and watched the source of that humiliation repeatedly elude your grasp," she says to Jocelin.

"You, who have lost your Regnant to the fangs of one of our enemies," she says to Leo. Gwynnis pauses, giving a questioning look to Rebekka.

"And you," the Prince says to François, "whose ancient enemy has been revealed to walk the city of New Orleans." Gwynnis nods in assent and turns back to you.

"The choice is yours to participate in the ritual or not," Gwynnis says to you all. "How do you choose?"
Francois steps forward, clicking his boot heels together.

"Justicar" he says nodding at Gwinnis, "Though I am unworthy to recieve the gift you offer, I accept your gracious generosity as my need, and the need of the Camarilla is great." He pauses for a beat. "If others have concerns about the procedure, I will be an example for them."

Turning to Meerlinda, "Tell me what I am to do, revered elder."

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-02-2009, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Francois steps forward, clicking his boot heels together.

"Justicar" he says nodding at Gwinnis, "Though I am unworthy to recieve the gift you offer, I accept your gracious generosity as my need, and the need of the Camarilla is great." He pauses for a beat. "If others have concerns about the procedure, I will be an example for them."

Turning to Meerlinda, "Tell me what I am to do, revered elder."
"Will the others also consent?" Meerlinda asks. "We cannot form the ward until all the participants have expressed their desire to proceed."

((Since things are structured as in an "opt-in" format, I'll need the explicit consent of each PC before we move on.))
Old 06-02-2009, 05:59 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

"Yes, Im in"

Jocelin murmurs a prayer, then enters
Old 06-02-2009, 06:25 PM
Huxley

"I consent"