CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 05-21-2009, 05:44 PM
Huxley

Leo will return the gaze of Dee Dee without malice.

Having nothing to contribute, he shuffles inside with the rest of the group.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:56 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
"My impression", says Francois, "is that the official gendarm don't much appreciate those in private practice." He pauses, shrugging, "then again, that's mostly from fiction books, so it's not official."

He thinks for a minute, "Does anyone know of a Police Official that is especially corrupt?"
Camille and Ramiel exchange a look.

"He is gone now, Ramiel," Camille says to him. Ramiel looks at her a moment longer and then nods.

"I may have a couple of contacts in the department," he says to the room, "ones with a certain amount of... ethical flexibility, given the circumstances under which I had to cultivate them. I'm not sure it's enough to prevent an initial inquiry, but there could be some quiet erasure of records afterwards."
Old 05-22-2009, 09:09 AM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Francois nods. "Let them know that I will be happy to make a sizable contribution to support their....charitable....efforts, in exchange for their fairness in any inquirey."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:56 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

A lull in the conversation ensues, then the front door opens. Rebekka then enters the parlor, Sabine and Sarah in tow. They both carry boxes in their arms, Sabine perhaps looking a bit sulky, but maybe that's just how her face normally appears. Rebekka goes to the head of the parlor, passing by Muaziz without looking at her, but Sabine and Sarah both give the stranger wary looks. Dee Dee moves off to Rebekka's left when the Prince reaches her place.

"If you have not yet been introduced, we have a new arrival to the city, one that we have been expecting. Muaziz is of the Tremere clan, and an agent of our clan's Justicar, Ulugh Beg. While the threat of war with the Sabbat remains immanent, she will serve as the Tremere representative to the New Orleans Primogen Council, to be assisted by the once and future office holder, Sabine." Sabine's expression shifts a little, and it really does appear that she's the tiniest bit resentful of the Archon's displacement of her off the Council, however temporary.

"There will be another newcomer, one who has already landed in the city. Her name is Meerlinda. She sits on the Tremere Council of Seven and is leader of my clan in North America. She has come with Gwynnis from Dallas, and they have likely already met Anneke at the airport. I trust that everyone will extend all due courtesy to her while she remains in New Orleans."

The Prince's voice does not change, but as she pauses in her speech there is a hint of something in her eyes that promises dire consequences should things fall out any other way than she has suggested. A similar look appears on the Tremere Archon's face. Sabine looks at them both with her lips pursed while Sarah appears to be intently studying the contents of the box she holds.

"As many of you have no doubt already heard, Mr. Johnson was destroyed earlier tonight. He seems to have been the specific target of Bianca's attack, as both Radeyah and Kallista were with him. There were a number of witnesses that they were able to identify. We have managed to deal with them all, but there may be others whom neither of Mr. Johnson's companions saw out there.

"We can talk about this more later, but first, I understand there was another attack tonight. What happened?"
Old 05-22-2009, 02:05 PM

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Francois steps forward.

"A group of us went to an arms dealer to better prepare for upcoming battles. While completing our purchases, an unknown party lobbed a hand grenade into the shop. Jocelyn, showing bravery and an understanding of how grenades work, managed to deactivate it with a gun shot." (Amazingly, no sarcasm is detectable in his voice as he says this.)

In response, we moved out in seperate groups to the front and back of the shop. I can only speak to what happended in the back alley. Two anti-tribue of my clan, known by their alias' Rake and Anvil, covered the alley with shotguns. I engaged them, but took heavy fire and was unable to pursue them when they fled.

It should be noted that the one known as Rake, is in fact the Comte d' Rochette, my sire, who I have come to bring to justice. He is nobodies footsoldier, but a schemer and tactician. I missed an opportunity to wound our enemy this evening, and for that, I must apologize."

Having delivered his report, Francois steps back.

Quote:
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Quote:
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:39 PM

"Is he?" Rebekka asks in response to learning of Rake's true identity. "We shall keep that in the forefront of our thoughts."

The Prince looks around at the others she knows of who went to Al's and asks, "What of then engagement outside the storefront?"
Old 05-22-2009, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
"Is he?" Rebekka asks in response to learning of Rake's true identity. "We shall keep that in the forefront of our thoughts."

The Prince looks around at the others she knows of who went to Al's and asks, "What of then engagement outside the storefront?"
Uma speaks up:

"Once the grenade was inside the store, I went to open the door, looking to have someone throw the ordnance back outside. Didn't quite work out that way," she says, with a wry look for Jocelin. "Then Joss and I gave chase up the street. We dodged another grenade that blew up at the storefront. Jocelin hit the person throwing the grenades, but that left us distracted enough that that Assamite got up to her spitting tricks again. It wasn't all that orderly."

"Yes, it sounds as if your advance was less than optimal," replies Rebekka. "However, your engagement seems to have lasted just long enough for a key event to have occurred. The knife that the Sheriff lodged into the Assamite belongs to Gwynnis, and the Assassin will be unable to rid herself of it. The Justicar will want it back, and knows how to find it. Although, she will not be looking for it herself. That will be your job."

((The Prince looks specifically at the PCs when she says this.))
Old 05-22-2009, 04:57 PM

"Very Well" Francois says. How shall we locate this kife, and the person who unwillingly holds it?"

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-22-2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
"Very Well" Francois says. How shall we locate this kife, and the person who unwillingly holds it?"
"When the Justicar and the Councilor arrive, there will be a ritual. You will need to have some piece of the Justicar on your person, and then you will know how to find the blade yourself." Rebekka looks over to Dee Dee for a moment before continuing.

"Since it is a search mission, I believe the intent is for each of you to swallow one of Gwynnis's eyes." Dee Dee stiffens and jerks her head towards each of you, then back to the Prince. All extraneous movement ceases at this statement. "The eye will grant the gift of Auspex, and enhance it in those of you who have already learned some of that discipline. There may be other effects. I myself have not seen this one before," Rebekka finishes, and a trace of wonder creeps into her voice.

"I am also given to understand that certain elements of the ritual work best if there is a prior connection of some sort between the recipients and those whom they search for. More I cannot say, but I am sure the elders will be able to provide you with all the details you wish."
Old 05-22-2009, 09:40 PM

The room remains quiet for a bit after Rebekka's last statement. Yuri gives you a bit of a weird look, like he's already imagining you having all sprouted third eyes in the middle of your foreheads, then asks quietly: "What are we going to do about Al? He was in pretty bad shape when I left the hospital, but I think he pulls through. I think he's still in other kinds of danger, though."

Dee Dee finally perks up, snapping out of the reverie that held her after learning of her Regnant's plans upon her arrival to the house.

"I would already have him as Kindred. The hole left by Mr. Johnson's destruction requires filling. Al would have been as good a candidate as any, especially given his apparent connections with the arms trade."

"You would have Embraced him without my authorization?" Rebekka asks.

"Yes, my Prince, and then brought him to you immediately. The situation was urgent, his chances for survival uncertain."

"I see," replies Rebekka. "And who convinced you otherwise?"

Dee Dee turns her gaze to Leo and gives a flick of her head in his direction. Rebekka turns, face expectant, until she looks at him as well.