CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 05-20-2009, 04:12 PM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Francois looks at the newcomer with a look indicating she must be a moron.

"Do I think that they would do emergency surgery at night? Yes, yes I do think that. Furthermore, do I think that a man with that kind of damage will be surrounded by half the New Orleans PD by morning? Yep, and unless someone here has excessive ju-ju with the police in this town we're not going to be able to stop it."

Pausing he says, "I thought we were going to field promote him?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:53 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all

"If the medical personnel there are ah, associated with us, the report of an 'acciental shooting' won't raise many flags.' Jack says. "The question now is, how extensively did the Late Prince Johnson integrate his operation here?"
Old 05-20-2009, 04:54 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
Pausing he says, "I thought we were going to field promote him?"
"There seems to have been some disagreement about that," Dee Dee answers without taking her eyes from Leo. "Unfortunately, Rebekka has been rather busy with the damage control surrounding Mr. Johnson's destruction, so I haven't had word either way from her yet. Mr. Johnson might have had enough pull clean up anything that might have cropped up during a police visit. You know, if he were still with us and all. Maybe one of his childer still has some influence there," she adds in a doubtful voice.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:57 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

"Cant we just fax them a message from Al Quaida claiming responsibility? Everyone would believe that"

Antoinette will interject: "That's a very good idea, for me to poop on!" immediately after Jocelin suggests this.

Last edited by Detritus; 05-20-2009 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Edited in an NPC response.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:24 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
"Cant we just fax them a message from Al Quaida claiming responsibility? Everyone would believe that"
A look crosses Dee Dee's face like she thinks she's surrounded by idiots.

"We want to draw less attention to ourselves, not more," the Sheriff says. "If a claim like that somehow got traced back to one of us, that would be a serious problem."

She smooths her expression, then looks at Muaziz before turning to François.

"Al's already been under the knife once. I think they got the most serious threats out of his body, but they didn't get it all. He passed out on the way to the hospital and hasn't woken up yet." She stops speaking to think for a moment. "If we can keep him asleep through the day, we can deal with the cops tomorrow night."
Old 05-20-2009, 05:36 PM

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Francois stared at Jocelyn with the same look Dee Dee had.

When she speaks to him, he says, "I don't suppose we have much choice in it. We'll have to be ready to respond to any official inquiries when they happen." He looks at Jocelyn, "Repeat after me, "I invoke my right to remain silent", Francois says in a patient tone. "That is all you are to say to any police investigator."

Quote:
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Quote:
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:37 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

" . . . . uhmm, this . . . might possibly be a bad time to note I bought a gun there with my FEMA card moments before the place started blowing up, what should I say if they ask about that?"

EDIT -- Uma will reply - "You really should carry cash for those kinds of purchases." - but doesn't have any advice for Jocelin.

Last edited by Detritus; 05-20-2009 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Edited an NPC reply into the post.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:45 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
A look crosses Dee Dee's face like she thinks she's surrounded by idiots.

"We want to draw less attention to ourselves, not more," the Sheriff says. "If a claim like that somehow got traced back to one of us, that would be a serious problem."

She smooths her expression, then looks at Muaziz before turning to François.

"Al's already been under the knife once. I think they got the most serious threats out of his body, but they didn't get it all. He passed out on the way to the hospital and hasn't woken up yet." She stops speaking to think for a moment. "If we can keep him asleep through the day, we can deal with the cops tomorrow night."
"Even if it didn't get attributed to us, Homeland Security would take over this town. Could even institute a day light only curfew. And that would be annoying.' Jack said. 'Routine mundane explanations work better. Though I don't know how many more times "Rogue ex postal employees' will work.'
Old 05-20-2009, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian
When she speaks to him, he says, "I don't suppose we have much choice in it. We'll have to be ready to respond to any official inquiries when they happen."
"Yeah, yeah, we'll just have to deal with it. I'm not sure if it should be Rebekka again, like it is in the aftermath of Mr. Johnson's demise. Could get kind of suspicious," says Dee Dee. You hear the doorknob start to turn again, and then Camille, Ramiel and Erik step into the house.

"Perhaps we should all go into the parlor?" Camille says as the entryway threatens to fill to overflowing. "It will be more comfortable that way." She makes her way through the crowded entryway without looking back to see if anyone follows her. The men who arrived with her do follow, as does Dee Dee and the others who came with her.

"You wouldn't happen to have any pull with the NOPD, would you?" Dee Dee asks Ramiel once everyone's in the parlor.

"Not really," replies Ramiel, maybe a trifle reluctantly. "The police department was squarely in Mr. Johnson's sphere of influence."

"Ol' Jack there has done some private investigating in his day," says Erik. "Maybe he can work up something. Speaks their language, and all."
Old 05-21-2009, 04:58 PM

"My impression", says Francois, "is that the official gendarm don't much appreciate those in private practice." He pauses, shrugging, "then again, that's mostly from fiction books, so it's not official."

He thinks for a minute, "Does anyone know of a Police Official that is especially corrupt?"

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: