CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:14 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Eyes Have It (pre-dawn Tuesday 4/3/07)

You all get back to the house by Tulane U. a bit before 3 am. Camille actually drops off Jack and Leo and says she has a quick errand to run. The Brujah (minus Yuri) who were at Al's are also there around 3, arriving just after Jack and Leo. People will be gathering soon, but you seem to be a bit unfashionably early to the meeting.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Francois looks at the Brujah.

"Well, that was a clusterfuck", he says. "Between me going apoplectic and acting like a day old frenzied pup, and the fact we had nothing resembling a cohesive plan, it's lucky any of us walked out of there."

Turning to Uma he says, "By the way, when somebody throws a grenade through a door, the second to last thing you want to do is chase them back through the door. It's usually well covered."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:12 PM
Huxley

"It may have been better if we had simply thrown the grenade back outside" Leo offers, constructively.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:21 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huxley View Post
"It may have been better if we had simply thrown the grenade back outside" Leo offers, constructively.
"That's why I opened the door!" says Uma. "I didn't start chasing anyone until some idiot SHOT THE GRENADE and then ran up the street in the same goddamn direction that another grenade came from. What the fuck were you thinking?" she says, glaring at Jocelin.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:18 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

"Oh come on, noone shoots grenades. So they couldn't have expected it"

"And they were covering the back door not the front . . . going in the direction the grenade comes from offers the best chance of confronting the grenadiers after all . . . . . "

Jocelin looks down, "Though I really really should have paid more attention to getting the sticky paw to the face"
Old 05-20-2009, 02:27 PM

"And what if that shot had caused the grenade to explode? Did you know beforehand that it wouldn't?"

Uma draws a breath, into which Jocelin may reply.

"Also, the front was covered, or near enough. What would've happened to you if you had been the only target for that Assamite?"
Old 05-20-2009, 02:37 PM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

"ENOUGH!" Fancois roars. "None at the skirmish tonight have ANY right to cast dispersions on others." Gesturing at himself and the other Brujah, "We lived up to the worst stereotype of our clan. Had we any moment of discussion before action, we could have coordinated a successful offensive this night. Instead we rushed out, and looked like the lowliest recruits."

Francois sighs. "The fight goes not to the strong; for strength can be overcome by planning. We need remember that."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
"Oh come on, noone shoots grenades. So they couldn't have expected it"

"And they were covering the back door not the front . . . going in the direction the grenade comes from offers the best chance of confronting the grenadiers after all . . . . . "

Jocelin looks down, "Though I really really should have paid more attention to getting the sticky paw to the face"
"Did you ever consider there was a reason why no one shoots grenades?" Jack asks. "The element of surprise is useless if you kill off your own side first."

(So long as it comes after Kal's post... )

Last edited by SD Anderson; 05-20-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:37 PM

((For now we'll say everyone's just inside the front door to the house, since it hasn't really been clarified yet.))

Uma's mouth opens for an instant before she clamps her jaw shut, lapsing rather grudgingly into silence. Antoinette looks at Uma and sucks her lips back into her mouth, but does not say anything. Jocelin recognizes a hint of a pleading look in Antoinette's eyes as she looks at Uma. Uma's expression finally gains a semblance of calm, and she nods and sighs.

"You're right, that advance that would have embarrassed the Keystone Cops. We might have had to split up anyways; my guess is the ones who were covering the street would have been able to move to cover the alley if we had all come out that way, but it would have been nice to plan something out. I hope Al's OK."

The door opens just as Uma speaks that final sentence. Dee Dee and Yuri walk in, accompanied by another woman. The stranger's eyes make a quick circuit of the entryway, but her face doesn't change from its neutral expression.

"Al's in critical condition, but stable for now," Dee Dee says. "This is Muaziz, one of Ulugh Beg's agents. He's the Tremere Justicar."

"I would have like to have left a ward with him," says Muaziz. The pitch of her voice is a touch below average for a woman. "One that could have prevented Kindred from approaching him in his room, but still allowed the hospital staff to treat him. The opportunity never arose, as I wasn't allowed to stay very long."

"Yeah, but it wouldn't helped him in the OR, anyways. There's still a good bit of shrapnel inside him." Dee Dee's eyes stray over to Leo when after she says this before she looks back at Muaziz.

"Do you think they would perform that surgery at night? He is much less vulnerable during the day." Dee Dee just shrugs her shoulders.

Last edited by Detritus; 06-23-2009 at 05:54 AM. Reason: redaction to resolve continuity error
Old 05-20-2009, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Anderson View Post
"Did you ever consider there was a reason why no one shoots grenades?" Jack asks. "The element of surprise is useless if you kill off your own side first."
We'll say this comes before Uma's last set of questions, as that makes the most sense for who says what when given what everyone's said and done in the last few minutes.