CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 05-04-2009, 01:16 AM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Al's Army Apparatus (pre-dawn Tues. 4/3/07)

((The scene starts while you are still at Storyville Jazz Hall with Uma and Anneke.))

"OK, let's go then," says Uma. She takes a look at Anneke, who peers back over her shades, and a reluctance enters Uma's facial expression. She lets out a sharp sigh with some exasperation in it, and says, "I suppose I should mention now that I'm not the only Brujah in the city who knows of this place."

"Yes, that is good of you to share," replies Anneke. "Are you sure you don't want me to come along? It sounds like I should."

"I'd really rather you didn't. You're gonna give off a total narc vibe if you show up there. Besides, Black Cat was the one who showed up most often there, and it sounds like these guys put her out of commission for a while," Uma says with a wave of head in your direction. "I think the five of us can handle anything that comes up there."

"Even if Bianca shows up with several of her friends? Are you sure you'll be fine in that case?" A stubborn clench to Uma's jaw appears as Anneke speaks.

"Look, we're all Brujah, or Gangrel, or Nosferatu. We can handle ourselves if things get hot. I can call up Yuri, or Antoinette, or both, if you don't think that's enough." Uma's voice increases noticeably in volume during this last statement.

"Yours are not the only clans that know how to handle themselves when things get 'hot,' as you say. I shouldn't have to remind you of that. You of all people." Uma opens her mouth to make an angry retort and steps toward Anneke when the Toreador cuts her off.

"Don't be foolish, childe," Anneke says in a low, self-assured voice laden with authorty. "We are all on the same side here. By all accounts you are an able fighter, but if you raise a hand against me in anger, I will drub you without hesitation. Do you forget whom you address? I assure you that both the Prince and the Justicar have little patience for insubordination."

Uma stops in her tracks and visibly struggles with herself for a moment after Anneke finishes speaking. Finally she steps back and even mumbles something that might be an apology. Anneke considers Uma in silence, who clenches her jaw again but manages to hold her tongue as Anneke's study of her lengthens.

"Thank you for demonstrating some measure of control," Anneke says at last. Uma's face darkens but she remains silent. Anneke pushes her shades back up and taps their bridge while she thinks.

"You may be right about my presence, I must admit. A compromise, perhaps? Shall I send the Sheriff over? At least to be in the neighborhood? She might not raise the same suspicions that I would." Uma shakes her head in agreement as she wrestles with herself to turn her seething into a dignified silence.

"I trust there are no other objections to this plan?"
Old 05-04-2009, 10:51 AM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Francois speaks in a quiet, emotionless tone. "No objection. But I feel I should let you know that if I ever hear you speak to my sister Brujah like that again I will seperate your head from the rest of you."

He inhales deeply and continues.

"You intentionally antagonized her in the hopes of provoking a frenzied reaction, weakening the trust we need to have in you, and through you, the prince. Perhapse you could request additional lessions from Rebekka while we attend to business."

Turning to the others Francois says brightly? "Shall we go then, the night isn't getting any younger."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:54 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

Jocelin blinks a bit at Francois' speech, and moves to be over near Francois and Uma
Old 05-04-2009, 03:26 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
Francois speaks in a quiet, emotionless tone. "No objection. But I feel I should let you know that if I ever hear you speak to my sister Brujah like that again I will seperate your head from the rest of you."

He inhales deeply and continues.

"You intentionally antagonized her in the hopes of provoking a frenzied reaction, weakening the trust we need to have in you, and through you, the prince. Perhapse you could request additional lessions from Rebekka while we attend to business."
"That would be the last mistake you ever make, I fear," Anneke says, her face darkening. She turns to Uma.

"Were you planning on speaking up before leaving?" Anneke asks of Uma, who makes no reply. Turning to François, she asks, "Would you have wanted Uma's disclosure to have been kept secret? Would you trust a subordinate who kept potentially vital information from you?"

She turns when Jocelin moves over to the other Brujah. "By all means, close ranks," she says in a sardonic voice. "It will save you the trouble of having to raise your voice when you explain to them how Elysium works," she says to François.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:07 PM

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

"Is this what you wish then? To alienate clan Brujah in your hour of most desperate need? To fracture the bond of Camarilla fraternity in order to show us how sharp your teeth are? To lord your new found position and influence; at the cost of building discontent amoung your soldiers?"

Francois shakes his head. "Anneke, I question neither your motives, nor your authority. I question your means and your measures. I further request, as is my right as primogen of Clan Brujah, names so by the Prince, that any further rebukes on my clan be vetted through me; should urgency not dictate otherwise."

Quote:
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Quote:
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:10 PM

"I shall answer your questions after you have answered mine," replies Anneke. "Would you have preferred that Uma had not spoken up about the others who know of this arms dealer you are about to visit? It is plain to me that that is what would have happened without some prodding on my part. Would you trust someone who withheld such a directly relevant piece of information from you?"
Old 05-05-2009, 08:51 AM

Francois sighs.

"You really do need lessons, don't you? You recieved the answer you required before your ham fisted attempt to call Uma to the carpet and embarass her, and Clan Brujah. Which I have not objected to. You refused however, to leave the moment lone, content with your victory. You instead acted inappropriately, as I have already mentioned."

"So to be clear, yes, I appreciate knowing that there is at least some potential for conflict upon arrival with the dealer. That said, I would appreciate more knowing that the people who will lead me into battle are not actually working against me and my clan."

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-05-2009, 11:05 PM

"I will not work to undermine your clan any more than my own," replies Anneke. "I shall remind you all that the former Prince of the city now works directly under me, the constant supervision of an archon of his clan the price he must pay for his dereliction of duty in recent nights. His reward is well-earned, and he holds no hope of reclaiming his former station, even when the Justicar and her agents have all left the city.

"The Brujah clan of New Orleans stands divided, and that is none of my doing. If you wish to maintain the integrity of the chain of command in the city, Primogen, then I shall leave it to you to explain the impression that one leaves when one withholds potentially vital tactical information. We are all charged with the defense of the city, but I am the one who will ultimately have to answer for any failures. It is a position that invites... a healthy skepticism of motives and intentions from time to time, and the occasional dispensation of social niceties."

At this point Anneke's cell phone makes a chirping sound. "A new arrival to the city. I am afraid that our pleasant chat must end. We shall all do our best to undermine the foes of the Camarilla, yes?" She smiles and turns on her heel and is gone.

"That bitch," Uma says after several seconds. "I've fucking hated her since LA."
Old 05-05-2009, 11:15 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

"If we have to have someone sent along to chaperone our shopping trip its to bad she didnt pick one of the Prince's clan, they at least could check for magic items"

"And we should totally like invite Antoinette along, it will be like a big bonding experience, liberté, égalité, fraternité ou la mort right?"
Old 05-06-2009, 01:04 AM
Huxley

Leo lets the moment simmer a bit before asking, in the tone of a toad dying, "How do you know Al?"