CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 05-09-2009, 01:40 AM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
Finals time has come around again, so, should there be any delays in my posting or other inconvenience due to this, I hereby authorize Origen, Baelfyre, Haze or anyone else who wants to to control Jocelin
How long are you going to be out for? We can post something in the RPG forum to be a pinch-hitter if you want.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:10 AM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

appearance may be sporadic until the start of the week after next
Old 05-09-2009, 03:42 AM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, scopes add +1 to acc for every doubling of accuracy for aimed shots only. They also get to roll 3d6 against a breakage table every time the rifle is dropped, hit, used as a club or otherwise abused

Riflescopes come in all variety of types and flavors from cheap enough to simply hang in the aisle at WalMart to wondrous works of art by Zeiss valued in the many thousands

The 'generic' riflescope however is probably a 3-9 by 40 (3 to 9 times magnification with 40mm diameter objective lens) and costs 100-300 from the counter at WalMart depending on the brand you pick
Old 05-09-2009, 05:32 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh, scopes add +1 to acc for every doubling of accuracy for aimed shots only. They also get to roll 3d6 against a breakage table every time the rifle is dropped, hit, used as a club or otherwise abused

Riflescopes come in all variety of types and flavors from cheap enough to simply hang in the aisle at WalMart to wondrous works of art by Zeiss valued in the many thousands

The 'generic' riflescope however is probably a 3-9 by 40 (3 to 9 times magnification with 40mm diameter objective lens) and costs 100-300 from the counter at WalMart depending on the brand you pick
Let's approach it from this angle -- What quality of scope is Jocelin in the market for?
Old 05-09-2009, 08:25 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Probably Good in GURPS terms or possibly Cheap, I am sure she is priced out of the Fine/Very Fine market

And somehow I forgot to put the relevant page numbers in my last post, scopes are described on page 102-103 of High Tech (I think I recall seeing some stuff in Spec Ops and maybe Modern Firepower or Comp II as well . . . Ill try to check Modern Firepower later)
Old 05-09-2009, 11:18 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Okay, Modern Firepower

each doubling of magnification adds +1 to aimed shots
every scope above x4 adds 1 to snapshot (since makes it harder to acquire target)
Most add +1 to negate darkness penalties only, with illuminated reticles +3
Modern scopes are sturdier than in HT, get -1 to breakage table rolls

For reference btw, Modern Firepower was published 02, scopes are discussed on page 13
Old 05-09-2009, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Okay, Modern Firepower

each doubling of magnification adds +1 to aimed shots
every scope above x4 adds 1 to snapshot (since makes it harder to acquire target)
Most add +1 to negate darkness penalties only, with illuminated reticles +3
Modern scopes are sturdier than in HT, get -1 to breakage table rolls

For reference btw, Modern Firepower was published 02, scopes are discussed on page 13
I don't have that one. Can you give me a specific hardware request here, with price and stats?
Old 05-09-2009, 11:36 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...set=ISO-8859-1

Ah, something like this one (its the type I have)
3-9x50 Nikon Pro Staff (scroll down, the 3-9x50 is listed last)

Weight 1lb, Holdout -1 (Im guessing this), acc +1 to +3 (due to variable power), SS +0 or +1 (due to variable power), cost $200 (also ~$30 for the rings to mount it), +1 to negate darkness penalties (possibly +2 due to having oversized objective which helps at night, but not sure on GURPS granularity of helping at night. Possibly in GURPS the oversized objective just looks cool)
Old 05-10-2009, 07:37 AM

Quote:
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...set=ISO-8859-1

Ah, something like this one (its the type I have)
3-9x50 Nikon Pro Staff (scroll down, the 3-9x50 is listed last)

Weight 1lb, Holdout -1 (Im guessing this), acc +1 to +3 (due to variable power), SS +0 or +1 (due to variable power), cost $200 (also ~$30 for the rings to mount it), +1 to negate darkness penalties (possibly +2 due to having oversized objective which helps at night, but not sure on GURPS granularity of helping at night. Possibly in GURPS the oversized objective just looks cool)
The fiddly bits, they burns us, precious!

OK, the scope provides +1 Acc per full 3X of magnification. That means SS +1 for either +2 or +3 Acc. I'll give you negation of -2 in darkness penalties. $230 for this scope plus its mounting hardware. It will be incumbent upon you to keep track of the scope's settings when Jocelin uses it.

I'm willing to make rulings on the availability of stuff, and even work on things people might want that don't exist in 3e GURPS, but I would encourage everyone to try and find something similar to what they want that's already written up somewhere amongst the various 3e source books, if at all possible. Simpler is also better from my chair if we need to invent specifics for anything.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:07 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

For some unfathomable reason GURPS Deer Hunter was not released as a 3e sourcebook

Its even worse in 4e, where cost for things is based on the mythical GURPS dollar which is only vaguely related to the USD, so you have to stat and price

Though 4e does have more complete scope rules

Last edited by Kalzazz; 05-10-2009 at 02:19 PM.