CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 04-30-2009, 04:47 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Anneke leans over to Rebekka while keeping her gaze fixed on Francois. "I suspect that Uma would know where to get her hands on a cache of small arms, if we asked her to." Rebekka nods her head.

"There is also the armory at the Jackson Barracks, although that could be tricky if we were to rely on it to arm more than a few of us." Rebekka looks to Francois and says, "I take it that you would like to size up potential recruits yourself? We already have some in mind, but another pair of eyes can only help matters."
Old 04-30-2009, 05:19 PM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

"I would be happy to do so, if it is needed. I would note however that if you prefer I will happily trust your judgement in the matter, my prince."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:20 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
"I would be happy to do so, if it is needed. I would note however that if you prefer I will happily trust your judgement in the matter, my prince."
"Very well," says Rebekka, "arm yourself for the coming nights, and perhaps we shall arrange a meeting with soldiers later tonight. Tomorrow night at the latest, I would say. All of you should be armed to your satisfaction," she says to the room, and then the Prince turns her head as if hearing something in the hallway beyond the balcony's opening. Camille & Crusher et al. make their return shortly thereafter.

"You are feeling better now?" Rebekka asks Crusher.

"I am, Majesty, although I am curious what you gave to me before I left, and why I had to consume it on so close to an empty stomach."

"I am afraid we had to subject you to similar treatment as your erstwhile captors did. You drank a mixture of blood from the elders of this city. Myself, and Anneke, whom you see before you, and three others, the Sheriff and Seneschal of New Orleans, and their Sire, who is the Toreador Justicar." Crusher exhales at hearing this, but does not say anything.

"We shall hold your bond until we can establish your association with Don Cruez to our satisfaction. Things will go well if we can verify your claim. If not, then not." The searching look returns to the Prince's face again, harder than ever, and Crusher drops his eyes after several seconds of this scrutiny.

"I am glad we understand each other," the Prince says softly, her expression impassive. "I am sure that Camille, Ramiel, and Sabine will be happy to assist in verifying your claims." Neither Sabine nor Ramiel has much of any reaction to this statement. Camille gives the Prince a tight smile, but remains silent. "You may go," at which the four of them leave.

"Will you please inform Uma of our need of her connections," Rebekka says to Anneke. "Find your weapons, and set your guards, and we shall meet again with the Sheriff. I will inform her that the meeting is postponed until 1 am." The Prince gathers Sarah and Merill to her, and makes to leave the balcony.

"Is there anything else you wish to address before the meeting ends?"
Old 04-30-2009, 09:36 PM

If there's anything you want to bring up in-character, feel free to do so while you've still got the Prince's ear. Otherwise you'll be left with Anneke for a bit until Uma arrives.

I had Rebekka push the originally scheduled midnight meeting with the Sheriff back an hour to 1 am to give everyone time to do everything they want/need to do before the meeting. It's about 11:20 when she leaves the jazz hall. If you don't think that's enough time, we can push the meeting with the Sheriff back even further.

If there are any particular requests for weaponry, now is the time to draw up your wish list. Handguns, sawed-off shotguns, probably SMGs are all available. Maybe grenades, too. You can always ask for whatever, but reasonably easy concealment of your weapons of choice will be useful, especially if you're going to be prowling the streets with them.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:55 PM

After the Tremere leave, Anneke calls up Uma, who arrives just after half past eleven. The Toreador puckers her lips when Uma walks into the balcony, and shejust shakes her head and rolls her eyes, which elicits a chuckle from Anneke.

"They need some firearms," Anneke says as she swings her head towards you.

"They, huh?" replies Uma. "I can take you to Al's, I guess, I just need to know who's coming with. As long as it ain't the Duchess of Doom here." Anneke blows Uma a kiss and laughs again.

((Who wants some yummy firearms?))
Old 05-01-2009, 11:59 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

"That sounds fun, Ill come"
Old 05-02-2009, 04:37 PM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

"Indeed" Francois said, "I am in need of a purveyor of armement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:30 AM
Huxley

"Would it be of use for me to carry weapons? I do not know how to use them"
Old 05-03-2009, 05:00 AM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

"Sure, guns are super easy to use, once you get a bit familiarized with it"
Old 05-03-2009, 04:22 PM

"If nothing else, assuming you can hit the ground with a thrown rock, you can use a grenade," says Uma. "I bet Al has a few handy, at the very least."