CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:19 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all

"He thought someone else, Drake perhaps was there, but she seemed mortal to him." Jack says.

Last edited by SD Anderson; 04-30-2009 at 06:23 AM.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:28 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

"We saw two fresh graves at the cemetery," says Sarah. "The other one was empty when we got there. Crusher mentioned something about having some of his boss's blood on him to resist the effects of the Sabbat's blood rites. Had on him. He seemed to think it was possible that Samantha is now one of Don Cruez's childer."

"If that is true, it would not take very long for New Orleans to be awash in relatively low-generation Brujah," Anneke says to Rebekka.

"It is too early to provoke a confrontation," Rebekka replies. "I want the soldiers bonded before making any aggressive moves."

"We may not have two more nights to wait, Rebekka." The Prince eyes the Toreador Archon, and you can almost hear the crackle of electricity between them as each holds the other's gaze.

"When will Gwynnis be returning to New Orleans?" asks Rebekka.

"Not until tomorrow night," replies Anneke.

"Can you convince her to return tonight?" Anneke considers this for a moment before answering that she probably could.

"Then do it," the Prince commands, "and you will not summon Samantha until we have personally met with the Justicar again."

"As you command, my Prince," and Anneke gives a shallow yet formal bow with her answer. "And what of Bonnie?"

"She will have to remain in Houston until Prince Casimir regains her footing. That cannot be helped. Be sure that Gwynnis knows to ask Prince Strauss to see Councilor Meerlinda when she is in Dallas. I mean to have her in New Orleans as soon as possible. Tonight, if the Justicar can convince Meerlinda to return with her." Sarah's eyes widen at mention of the Councilor's name.

"I shall fully apprise the Justicar of the situation in New Orleans. I am sure I do not need to remind you how persuasive Gwynnis can be when the need arises."

"Let us hope she is able to bring that persuasiveness full to bear tonight," replies Rebekka, after which Anneke departs.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:30 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

"I am sorry," the Prince says to everyone remaining in the balcony. "There were decisions that needed to be made quickly in light of the possibility that Samantha truly has the blood of an elder Brujah flowing in her veins. I shall explain further, but may I first ask, did you see any other fresh graves? Are your arrangements for animal sentries completed to your satisfaction now?"
Old 04-30-2009, 06:31 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
"I am sorry," the Prince says to everyone remaining in the balcony. "There were decisions that needed to be made quickly in light of the possibility that Samantha truly has the blood of an elder Brujah flowing in her veins. I shall explain further, but may I first ask, did you see any other fresh graves? Are your arrangements for animal sentries completed to your satisfaction now?"
"I got the first of mine before I joined the others. I probably should set up more."
Old 04-30-2009, 09:16 AM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

"There was nothing found at the second cemetary I visited." Francois said.

Francois begins pacing back and forth. "I don't mean to be insulting to the elders present, but I'm not convinced of the urgency of pressing an attack. I feel that you may be overstating the importance of the blood generation. A day old Brujah is a day old Brujah. Certainly one closer to Caine has the potential to grow more powerful than one further down the bloodline."

He pauses for a moment, collecting his thoughts. "But in truth, the power of the elders lies not in their blood but in their minds. It is the experience of centuries that makes the aged formidable, more so than the power of their gifts."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:17 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

"Unless they could embrace people who were already vaguely dangerous . . . . hmmm, Y2K was pretty recent, are there any leftover strongholds of heavily armed people fearing the Y2K bug around still? They might be interesting foes if embraced by the Sabbat"
Old 04-30-2009, 03:01 PM

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
"Unless they could embrace people who were already vaguely dangerous . . . . hmmm, Y2K was pretty recent, are there any leftover strongholds of heavily armed people fearing the Y2K bug around still? They might be interesting foes if embraced by the Sabbat"
"Perhaps", Francois begins, "if so, that smells like my sire's influence. I still wouldn't expect it to happen overnight however."

Quote:
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Quote:
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:12 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

"Unless they had them prestocked and ready to go . . . Bianca might have planned Crusher's readyness from the beginning. So it took one night for Miss Drake to become human, one night for her to become a vampire, one night for her to embrace all the prestocked humans, and then on the 4th night they have an army . . . . though they probably need to go through some indoctrination process . . . . but if they link the Camarilla and the ATF that shouldnt be a problem"

"Uhmm . . . . is the ATF under our control? If it is, we could see if anyone has bought palletloads of guns recently"
Old 04-30-2009, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Anderson View Post
"I got the first of mine before I joined the others. I probably should set up more."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
"There was nothing found at the second cemetary I visited." Francois said.
"We should have it under surveillance nonetheless," says Rebekka.

Quote:
Francois begins pacing back and forth. "I don't mean to be insulting to the elders present, but I'm not convinced of the urgency of pressing an attack. I feel that you may be overstating the importance of the blood generation. A day old Brujah is a day old Brujah. Certainly one closer to Caine has the potential to grow more powerful than one further down the bloodline."

He pauses for a moment, collecting his thoughts. "But in truth, the power of the elders lies not in their blood but in their minds. It is the experience of centuries that makes the aged formidable, more so than the power of their gifts."
"I would prefer to wait, myself," says the Prince. "I would not underestimate the danger of dozens of newly Embraced Brujah. Of the 7th generation they could be, if we are to believe Crusher's surmise, and they wouldn't have the debilitating mental afflictions of the Malkavians. They would still need someone to teach them how best to use their gifts, however."

"Another reason to keep close watch on Crusher," says Anneke. "I am sure he could do it."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
"There are also the Ghouls that a low-generation vampire can make. Not as formidable an adversary as another Kindred, but they can move about during the day. And if they are soldiers...," Rebekka trails off for a moment.

"We have just returned from meeting with Sgt. Baker, whom some of you already know," says Anneke. "He suspects, but does not know, that at least one of our adversaries has contacts at Jackson Barracks, separate from those that Mr. Johnson has.

"Those Kindred who are of sufficiently low generation to be able to develop personalized discipline powers can create Ghouls who are capable of learning more advanced disciplines, and the closer one is to Caine, the higher the level of attainment possible for their Ghouls. It may be that enhanced soldiers will fight on both sides of any potential battle. Unless we act quickly," she says, this last for Rebekka.

"It is too soon, Anneke," replies the Prince. "There are too many variables involved with unbonded Ghouls to rely on them so heavily in an armed confrontation."

"Then what?" asks Anneke, although the Prince does not answer immediately...
Old 04-30-2009, 04:20 PM

Francois, seeing the prince's lack of an answer steps in.

"We prepare. We fortify our positions. We identify those who we would ghoul, and bring them to a common location for more expediant movement once it becomes required.

We find ourselves pallets of guns. I myself need proper armement; as in this day and age, attempting to bring a firearm across the pond is rather too difficult to bother with. All I was able to bring were my "antiques".

With this Francois raises his trenchcoat to reveal a perfectly maintained flintlock pistol.

"It will certainly not be enough for the battle, and thus I must find and make contacts in the city to arrange the armement I require. One that could arrange bulk delivery of such might be useful."

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: