CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:58 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
Cant he just put up the hood on his hoodie and pretend hes a drug addict and not look right at camera?
I suppose. Still need to avoid the attention of the driver and other riders. That's a Holdout or Disguise roll.

Quote:
And bats can fly
I think you'll find that I'm already stretching the capabilities of the Level 1 Animalism power. Technically, it requires eye contact with each animal involved to communicate/impart instructions. Technically, if you break eye contact, you have to re-establish it if you want talk to the same animal again. Technically, the animal is limited by its intelligence as to what sort of instruction it can take.

Jack is going to the Audubon grounds beforehand to avoid summoning creatures that are near enough to the cemeteries that they might already be employed as spies by the opposition. If he calls the bats after getting on the bus, he runs the risk of summoning bats he wanted to avoid in the first place, because it takes a little while for them to come after the call is first put out. If he summons them before getting on the bus, they have to figure out how to follow him if he gets on the bus.

You may decide amongst yourselves how you want to deal with these issues.

Last edited by Detritus; 04-08-2009 at 12:00 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:12 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
Also, will there be any splitting up the party (i.e. Jack and possibly Leo go to the Audubon grounds separately)?

There's a bit over an hour's worth of walking between the house and the cemeteries and back if you did that. That would leave maybe an hour and a half for scouting and deploying animal watchers. You could also drive and park some place just off Washington Ave between the two cemeteries to cut down on walking if you wanted to do that.
Unless Leo tags along, Jack is probably flying solo, unless the new sheriff does something like have ghouls shadow our movments to act as back up.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:34 AM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Anderson View Post
Unless Leo tags along, Jack is probably flying solo, unless the new sheriff does something like have ghouls shadow our movments to act as back up.
OK, this is fine, and conforms to Jack's character, as I'm sure was intended.

Now I just need to know what Leo plans on doing (I'm assuming François is a bus rider, and Sarah will be). It appears that Leo does not have Disguise trained (Camouflage is something somewhat different), but I'll rule that his hoody offsets the -5 that comes from rolling Disguise at default skill level.

Whoever all ends up going to the Audubon Park grounds, as far as you know, you aren't being tailed. It'll take about 45 minutes of walking/calling/instructing to get animals set up at the first site you do so if you go to the Audubon grounds first. You can cut out 10 minutes of that time if you go straight to LC #2 from the house.

Whoever all takes the bus to Lafayette Cemetery #2, you get there 15 minutes after setting out from the house. And then the question remains, what next, after you're off the bus?
Old 04-08-2009, 09:26 AM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Out of curiosity, how do Uma and the other Brujah convey themselves? I could ride 2 on a bike, but 3 is a bit crowded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:53 PM
Huxley

Leo will walk, but he'll walk straight to LC#2. That means I'll be roughly 15 minutes later than the rest of the group, but Leo's a "safe side" kind of guy when it comes to breaching the Masquerade.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
Out of curiosity, how do Uma and the other Brujah convey themselves? I could ride 2 on a bike, but 3 is a bit crowded.
Uma has a bike, Antoinette we'll say is hitching a ride with Camille. I guess Erich also has a bike. They're all going to the cemeteries up at the end of Canal Street, however.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huxley View Post
Leo will walk, but he'll walk straight to LC#2. That means I'll be roughly 15 minutes later than the rest of the group, but Leo's a "safe side" kind of guy when it comes to breaching the Masquerade.
OK, the order of arrival at LC #2 will be:

Francois, Jocelin, Sarah ~ T + 15 minutes

Leo ~ T + 30 minutes

Jack ~ T + 40 (more?) minutes

The last things I would need in terms of a general plan is whether both cats and bats end up at both cemeteries, and will Jack go to LC #1 first or not.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:22 PM

OK, so, Francois, Jocelin, and Sarah arrive at LC #2, we'll call it at 930 pm. What would you like to do there first?

Jack will make it to the Audubon Park/Zoo/Institute grounds around the same time. I will need a roll for The Beckoning, and then one for Sweet Whispers, and a payment method.

Leo is in transit at 930. When does he want to make the call to the kitties?
Old 04-08-2009, 05:26 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

Jocelin first crosses herself and says a prayer for the dead interned within that she isnt going to bother them

She then will look for the largest and most impressive mausoleum or other focal point and heads to check near it
Old 04-08-2009, 06:21 PM
Huxley

Leo will call for animals after he arrives at the cemetery. Also, I was planning on using Auspex: Aura Perception before the animals arrive to help determine if the cats I call have already been contacted.