CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > CriticalFumble.net Community Forums > Gamers: Ethics & Religion

Gamers: Ethics & Religion Discussion of ethics and religion and what place they have around the gaming table. The point of this forum is to give space to all the ethical stuff that is or is not relevant that gamers insist on talking about anyway. Also much discussion of real-world issues including religion and politics. THIS FORUM IS NOT FOR THE THIN-SKINNED! You have been warned.

Old 06-23-2017, 08:16 AM
Henchman for hire

Magnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Russia and cyber warfare

Found an interesting article regarding Russia and their cyber-war capabilities. So I would say the fact they interfered in a mere election of the US president is the least worrying part of what they would be capable of...

Wired.com

/Magnus
Old 06-23-2017, 07:12 PM
Eatin' ain't cheatin'!

Origen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond repute

When I saw the opening of the article, I said the Ukraine.

Will read with interest. Thank you.

“And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.” - John Steinbeck, East of Eden

"Be orderly in your life, and ordinary like a bourgeois, in order to be violent and original in your works." - Gustave Flaubert
Old 06-24-2017, 02:39 AM
`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`ヽ`、ヽ`

Hitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud of

You may want to read this article on fileless malware attacks, which some believe may be responsible for the DNC data breech. Possibly that's what BlackEnergy is.

https://threatpost.com/hard-target-f...alware/125054/

Last edited by Hitcher; 06-24-2017 at 02:43 AM.
Old 06-24-2017, 03:17 PM
Eatin' ain't cheatin'!

Origen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond repute

Comparing cyberwar to nuclear war isn't entirely an analogy I resist, anymore. It's newness and its possibilities, and the way it changes everything.

I think the Ukraine was for Russia what Vietnam was for the United States, a place to test out new weapons and new strategies. I knew about their attempt to sabotage elections in the Ukraine, but I wasn't aware of attacks on infrastructure.

Still reading, but very fascinating.

“And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.” - John Steinbeck, East of Eden

"Be orderly in your life, and ordinary like a bourgeois, in order to be violent and original in your works." - Gustave Flaubert
Old 12-28-2017, 10:59 AM
Henchman for hire

Magnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond repute

Warning thread necromancy: Found another article here that had some bearing.

It is according to the following article expected that Russia in a case of war, would interfere with undersea cable for internet traffic leading to/from nato countries. Of course I expect that the US would do the same against Russia and their allies (but I think it would have less effect).

Techdirt

/Magnus