CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > The Inquisitives

The Inquisitives Rhakir's PBEM game.

Old 01-02-2012, 05:19 AM
Yes, I'm looking at YOU

BattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond repute
Default AuJeunotte Kindflame, sorceress

“The prophetess is here!” the whisper ran like wildfire through the streets, preceeding the simple, closed carriage as it moved through the tangle that is Sharn. The whispers easily outran it’s progress while people from every part of the city it passed through petitioned tsdahe unseen inhabitant for blessing, prophecy or, even, just the chance to look upon her.

“Please touch my baby. Then I know he’ll be strong.” “Will my lover cheat on me?” “Bless me, great one.” “They’ve been missing for 5 days. Are they ok?” The jumble of words creating a moving chorus through the city. And in each case, the pale hand would reach from behind the curtains to touch, bless or answer, regardless of the supplicants obvious wealth or lack of it.

Finally the noisy cavalcade reached the upper city and pulled up to a well appointed building whose ornate sign carried a dangerous looking grey dragon. The footmen of the establishment sprang into action. Unsure who this dignitary may be, nonetheless, their training required the crowd to be restrained. And so restrained it was.

The last cries of supplication fell silent as the door opened. It stood there empty a moment until a savvy footman brought a stool and a helping hand to stabilize the delicate ankle that appeared from the dimness.

Finally, when all was in place, the woman that belonged to that oh-so-dainty foot, stepped from the coach and there was an audible gasp from the crowd. She had pale skin, with a touch of golden undertones and God’s perfect blessing of beautiful countenance, and golden hair cascading down her back, so shiny and glorious that some would have sworn it had a metallic gleam to it. But for the slight portliness of fine living that enhanced her womanly curves, she could have rivaled the greatest beauty of the age.

She absently fingered the coiled grey amulet that resided between two perfect breasts and the footman, still holding out his hand to aid her, began to sweat. The amulet bore an uncanny resemblance to the dragon on the sign and she smiled and spoke to no one in particular.

“Ah, The Grey Dragon Inn, wonderful! I feel right at home.”

Gracing the crowd with a dazzling smile and a wave she took the proffered hand and descended gracefully from the carriage. Her movement towards the door of the establishment was slowed as the crowd piped up again. Hands reaching in supplication, so many voices that the words were almost indecipherable. And each of them that cried out received a nod, a touch and a word of encouragement.

Finally, she made it through the door and as the sounds of the crowd were shut behind it she sighed and leaned against the pillared entryway.

“How do they always know when I’m coming? I’m supposed to be the prophet...”
Old 01-02-2012, 05:20 AM
Yes, I'm looking at YOU

BattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond repute
Default part deaux

The star struck footman snickered, which brought another quick smile to her face. A smile which dazzled the approaching innkeeper, turning his bluster into a genuine smile and a bow.

“Great lady, I don’t believe we have a reservation for you. May I have your name, so that I may find out which of my lazy, good for nothing servants, neglected to put it in the book?”

“AuJeunotte Kindflame”

The innkeepers eyes grew wide. “The prophetess? Did you see something about this place?”

She nodded. “Yes indeed I did, and have come here to find out what the visions meant. If I may stay a few days, it is easier to get a reading when I am spending time in the environment.”

He nodded quickly. “Of course! Of course! You will give us warning if you find trouble?”

“Always. That is why I’m here. To help those who need help.”

“Right this way great lady. I have the best room for you.”

“Wonderful! Oh, but, how much will it cost? Perhaps I should take a smaller room in such a fine establishment?”

“No NO! I wouldn’t hear of it. Your stay here is free, my lady. I wouldn’t dare to charge one so blessed!.”

“You are too kind.”

With a bright smile and a flourish, the innkeeper lead the way to the grand staircase.

Later, ensconced in the opulent room, with her feet on the table and a glass of the finest wine the inn could boast, June sighed.

“Now this is more like it.”

A sip, and then she pulled a tattered newspaper from the ornate little bag beside her, grimacing at the bold headline screaming it’s message from the top. “Local Inquisitive Murdered!” Her voice, however, was thoughtful.

“Now, why is this important?”

Last edited by BattleNymph; 01-02-2012 at 05:23 AM.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:40 PM
Yes, I'm looking at YOU

I'm not going to post stats here unless people really feel that's helpful? But character description.

Her favorite color is yellow. Alignment (if such a thing matters) is neutral good. She is 20 years old now, having been on her own for 3 years.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:09 AM
Eerily quiet...

Rhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant future

I'm not too worried about stats being public. No worries.

Absolutely love your intro. Very nice! I'll put some more together based on what you've got to keep things rolling along...

Necessity is the mother of moral reletivism...
Old 01-13-2012, 10:27 AM
Yes, I'm looking at YOU

I came across this photo that is very much like what June looks like, both in looks and gown at the beginning of our game as a group.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-JnIwRXqJr_...s1600/P641.jpg
Old 01-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Eerily quiet...

Rhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant future

Nice. I have an idea for Mardu, btw. I'll email it to you in a bit...

Old 01-15-2012, 07:07 AM
Yes, I'm looking at YOU

mardu is awesome.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:41 PM
Yes, I'm looking at YOU

Should I post the character background here?
Old 01-18-2012, 01:06 AM
Eerily quiet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleNymph View Post
Should I post the character background here?
That would be fine if you would like to.

Old 01-18-2012, 02:46 AM
Yes, I'm looking at YOU

Backstory:
Mark of Finding in house Tharashk. A house of humans and half orcs. She was born the golden child... literally. Golden hair and pale skin in a dark family. A happy child, she charmed even the most disgruntled elder with her sweetness and soon became the darling of a large and well respected, if relatively young, house. When the dragonmark appeared early, wise heads nodded and said "Of Course, was less ever expected?"

Her charming ways brought her a life of relative ease, but her inquiring intellect (not something rare in a house of investigators) lead her to begin a different path. A path of study. Dragon blood in her veins and dragon mark on her body, it made sense that she was drawn to the draconic prophesy. It's intricate and involved messages soon came to dominate her study. And then she began to find things herself. But more than finding, she began to understand in limited ways the reasons and the causes and the family began calling her prophet.

Then one fateful day at age 12, it came over her. A true prophetic ferver that spoke through a different voice, perhaps the voice of the dragons of old whose blood ran in her. It spoke real prophecy. And when it came true the next day, her value to the house was made...golden. They began hiring her out for exorbitant sums. The prophetess to find, to answer, to bring in power, wealth and respect to the young house. She traveled the world in the house's service, always accompanied by a phalanx of house protectors. A golden center to a dark hurricane. Kings offered for her hand in marriage, and Church heads offered to put her on the payroll.

But her studies never ceased, and soon she came to realize the emptiness of all the house had planned for her. There was a storm coming, the prophecy said in circuitous and hidden phrases. A storm of change that could shake the foundations of the world if not dealt with in time. And she became certain that her gifts were for a reason. The dragons of old giving warning. Offering aid in the only ways they could.

She took her concerns to the (non triumvirate) head of the house. But with a sniff and a look at the bank book, he dismissed them. Then with a condescending pat on the head and a warm smile he dismissed her.

The shock of, for once, NOT being listened to, prompted her to make a common choice for a teenager. And that night she slipped from her ornate bed, packed a small but ornate bag and stole out the door. Of course, she didn't get far before one of the ever-present guards there for her safety discovered her flight. But a smile and a word and he followed her rather than raising the alarm.

She found that life without money wasn't pleasant. And began, again, using the skills and ways she knew to get by. But always her search was for the keys she found in the draconic prophecy. A way to save the world.