CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:39 PM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

"I note", Francois says dryly, "that you made no effort to answer my questions. Therefore, no, I shall not sit." His hand remains on the hilt of his rapier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:21 AM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

"Sire?!" Rosalyn tries to fend off the blow with her spear
Old 01-27-2011, 11:15 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
"Sire?!" Rosalyn tries to fend off the blow with her spear
You manage to parry, but the bones in your arms shiver with the force of the blow. Gwynnis then swings at Sidana again.

"Not our sire, but a twisted reflection," she yells out. Sidana manages to parry the next blow, and for a moment has your sire's sword held at bay with the haft of her spear. "Strike her down before she destroys us all!"

You notice everyone else in the room besides Sidana and Gwynnis leaving/fleeing the scene, but you're not sure whether it's to follow François or in fear of the Gwynnis figure.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:21 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
"I note", Francois says dryly, "that you made no effort to answer my questions. Therefore, no, I shall not sit." His hand remains on the hilt of his rapier.
"The Childer of the Rose are all my childer," Charles says. "What other answer would you have of me? How is it put these days?" His brow furrows for a moment, after which he says, "I am the Sire of the Toreador."
Old 01-31-2011, 11:19 AM

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

"I long to believe I stand in such an august presence as Arikel. And yet, you appear to me as someone else, in a maze of illusion. There is no reason for me to believe that you are real, much less the the progenitor of the bloodline. So if it's all the same to you, there's a would be diablerist running around here and I greatly seek offering him his due reward."

Francois pauses.

"Unless you have some way of showing me the honesty of your words, I must humbly ask you point me towards the anti-tribu, and I'll be on my way."

Quote:
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Quote:
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:10 PM

"Except that ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe," Charles says with a rueful smile. "And I suppose you are equipped to recognize my true form? To withstand such a revelation? No, do not answer. But I see now that it was wrong to take the form of one whom you trust."

Charles inhales from the rose again, which collapses into dust from the bottom of the stem upwards. When the rose is gone, the being wears the form of Anneke, her eyes even covered by the same brand of sunglasses she normally wears.

"By all means, continue onwards," she says, standing, "consumed by vengeance, and blunder about toothless and blind!"

At the word "toothless" the Anneke figure makes a grasping motion with her right hand, and suddenly it holds your rapier. At the word "blind" she makes a plucking motion with her left hand, which then holds an eye.

"Do you name this illusion as well?" she says, shaking your rapier vaguely in your direction. "Do you have any idea at all what you've wrought, bringing this here?" She thrusts the eye at you for a moment. "Do you?!"
Old 02-01-2011, 09:54 AM

Francois smiles. "Not in the least actually. You'll need to speak with your grand daughter about that. By the way, that's my sword."

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: