CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 09-01-2010, 11:10 AM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
"Yeah, let's get going," Dee Dee says. Just as she starts turning to head back towards the boat, she staggers. You feel a touch lightheaded yourself, then begin to experience... visions?

The first image is one of a mass slaughter in a village. No one seems to have been left alive in the town or the nearby cathedral and abbey. An impression of a psychic afterimage of several Garou momentarily appear to you as well.

The next thing you see is the Justicar crawling out of the ground, her knife at her belt as she emerges, and calling a sword and spear to her hand, seemingly from nowhere.

Then there is an image of the Justicar stalking a Garou, one that somehow feels familiar. She wounds the creature from range with knife and spear, and then closes to finish slaying the Garou with her sword, which exhibits a brilliant orange glow when she strikes.

You next see an argument between the Justicar and someone who looks exactly like Rosalyn; it must be Sidana. Sidana responds to a sharp retort from her sire by baring her fangs and lunging. The Justicar only just manages to dodge, and thrusts a bare wrist at Sidana's face, who drinks greedily from the proffered supply of vitae.

You come back to the present with a start. The sequence of images seems to have only lasted a few seconds. The Sheriff looks like she's just finished swaying on her feet after she started to turn away from the vans.

"Neither of you was looking very good there for a couple seconds," Mick says to you.
"Sorry, Mick -- this isn't my first time at the dance, but that was a little fucked up, no?"

Jake shakes his head to clear it, wipes his face with his hands and looks at Mick again.

"Heh. Well, I guess we just did a nice little bit of QA there. You need a lift anywhere? We're out."
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-13-2010, 02:58 AM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

"I was going to just hop back aboard ship," he says, a bit unsteady but otherwise none the worse for wear, apparently. "We'd better split quick, if we don't want to get tangled up with the authorities." The Sheriff turns as if to head towards the boat, then lets out a cry, after which several things happen in rapid succession.

A split-second after her yell, Dee Dee is face-to-face with another large Garou. A pair of Garou emerge from the pool of spreading blood, coming to either side of the first Garou. Before you can bring your weapon to bear on any of your new foes, three streaks pass by the vans. Two of the streaks resolve into Brooke and David, and the third into an extremely large man, easily six and half feet tall and 300 lbs. of solid muscle, whom you assume must be Crusher.

There is a brief but pitched battle in hand-to-hand combat. Crusher takes one flank by himself, and the other newcomers each take one of the Garou on the other flank. It's fairly clear that the Garou are trying to capture their opponents. There really isn't an opening to shoot safely, and you're quite sure that, unlike the mortal you shot, your fire wouldn't bring your Kindred comrades to a merciful end.

The double-team on Crusher manages to get hold of him first and drag him through the pool of blood. Then Brooke is drawn in, and then the Sheriff. She manages somehow to set the pool of blood aflame with her glowing dagger, and the Garou on David cuts short his attack and retreats through the burning slick without a prisoner.

When you look over to the other van, Mick is passed out. You can hear the sounds of an anchor being drawn from the water as the fire spreads down the blood slick. The image of the tree in sunset abruptly winks out while the fire continues to burn.

"We'd best get out of here ASAP," David says. "I think the dudes on the boat are going to have to take care of themselves."

((This time, Mick failed a Delirium-related Fright Check by a big enough margin that he passed out.))
Old 09-23-2010, 01:27 AM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

(OOC: GAH!! I missed this earlier!! Mea maxima culpa!!)

"Let's saddle up, then!"

Jake tosses Mick into his SUV.

(OOC: Are all the SUVs safe and accounted for?)
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-23-2010, 01:27 AM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

((I realize I took the gun out of Jake's hand pretty abruptly, but I want to get as many PCs reunited ASAP at this point for story reasons.))

"Jake," you hear faintly, as if it were a memory of an echo, "find my sire. Tell her..."

The voice trails off at that. David has been shifting his eyes between you and the passed out Mick, but as of yet hasn't moved from where he battled with the Garou.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:36 AM
Radiation Romeo

Quote:
((I realize I took the gun out of Jake's hand pretty abruptly, but I want to get as many PCs reunited ASAP at this point for story reasons.))

"Jake," you hear faintly, as if it were a memory of an echo, "find my sire. Tell her..."

The voice trails off at that. David has been shifting his eyes between you and the passed out Mick, but as of yet hasn't moved from where he battled with the Garou.
"David? David? We gotta book, partner. Let's go!"

(OOC: Again, I'm not sure how many SUVs we've ended up with -- I intend to get Mick out of here and, hopefully, safe -- I'd prefer to keep him alive and happy, as he's a good contact and a we have a history -- if we've got only one, I'll try and make sure we leave with Mick and if there's more than one, I'll take him in mine. Where is the suitcase with the cash? Had we handed it over yet, did it get lost in the battle? Is it handy to grab quickly?)
Old 10-05-2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
"David? David? We gotta book, partner. Let's go!"

(OOC: Again, I'm not sure how many SUVs we've ended up with -- I intend to get Mick out of here and, hopefully, safe -- I'd prefer to keep him alive and happy, as he's a good contact and a we have a history -- if we've got only one, I'll try and make sure we leave with Mick and if there's more than one, I'll take him in mine. Where is the suitcase with the cash? Had we handed it over yet, did it get lost in the battle? Is it handy to grab quickly?)
There are two vehicles, you're manning the turret in one, and Mick is passed out over the turreted machine gun in the other. David can drive the other vehicle after helping to move Mick to safety, and make it so he'll sleep long enough to not be awake during any emergency meetings involving other Kindred.

The money is already on the boat, so not easily grabbed in the present situation.

Having reviewed some of the past threads, the arrangement was that you and the others were to meet Uma and the other Brujah off site to drop off the weapons. Given the urgency that's arisen in the wake of the pickup, it's safe to blow that off and go directly to the cemetery. We'll say that Jake has looked at a map of New Orleans closely enough to know where he's going.

If there's anything else let me know.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Radiation Romeo

Quote:
There are two vehicles, you're manning the turret in one, and Mick is passed out over the turreted machine gun in the other. David can drive the other vehicle after helping to move Mick to safety, and make it so he'll sleep long enough to not be awake during any emergency meetings involving other Kindred.

The money is already on the boat, so not easily grabbed in the present situation.

Having reviewed some of the past threads, the arrangement was that you and the others were to meet Uma and the other Brujah off site to drop off the weapons. Given the urgency that's arisen in the wake of the pickup, it's safe to blow that off and go directly to the cemetery. We'll say that Jake has looked at a map of New Orleans closely enough to know where he's going.

If there's anything else let me know.
(OOC: Nope, looks good to me )

Jake does a quick check of the SUVs, making sure they won't draw attention.

"We all ready then? I think we need to hit the cemetery directly -- it looks like things have gone sufficiently pear-shaped that we may in fact be riding in on cavalry duty."

Jake gets behind the wheel and making sure everyone is in accord, drives to the cemetery with all due haste.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:16 AM

"Lead on," replies David, and you tear away from the dock like bats out of Hell, the scent of burning oil thick in your nostrils.

((Jake's next post will happen in the Only Nixon could go to China thread.))