CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 12-08-2009, 06:50 PM

hidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud of
Default Col. Leighton Beaumont (hidufel's Character)

The following are excerpts from my journal, which encompass the years from 1878-2007. There are earlier entries but none of these have relevance to my current state of affairs, except to bring me to my first years in Her Majesties service, culminating in my first command as a Colonel, in South Africa.

Excerpts form the diary of Col Leighton Beaumont, KCB.

Journal Entry; 12 February 1878

Have just received my commission and orders from the Royal Military Command to assume the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. I'm told by Baron Chelmsford himself that I will be heading to Africa... to help look after Her Majesties interests there. I look forward to new command and hope to bring glory to the crown.

I've informed Edmund of my new appointment. He tried not to show it but I know my batman well... he doesn't like the wild and uncivilized men were sure to face in Africa. But I'm sure he'll adjust well and enjoy the new experiences.

Journal Entry; 13 March 1878

Arrived in Natal. My first impression wasn't very pleasant... the port itself looked to be the most built up of the area. My regiment was billeted just to the south, creating their own little chanty town of hangers on and camp followers. It seems i will need to bring some discipline to these soldiers. Their previous commander held a lax hand. The local guide had some cryptic warnings for my entourage... It would seem that there is some sort of beast stalking the livestock at night. The locals are all aflutter with superstition... they are afraid to go out at night. I'll have to get word from some trustworthy sources just what this is about. Edmund would have nothing of the local help in regards to my personal effects. He looked positivity insulted when a local porter offered to polish my boots!

Journal Entry; 4 April 1878

Received orders from Major General Chelmsford, I'll be marching my regiment south to support a frontier Uprising. The Xhosa are attempting to regain some land including a diamond mine. Not too soon, i might add. My men are getting restless. And spooked by the local population. Yesterday a man had been killed, his body thrown in the street like trash, with just a few wounds on his neck. The locals think its attributable to some sort of vampiric demon. Not sure what stock to place in this. We march at dawn.

Journal Entry; 15 July 1878

We've Successfully ended this Cape Frontier War. Major General Chelmsoford has been recalled to England. I have word from my contacts in the lords house that he will be made KCB! We've captured several savages recently whom seem to have been practicing sorcery, or their own version of it. I've seen them perform some minor tricks that i cannot explain otherwise. I am intrigued.

Journal Entry; 3 April 1879

Zulu attack was repulsed yesterday... losses were heavy, on the Zulu side. we lost two good men. Relieving Pearson's men today, and we will evacuate Eshowe tomorrow. We lost 4 men last night, among the servants. They've simply disappeared, and no one can find them. One locally hired groomer may have seen something but he is near catatonic with either fright or hes been struck dumb. He refuses to be alone at night time. I'm reminded of my first arrival in Natal, and the locals there fear of some creature in the night.

Journal Entry; 4 July 1879

We have defeated the Zulu King Cetshwayo's forces today! The battle of Ulundi was hard fought but the Queens forces prevailed! Long Live the Queen!

Lieutenant General Chelmsford is being recalled to London, and he has ordered me to accompany him. I could tell Edmund was relieved to head back to London upon hearing the news.

Journal Entry; 11 September 1879

Have been recognized for my service in Africa with a promotion to Colonel and appointment to the Order of Bath as Knight Commander! Edmund's reaction? "It's about time, sir." Always calm and collected, Edmund is. I'm beginning to think nothing will surprise that man! Was troubled during the knighting ceremony, for I felt as though I was under inspection from something in the audience. it gave me an uneasy feeling, but the moment passed.

Journal Entry; 1 December 1882

Having accompanied Lt. General Wolseley into Egypt and defeating the rebel, Urabai, have now occupied Cairo. This city suits me, I must say. Even Edmund seems to welcome the dry heat.

Journal Entry; 12 December 1882

There have been several murders among my men. The only marks on their bodies are wounds on their necks. I am again reminded of my time in South Africa, 4 years ago. There seems to be some evidence pointing towards the opium dens. I have sent several men to gather information.

Journal Entry; 13 December 1882

The Opium Dens turned up a few leads. It appears to be a front for a cult of the Egyptian god Set... but these few seem to have added some sort of bloodletting ritual to their repertoire, that bleeds their victims. I am organizing a raid on their suspected place of operation. so far my men have kept this news quiet. It should be quite a surprise for those cult worshipers.

Journal Entry; 15 December 1882

Having personally led the raid into the cult "sanctuary" i can report a resounding success. We found a horrid scene... bodies of men and women, some in various states of decay, some even catatonic, yet still alive with multiple wounds upon them. Some even appeared to be very pale with pointed teeth (which seemed very odd to me,) yet bore many of the same wounds as the healthier victims. in all we fought and killed 30 of these cultists. They seemed to be most vicious, and unfortunately i lost more men tonight then i lost in the battle to rescue the men at Eshowe.

Journal Entry; 19 December 1882

Received a Letter today, in the post. Addressed to Col Beaumont, and in a strangely flowing script. Edmund described the man who delivered it as a bit pale for a Caucasian living in Egypt, for he was not a local. The contents of which i will duplicate here.

"My Dear Col. Beaumont. You have made an enemy this week, one that places you in greater peril then you realize. You have merely scratched the surface upon a world far greater then you can imagine. We heave been watching you, and would like to discuss this issue at greater length, for we now share the same enemy. Come to the Salient Chapel at dusk on the eve after next. I Assure you, the trip will be worth your time, and your safety will be guaranteed. Cordially yours, Lady C."

Needless to say I am intrigued, and my curiosity is getting the better of me. I think I will bring Edmund along, though i do not wish to scare away the lady with a armed guard.

Last edited by hidufel; 01-04-2010 at 07:45 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:51 PM

hidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud ofhidufel has much to be proud of

Journal Entry; 23 December 1882

My world is turned on its ear. My meeting with he lady Chadwith has led to a transformation of sorts, for myself. I have been inducted to a fraternity of "kindred". Many mysteries have been opened to me, now... and of this new state of being, i can only call it a curse at this time... I have been brought into this new realm against my will... but for a purpose. I shall write no more, for now... for now, i have a hunger, overcome me... one that is quite... overpowering... i must learn the ways to keep myself alive.

Journal Entry; 28 February 1883

I am in more control of myself now... i feel more able to harness my thoughts here for posterity. having been inducted to this new society, i have begun to learn more of our realm. First this new enemy i have garnered, is indeed part of this cult of Set... yet they are more... they are at the heart, kindred, like myself and the new society i find myself, but different, known among some circles as sabbat, they work to oppose us, and have no regard for this great "Masquerade" that our kind now must uphold...

Also, I have learned I am of the "clan" Tremere... and those kindred of us that are such practice an arcane art of Thaumaturgy. I have learned that it was my initial interest in the arcane sorcery of the natives that brought original attention to myself. I have begun to learn many magical mysteries and this has piqued my interest fully, in my new predicament.

My Sire, Lady Chadwith, is of a eigth generation Tremere, and she had petitioned the "Prince" of Cairo, a ventrue by the name of Saavid, (Apparently the leader of the kindred in Cairo.) to bring me into the embrace, for it seems i had helped them to destroy a viscous sect of the Sabbat in Cairo, and it was felt i would be a needed weapon in the coming years.

Permission that was granted obviously. But not for my faithful batman, Edmund. I refused to feed on him or to allow him to be destroyed, but there was another choice... and one that Edmund accepted. My thoughts that nothing would upset Edmund proved to be quite prophetic, as this turn of events seemed to not drive fear into him like i would have expected. He simply accepted this change, and calmly stated. "I am the Colonel's man through and through, before and now again. I see no reason to change this arrangement."

Ah Edmund! It pained me to bring him into this, but I am glad he has stayed loyal!

Journal Entry; 13 March 1883

It has become time to head to Vienna, I am told. There I must drink from the council of seven, to complete my induction to Tremere Society. And there I will begin my training in earnest. It has been arranged that for now my commission is intact with her Majesties command. I have "officially" contracted a rare disorder that prevents me from daily activity... and Edmund has worked admirably well to manage my affairs during the daylight hours. My trip to Vienna is for health reasons, and I Expect to be away from Cairo for the next year.

Journal Entry; 20 May 1883

I have been now introduced to the Council of Seven. Councilor Meerlinda has taken an interest in my "career" and has taken personal attention in some of my training.

I have also given Edmund his first taste of my own blood... for it is in this way i am able to allow him to accompany me through the upcoming years. This creates what is called a "ghoul" but i loathe that term. I must be careful to keep him near, and once hes drank of my blood three times, he will become bonded by blood, and if he goes too long without, especially as the years pass, he shall perish.

Journal Entry; 15 March 1884

I am back in place now, in Cairo. I am beginning now to work on my arcane studies in ernest, and have been meeting regularly with the prince, Saavid. We are working on rooting out the remainder of the Cult of Set.

Journal Entry; 19 July 1892

Have retired officially from the Queens Service. I continue to stay in Cairo here, my duties have now shifted to Clan Tremere.

Journal Entry; 30 June 1914

My irritation is beyond bounds. An archduke among the mortals gets assassinated, and all of Europe is in arms. War seems imminent, and I will be going back to London, to support my homeland during these events. I've taken my Leave of Saavid, and will now head to the queen and country. (though this time it would be Queen Anne!, the prince of London.)

Journal Entry; 30 June 1919

Having wrapped up my affairs in London i once again leave for Cairo. I feel that city is now my home as much as my holdings here in England.

Journal Entry; 2 January 1940

The German War machine is once again unleashed upon Europe. I am making my way Back to my homeland. It appears we may have a solution to prevent Germany from invading... I have been in correspondence with the London Regent, Oliver thrace.

Journal Entry; 31 October 1946

My home in Cairo has remained untouched through the war. I have taken up residence once again.

Journal Entry; 31 March 1956

It is made clear the British are no longer welcome in Egypt. I have learned what i can for now, I will take up my studies again in London, and perhaps elsewhere. I expect to be out of Egypt shortly before the last of Her Majesties troops leave.

Journal Entry; 3 April 2007

I have received a curious summons from Councilor Meerlinda. She is bidding me come to the colonies, New Orleans specifically. I head now to the chantry to get filled in on this turn of events form the Regent.

Last edited by hidufel; 01-04-2010 at 07:47 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:56 PM

Default Colonel Leighton Beaumont, KCB

Colonel Leighton Beaumont, KCB b.1830
9th Genration Tremere
5'8" approx 160 lbs

Attributes (110)
ST 10 (0)
DX 13 (30)
IQ 16 (80)
HT 10 (0)

Advantages (215)
Vampire Template (65)
Magery 3 (35)
75 point blood bonded ghoul (10)
9th generation (35)
Filthy Rich (50)
Extra Fatigue +5 (15)
Status 1 Camarilla (5)

Disciplines (22)
Auspex 2 (6)
1 Heightened Senses (1)
2 Aura Perception (1)
Dominate 3 (9)
1 Command Werried Mind (1)
2 Mesmerize (1)
3 Forgetful Mind (1)
Thaumatergy (7)
1 Taste for Blood (1)
2 Blood Rage (1)
3 Blood of Potency (1)
4 Theft of Vitae (2)
5 Cauldron of Blood (2)

Skills (20)
11 Riding pa (.5)
14 Black powder Pistol pe (.5)
13 Fencing pa (2)
15 Diplomacy mh (2)
14 Language Coptic ma (.5)
14 Language Arabic ma (.5)
16 Occultism ma (2)
15 Gambling ma (1)
15 Strategy mh (2)
15 Tactics mh (2)
14 Magic Jet pe (2)
15 Administration ma (1)
14 Throwing Magic pe (2)
17 Savoir-Faire me (1)
15 Knowledge history ma (1)

Grimoire (58)

Disadvantages (-70)
Enemy, Followers of Set (-40)
Sense of duty to Queen and Country (-5)
Sense of duty to the Tremere (-5)
Gentleman's code of honor (-10)
Overconfident (-10)

Quirks (-5)
Uses a Snuff Box (-1)
Dress anachronistically (-1)
Thick Brittish Accent (-1)
Looks down upon the lowlife (-1)
Does not like to feed directly (-1)

Last edited by hidufel; 12-16-2009 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Tweaked The CHaracter per some suggestions from D
Old 12-08-2009, 06:58 PM

Default Col. Beaumonts Loyal Batman, Edmund Bathe

Edmund Bathe
5'7" 150 Lbs

Attributes (40)
ST 12 (0) (+2 from Ghoul)
DX 12 (20)
IQ 12 (20)
HT 10 (0)

Advantages (20)
Ghoul (-5)
(+2 ST [20] Ability to use Wolf Claws at IQ level [20] (treat as buying Protean 2 & Wolf Claws to IQ level as a non-clan discipline, and without having to buy Protean 1 first) Unaging [10] (advantage is 5 points lower because of dependency on Kindred blood to keep it up) Berserk [-15] Blood Bonded [-40])
Absolute Direction (5)
Absolute Timing (5)
Unfazeable (15)

Skills (36)
14 Accounting (8)
13 Administration (4)
13 Diplomacy (6)
17 Savoir-Faire (10)
12 Language Arabic (2)
12 Language Coptic (2)
12 Language French (2)
12 Language German (2)

Disciplines (24)
Celerity 1 (8)
Fortitude 1 (8)
Potence 1 (8)

Disadvantages (-40)
Workaholic (-5)
Sense of Duty (Col.Beaumont) (-5)
Vow to serve his master (-10)
Intolerant of the Poor (-5)
Combat Paralysis (-15)

Quirks (-5)
Proud (-1)
Dislikes Being dirty (-1)
Doesnt like using computers (-1)
Speaks little (-1)
Sharp Posture (-1)
Old 02-26-2010, 06:06 AM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Here's an Official Portrait Oval™ for Leighton, since I'm on the Photoshop kick at the moment:

Last edited by Detritus; 02-26-2010 at 06:25 AM.