CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 02-19-2010, 02:52 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Uma glances down at the rapier. It is a wary look.

"I'll take it, but... I don't know how to use it."

"I'm not so sure about that," says Yuri.

"I've never held a sword in my life," replies Uma. Yuri merely shrugs, and an enigmatic smile appears on his lips.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:24 PM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
Uma glances down at the rapier. It is a wary look.

"I'll take it, but... I don't know how to use it."

"I'm not so sure about that," says Yuri.

"I've never held a sword in my life," replies Uma. Yuri merely shrugs, and an enigmatic smile appears on his lips.
Francois looks seriously at Uma for a moment, then slowly winks. Very quietly, to avoid others overhearing he says, "You strap it on your belt, then take out your gun and shoot the bastard you want dead. It's more symbolic than useful in the days of belt fed ammunition. If you do need to use it...aim the pointy end at the bad guy." Francois smiles warmly.

He walks back to the trunk, grabs the M4 and Desert Eagles out of it, and says "You get to take care of these too."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:04 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Uma takes everything you give her, and gives you a weird look as you explain this stuff to her.

"I don't care about using the damn sword," she snaps. "Sorry," she says more calmly, "it's the symbol that worries me, or at least what it symbolizes in this case." She looks back at the mansion, and murder flashes in her eyes for an instant.

"Sitting through meetings every night with Anneke? We'd be at each other's throats within two nights."
Old 02-19-2010, 04:15 PM

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
Uma takes everything you give her, and gives you a weird look as you explain this stuff to her.

"I don't care about using the damn sword," she snaps. "Sorry," she says more calmly, "it's the symbol that worries me, or at least what it symbolizes in this case." She looks back at the mansion, and murder flashes in her eyes for an instant.

"Sitting through meetings every night with Anneke? We'd be at each other's throats within two nights."
"Good" Francois says softly. "The bitch needs to be kept in line. Remember, we are Brujah, nobody expects us to be the soul of elegance and demeanor. The trick is to lose your cool outwardly, before you do so inwardly. That way you control the beast, it does not control you." Francois smiles, "Hell, I hadn't had the position for more than an hour before I threatened to cut Anneke's head off if she was disrepectful to our clan again."

Becoming serious he says, "Uma, this is war. I've fought them before. Right now both we and the enemy are pushing our pawns around, trying to get small advantages. It's customary, and probably necessary. But once battle starts, it's the Brujah who must lead, if only by example. Our place isn't at the table, but on the field. Have you doubts of your ability in that area?"

Quote:
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Quote:
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:16 AM

((We'll say Leo and the Gangrel have made it over to Roman's truck, so it's just the Brujah by themselves during this discussion.))

"If I'm on the street, I'm fine," Uma says.

"Is that how it was in LA?" Antoinette asks.

"There's no need to go into that now," Uma replies a bit sharply.

"Isn't there, Uma?"

"It's old news.

"I think that's part of the problem."

"I'm not sure I would have brought it up now, but she does have a point, Uma," Yuri says. "If Frankie boy here is going to go to bat for you, he deserves to know the whole story."

"She butted in where she wasn't needed," Uma says.

"That's not how I remember it," replies Antoinette. "Hector was going to beat the crap out of you before Anneke 'butted in,' as you put it. Hell, we might have all gotten our asses kicked, most folk at the rant were on Hector's side. We were the newbies in LA."

"It was New Year's '06," Yuri says to you. "We had just made it out to LA a few days before, after the storm. There was a big gathering of Anarchs, the New Year's Rant, as they call it, and it was our first rant in LA.

"Hector is Uma's sire. It's probably fair to say that relations between them are strained in the best of times. This wasn't the best of times. Some verbal jabs were exchanged, and Uma managed to put Hector down pretty easily, but he didn't back off. Public sentiment was running against us until Anneke swooped in and staked him." Yuri slowly shakes his head a couple of times.

"Damnedest thing I've ever seen. Shut everyone up, too. A lot of grudging respect on the surface, and an undercurrent of fear below. Knowing what I know now, I'm not sure anyone ever realized that they should have been more afraid of her than they were."

"And that was over a year ago," Antoinette puts in. "Have you ever thanked her for that, or even acknowledged that you might have needed her help? It's no wonder she fucks with you and no one else from our clan."
Old 02-22-2010, 09:37 AM

Looking sternly at the other Brujah, Francois holds up his hand.

"This was not your story to tell, it was Uma's. That said, I see where it changes little. I have never doubted Anneke's abilities, nor her flair for the dramatic. It was clear to me that something had gone on between the two of them prior, and in truth, I expected something more important than an uninvited intervention."

Turning to Uma, he states, "As for expressions of gratitude, I must say it would have been more polite, and political, for such to be made. That said, to admit a boon owed to Anneke is likely not going to lead you where you want to go. I think that a pose of treating her intervention as unwanted, and thus unworthy of repayment, is a prudent course of action."

Turning to Yuri, Francois shows his teeth just a bit. "As a side point, my name is Francois, and not Frankie or Frankie boy. If that is difficult to remember, then refering to me as Primiogen, or Captain Petit are also quite acceptable. Oui?"

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-23-2010, 03:31 PM

"Whatever you want, Captain," Yuri says, shrugging.

Antoinette looks between you and Uma a couple of times, then asks, "Just saying thanks, that's enough to owe someone a boon? I mean, I don't think she was trying to play that game in LA, at least I never heard her bring it up, and it's not like anyone asked her for her help, even if it was handy."

"Just drop it, Antoinette," Uma says.

"No, Uma, I won't, not when you're being picked for something that affects us all." Antoinette turns to you before continuing. "Don't get me wrong, I think she's the right pick, but if you do happen to go down, are you telling me this thing between Anneke and Uma won't have any impact on how the rest of the Brujah in the city are treated? You said it yourself, this is war, and from what I understand, Anneke even outranks the Prince in matters specific to the war."
Old 02-23-2010, 03:42 PM

Francois sighs dramatically, all the more so because he wouldn't normally breathe at all.

"Look at who is in charge in this city. The position of the Brujah will be secure until the war moves somewhere else. After that, it will be as strong as the person who leads it. For there are rules, and then there are political realities. Killing a primogen is bad form, unless you have solid evidence of treason. Being a Brujah, we're allowed a certain amount of yelling and screaming anyway."

"As for the question of Boon, from the way you tell it, Anneke could lay claim that she saved Uma's life...and yours and Yuri's as well. Not only could she lay claim to a boon, but to a major life boon.

If however, she merely interrupted your playtime, interjecting herself when her presence was neither asked for nor required, no such boon is owed."

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: