CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:48 AM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

"It's as much your story as Rebekka's," says Gwynnis. "Perhaps even more so."

"Whatever it was that happened, your reliving it was like hearing a psychic siren go off," says Dee Dee.

"It did cap off a rather remarkable stretch of seven or eight weeks," Anneke replies, and you notice that she relaxed her white-knuckled grasp of the table while she spoke.

"We would do well to remember that Sidana is just as psychically sensitive as Rosalyn," says Meerlinda.

"You don't think she's been alerted to the fact of this reading, do you, Councilor?" asks Gwynnis. "Or of Rosalyn's presence?"

"It is a possibility," replies Meerlinda. "We should proceed." She turns over the lowest card in the staff to reveal a hand coming out of a cloud and gripping a staff that still has leaves on it.

"The Ace of Wands, a card signifying creative force, initiating new endeavors, and abandoning outmoded ways of thinking. Enthusiasm, courage, and confidence are the hallmarks of this card. While patience is indicated in prior cards, when the time comes to make your move, do so decisively, and without hesitation, even if your conclusion suggests an action you would not normally take. If this is so, do not second-guess your conclusion."

Meerlinda turns over the second card in the staff, revealing the Queen of Cups Reversed. You're not sure how you know, but you feel certain that the image is that of Queen Anne, the Prince of London.

"The outside influences," the Councilor says. "When reversed, the Queen of Cups can signify a psychic blockage. I would read it thus, when paired with the reversed Queen of Swords."

"It can also indicate intrigue and scandal," Anneke says with a rather pointed affectation of casualness. Rebekka's jaw clenches and Gwynnis rolls her eyes.

"Come now, there are only two cards left in the reading," the Justicar says, "once they're revealed we can move on to other matters."

Turning over the third card in the staff, Meerlinda reveals the Wheel of Fortune.

"Undoubtedly, the retrieval operation is a key juncture in the campaign to keep New Orleans under Camarilla control. Decisive action properly timed might well tip the balance in our favor."

"Fortune favors the bold," Dee Dee says, prompting Gwynnis to quirk an eyebrow at her. "I saw it on a TV show once," she says a bit defensively.

"A valid summary," says Meerlinda. "Prudent preparations are also important. Luck is the residue of design."

"The Wheel can also represent personal vision," Gwynnis says, "an increase in personal awareness. Another point on the memory-recovery ledger, I would say."

"Agreed," replies Meerlinda. She reaches for the final card in the spread and turns over the Seven of Pentacles Reversed.

"In light of the balance of the other cards in the reading, I would say the Seven of Pentacles Reversed is a warning of impending failure in the absence of proper preparation. Yet it may be difficult to determine exactly which avenues to pursue; thoroughness is called for."

"Be thorough without second-guessing ourselves, and decisive yet patient," Gwynnis says sardonically. "Is that all we have to do? Should be a breeze."

"If we can successfully navigate all the pitfalls, then the alternative outcome of the Four of Wands will be ours," replies Meerlinda.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:45 AM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

"If it was easy everyone would be doing it"

"The recovery of memory does indeed seem key . . . . to win, one must know the enemy. And I have met the enemy, and she is I"
Old 02-10-2010, 08:27 AM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

"Can we talk about what happened downstairs now?" asks Anneke. Gwynnis gives a casual wave of assent, at which point Anneke rounds on Rebekka.

"Were you quite yourself when you did that?"

"Yes, perfectly," Rebekka answers in an icy voice. "I won't have such filth spoken about us."

"Us?" Gwynnis asks. "Bit of a stretch there, don't you think? And even if granted, I think there were other options available besides... going nuclear."

"He was being insubordinate."

"You didn't make a peep when François all but threatened to go over your head to the Brujah Justicar earlier, and he was going to take the entire Brujah clan out of play for the recovery mission for Sidana," Bonnie says.

"Yes, there is that," Gwynnis says, turning her one-eyed gaze on the Prince. Rebekka remains silent, and the Justicar continues.

"A Prince must have some leeway in interpreting the Traditions as the needs of the moment dictate. That includes the freedom to make her own mistakes. The imbalance here is François's continued existence. He should be destroyed, really, for consistency's sake. Do you wish to have him destroyed, my Prince?" It's evident from the Justicar's tone how foolish she thinks the idea is.

"No, of course not," Rebekka replies, subdued.

"Very good, we shall consider the matter closed. I trust I do not have to remind you, there's bound to be a number of powerful Kindred descending on the city for Conclave. Make sure you have your mistakes out of your system before then." Rebekka nods once in silence at this.

"Will the others consider the matter closed?" asks Dee Dee.

"The Toreador and the Tremere will, no doubt," Anneke says. "I have some pull with Camille as well, and she has some with Zack. I think he can be managed."

"The deceased was a member of his clan," says Bonnie. "It may be trickier than you think. He'll undoubtedly make a report, at the very least."

"Yes," replies Gwynnis, "but I also have some pull with Wynn. He and Camille should be moderating forces. I think the Brujah are the wild card. Interesting that you should mention François's little speech, Bonnie. Perhaps he should be induced to make a report."

"If we dig Crusher out of whatever trouble he was in, that would be lever with Don Cruez," Rebekka says.

"If he's one of Don Cruez's agents," says Anneke. "The feedings will have to stop. I think we've done all we can do there."

"Agreed," says Gwynnis. "We'll need to start involving him in city operations, too.

EDIT -- "We must remember that the recovery mission does benefit clan Brujah as well, which can be a selling point for the Justicar. And given the role of Bianca, Jocelin and others in this mess . . . well, I think the recovery mission will be more oppurtunity than curse for the Brujah of New Orleans."

Rosalyn smiles, "Of course I may just be a bit biased there."

"That's a good point," says Gwynnis. "There's certainly plenty of mess to go around for all the principal clans in the city."

After a brief lull in the conversation, Gwynnis continues.

"If you would like some unsolicited advice, my Prince, I suggest that Anneke and Dee Dee should coordinate with the others on the meeting with the Garou agent. Bonnie can work with you on preparations for Conclave. I shall work with Rosalyn on seeing what we can do to get her memory back."

"We must also establish a Chantry," Meerlinda says. "I would have preferred to have one already."

"I was planning on setting Col. Beaumont to that task when he arrives, Councilor," says Rebekka. "He'll have to work with Sabine, but they should be able to find a site."

"Very well," Meerlinda replies. "When will he be arriving?"

"I believe the plane will be touching down around 5 am," says Gwynnis. "So perhaps 530?"

"There won't be time to do much more than the initial briefing," Rebekka says. At this point, Sabine enters the room.

"Shall we get to it, then?" Gwynnis says, after which the meeting breaks up.

Last edited by Detritus; 02-10-2010 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Insertion of a point in the conversation.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:52 AM

Gwynnis lays a hand on your arm as everyone else leaves, and closes her eyes. Rebekka directs Sabine to Anneke and Dee Dee. The Prince leaves talking to Bonnie and Meerlinda, and the two groups head in opposite directions once they're out the door.

When she hears the door close, Gwynnis opens her eyes. Her one-eyed gaze is still a bit disconcerting to you.

"I should have had the Councilor conjure me an eyepatch before she left. No matter. Close your eyes, Rosalyn, and relax."

You do as instructed, and Gwynnis touches your arm again. You feel like you're falling asleep at the touch.

"That's right, just let yourself sink deeper. I shall be your guide." Your sire continues with a string of soothing words, and you find yourself sinking into a trance.

"Now, go back, go back to Glastonbury Tor. It is Lammas Night, with a moonless sky, and we are about to defend the Tremere performing their ritual in the ruins of St. Michael's."

A distant portion of your mind tells you that Gwynnis is prompting you with her own memories of the night, but in a short time you begin reliving the battle through your own eyes.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:37 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

((add this in to the discussion on the Brujah clan please))

"We must remember that the recovery mission does benefit clan Brujah as well, which can be a selling point for the Justicar. And given the role of Bianca, Jocelin and others in this mess . . . well, I think the recovery mission will be more oppurtunity than curse for the Brujah of New Orleans"

Rosalyn smiles, "Of course I may just be a bit biased there"
Old 02-10-2010, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
((add this in to the discussion on the Brujah clan please))

"We must remember that the recovery mission does benefit clan Brujah as well, which can be a selling point for the Justicar. And given the role of Bianca, Jocelin and others in this mess . . . well, I think the recovery mission will be more oppurtunity than curse for the Brujah of New Orleans"

Rosalyn smiles, "Of course I may just be a bit biased there"
It is done.