CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 02-02-2010, 08:14 AM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, assuming the track covering is successful. I'll inform Sarah of my suspicions and my reasoning. Unless the powers that be nix the idea, I want to leave the machine seemingly undisturbed and uninterrupted.
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
Yes, assuming the track covering is successful. I'll inform Sarah of my suspicions and my reasoning. Unless the powers that be nix the idea, I want to leave the machine seemingly undisturbed and uninterrupted.
OK, that's fine. I think we'll let Jake deal with the powers that be in the next IC thread, after he gives his report. Is there anything else you want to do here? If not, then I'll call this thread a wrap.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:56 AM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
OK, that's fine. I think we'll let Jake deal with the powers that be in the next IC thread, after he gives his report. Is there anything else you want to do here? If not, then I'll call this thread a wrap.
I'm just going to make sure that I'm clear on all the hardware and the network set-up. Beyond that, once I've got the drive cloned and my tracks cleared, I'll spend what time I have left before reporting to TPTB investigating my cloned version of the HD and seeing if I can determine the location of the computer that the logger reports to. Oh! Would it be possible to set up a covert IP trace or something on the machine, to trace the logger's next report?
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-03-2010, 05:58 PM

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

You can set up something to trace where the next report goes pretty easily. In fact, you've probably already got the location narrowed down enough that someone very good at Auspex would likely be able to pick out the location, if you told the searcher what to look for.

When you study the dossiers, perhaps the thing that stands out most is that they also identify the usual nighttime commanding officers for all the different police districts. ((I haven't made up or researched any names yet, but they're there.))
Old 02-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Radiation Romeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
You can set up something to trace where the next report goes pretty easily. In fact, you've probably already got the location narrowed down enough that someone very good at Auspex would likely be able to pick out the location, if you told the searcher what to look for.

When you study the dossiers, perhaps the thing that stands out most is that they also identify the usual nighttime commanding officers for all the different police districts. ((I haven't made up or researched any names yet, but they're there.))
Coolio. I'm no slouch at Auspex and I've got 3 free BP's to burn; if it's alright with you, I'll give that a shot. Hmmm... Mind you, you *did* say *very* good at Auspex and I don't know if I rate that high. Still, I'll give'er a go. So, unless anything else pops up, we're dandy 'til the next thread. Thanks
Old 02-03-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
Coolio. I'm no slouch at Auspex and I've got 3 free BP's to burn; if it's alright with you, I'll give that a shot. Hmmm... Mind you, you *did* say *very* good at Auspex and I don't know if I rate that high. Still, I'll give'er a go. So, unless anything else pops up, we're dandy 'til the next thread. Thanks
I was originally conceiving the search to occur from the astral plane, which is a bit above Jake's pay grade in Auspex.

However, since you have the script right there in front of you, I'll rule that you can call up the highnoon program in a text editor and then make a contested roll between your Spirit's Touch and the other guy's Computer Hacking skill to divine where the info gets sent. It'll have to wait until I get home from work for me to adjudicate this. If it doesn't work, Jake can still suggest the astral plane search as a way to make further progress.

Once that's done, I think we're free to move on to the next IC thread.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:46 PM

OK, you successfully pull off the Spirit's Touch thing, consuming all the wine-blood in the process. You come up with the following street address in your divination: 3203 St. Ann Street.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:49 AM
Radiation Romeo

Awesome! Thanks, dude!