CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > Immortal Desires

Immortal Desires Detritus's GURPS World of Darkness PbP game.

Old 01-13-2008, 11:13 AM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute
Default On the Vampire psyche: Frenzy

Frenzy lasts 2d minutes after the source of provocation is gone. If you really chunk the Self-Control roll, I might tack on a third die in determining the frenzy's duration.

The GURPS V:tM source book states that a successful Diplomacy or Psychology roll made by another character will reduce the duration of the frenzy by 1d minutes. We'll use this, but at my discretion, I will add to or subtract from your skill level based on the quality of the post; I don't want this to be a purely mechanical thing, but as long as there is due diligence with the RP aspect it will be tough to get slapped with a penalty on the roll. If you miss the roll, then the frenzied Kindred has to make a Self-Control roll to avoid attacking you.

Intimidation is not as effective on a frenzied Vampire as it would otherwise be; we're talking about trying to cow supernatural predators who stand at the pinnacle of the food chain that have gone berserk here. I don't see this as a particularly easy recipe for success. However, I will allow it as a modified Quick Contest between Intimidation and Self-Control with the following conditions applied:

* The effective skill level of the intimidator caps at 17, regardless of the character's actual skill level in Intimidation.

* The frenzied vampire's Self-Control is penalized by the amount by which the original failed Self-Control missed, to a minimum effective Self-Control of 5.

* The intimidator must make their roll by at least the amount that the frenzied vampire misses their Self-Control roll. There is no bonus on Intimidation if the frenzied Vampire makes their Self-Control roll.

* A critical failure on either roll will necessitate an additional Diplomacy or Psychology check to "cancel out" the critical failure before such skills can be used to reduce the duration of the frenzy. If both rolls are critically failed, it will be impossible to talk the character out of frenzy.

* On a normal loss of the Quick Contest by the intimidator, the frenzied Vampire must try to attack the loser of the Contest.

* If the Intimidation is successful, it will reduce the duration of the frenzy by 1d minutes, just as a successful Diplomacy or Psychology roll would.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:54 AM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

I will also rule that a successful application of the Song of Serenity (Animalism 3 power) will work just like a successful Diplomacy or Psychology roll for the purposes of reducing the duration of a frenzy. But, the skill roll has to be made. Since it is a vampiric discipline, it is exempt from the RP requirement I gave in the prior post; just roll it and see how the dice land.

A frenzying vampire can spend one Blood Point and make a Self-Control roll (at -5 penalty) to control a frenzy for one minute. A successful Song of Serenity roll will add a bonus of +1 per point the roll is made by to the effective Self-Control of the frenzied Kindred.