CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > The Inquisitives

The Inquisitives Rhakir's PBEM game.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:24 PM
Yes, I'm looking at YOU

BattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with Chim MORE MORE MORE!

You know, all the writing in these is so good. This is going to make one hell of a novel when we're all said and done.

(now to find one of us willing to compile all the writing... )
Old 01-18-2012, 04:53 PM
Eerily quiet...

Rhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant future

Wow. I didn't expect such an enthusiastic reaction. Everyone has put so much effort into the writing, and I'm very pleased with all the results so far.

We're still working on the prelude for Durion, but that might wrap up shortly. Let's give Mouser a chance to review it and we'll see what happens.

Necessity is the mother of moral reletivism...
Old 01-20-2012, 08:28 AM
Yes, I'm looking at YOU

BattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond repute

As I'm re-reading all the preludes and prologues and character bios, something has struck me.

The flavor of them taken all together is very reminiscent of the wonderful old Victorian penny dreadfuls.

I don't know that I've ever encountered game writing that really lent itself to the style like the writing here is.

I absolutely, absolutely love it. I can't wait for more from each of you!

I'm trying to get google docs to let me compile everything as it's done (the word count is making it lag pretty badly) When I did that in Black Ops, it was really awesome to see the pages of wonderful adventure that came out of it.

For this one, I think we're crafting one hell of an originally flavored game that will create one hell of an entertaining story.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:30 AM
Yes, I'm looking at YOU

I want to tell the main forum to come check these stories out. They are so fun.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:22 PM
Yes, I'm looking at YOU

Ok, you all should have shared two google docs. Once those of you who haven't done preludes yet, when they are up I'll incorporate them in the appropriate places.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:01 PM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

Egad, but the hook is set deeply into my cheek... Yesterday was a day with no back-and-forth between Rhak and myself and with almost no new updates here and I swear, I could feel the DTs coming on. Alas, to be reduced to a such a pathetic junkie already...
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-20-2012, 04:05 PM
Eerily quiet...

Rhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant futureRhakir has a brilliant future

Okay, okay, I get the hint... I'll put Turn 1 together as soon as possible.

Thank you very much for putting all of that together, BN! I had not looked at each sectioned post as an individual chapter, but it does seem to work so far. And compiling the character bios was a great idea too. I appreciate the work you put into it!

With regards to character preludes that are not yet posted, I will post Mouser's and Carm's tomorrow unless either one posts here or emails me to say otherwise.

I have still not heard from Paulypalooza, so his character introduction will wait until he's ready. We'll just insert him into the game-in-motion as and when.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:09 PM
And no thats not Bush.....

carmachu has a reputation beyond reputecarmachu has a reputation beyond reputecarmachu has a reputation beyond reputecarmachu has a reputation beyond reputecarmachu has a reputation beyond reputecarmachu has a reputation beyond reputecarmachu has a reputation beyond reputecarmachu has a reputation beyond reputecarmachu has a reputation beyond reputecarmachu has a reputation beyond reputecarmachu has a reputation beyond repute

No feel free to post it. If you need more from me LMK.

Give a man a bank, he can rob the world.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:00 PM
Eerily quiet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmachu View Post
No feel free to post it. If you need more from me LMK.
Thank you Carm. Added Han's prelude to the Forum...

Old 01-20-2012, 06:48 PM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

*taps vein*

*sighs*
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln