CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > RPG Discussion Forums > Supers!

Supers! For discussion of all Supers RPGs, including V&V, M&M, Champions, etc.

Old 07-11-2014, 04:32 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

DSumner has a spectacular aura aboutDSumner has a spectacular aura aboutDSumner has a spectacular aura about

The guys at Blackwyrm has posted an new Kickstarter update including a preview of the Arsenal of Democray's Freedom's Call Armored Assault Vehicle.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...files-30/posts

"Death is certain, life is not."
Old 07-14-2014, 01:29 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

DSumner has a spectacular aura aboutDSumner has a spectacular aura aboutDSumner has a spectacular aura about

Okay, it looks as though quite a few people (Bots?) have looked this thread over, and it has me wonder. Just out of curiosity, how many of you have checked out the Kickstarter? And those you who have, what do you think of it, and the Algernon Files in general?

Old 07-14-2014, 01:44 AM
I am the one you warned me of

Imaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant future

I checked out both this thread and the kickstarter. I've just got enough stuff going on lately and none of it is superhero related that I just can't justify the kickstarter. Admittedly, it is a cheap print/pdf combo.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:19 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginos View Post
I checked out both this thread and the kickstarter. I've just got enough stuff going on lately and none of it is superhero related that I just can't justify the kickstarter. Admittedly, it is a cheap print/pdf combo.
That's unfortunate, as I think you'd really enjoy the material, but I understand completely.

Old 07-14-2014, 04:15 PM
Henchman for hire

Magnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond repute

I looked at the kickstarter, but at the moment it is not what I am looking for. I did enjoy playing in Mutants & MAsterminds 2nd ed, even though it was a bitfiddly. Didn't like 3rd ed at all.

/Magnus
Old 07-16-2014, 03:26 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

Well, for those of you who are Hero/Champions fans, Dave Mattingly has stated that if the Kickstarter goes well, he'll be looking into converting the 3.0 books to the Hero system, as was done with the previous editions. If you've got an opinion on it, one way or the other, let him know.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:45 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

And a bit of news from Aaron Sullivan.
Quote:
Everything obviously depends on how well the Kickstarter ends up doing, but I've already discussed with Dave conversions to Champions and ICONS. The former I've played and ran since 1982 and getting permission to do so shouldn't be an issue. The latter I've already talked to Steve about after seeing how easy the licensing requirements were. So, no big in either case.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:35 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

And here's the latest preview.

As well as a table of contents.

Old 07-25-2014, 03:08 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

The latest art preview - Apex. Apex is an alien worldbeater, a cosmic-scale omnicidal monster of the first order.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:47 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

It's the last day of the Kickstarter, so if you're planning on making a pledge, this would be the time.