CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > CP2020: J is for Jovian

CP2020: J is for Jovian A Cyberpunk play-by-post administered by Baelfyre.

Old 11-22-2008, 07:37 AM
Ailing Ninja

Baelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant future

The two of you make your way across the now broken, exploding, and electrically arcing wonderland that used to be a matrix of over a hundred mainframes.

You reach the doors without incident, and see a hole floating in midair which looks like it leads into some kind of troop bay. There are two more vague figures firing into the facility with what looks like a laser cannon and a Helix that's been moified to fire ET rounds... except instead of shotshells it's firing explosive flechette rounds. The other three are bringing up the rear.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:36 PM
stormbane

Sorry for the delay, get her and Janice in the troop vehicle while we still can. We will have to worry about what the fuck just happened later, I guess.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:00 PM
Ailing Ninja

Baelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant future

The three behind you follow you into the dropship, and the door closes. The figures res into a more solid existence; all three are wearing organic looking armor. The helmets retract into the suits, leaving their faces bare.

The figure that has been talking is a male, with long brown hair and leaf green eyes. He's quite handsome, and radiates an aura of competence. The two slight figures are beautiful oriental women with nearly identical features, except for their eyes. One has violet eyes, and the other emerald green. All three have a peculiar ageless look; they could be anywhere from 16-40,

The other two remain cloaked.

Blood says "Report."

The violent eyed girl says "Two minutes for the Militech fighter response team to arrive. Satellite surveillance is jammed, so we're clear for the time being. We've also cut the local interchanges; this copy of Soulkiller isn't going anywhere."

Blood turns and looks at the wall, and a video screen appears in mid-air. He says "All right. Let's explain to Militech that working with Soulkiller is a bad idea. Put the hammer down."

On the screen, you see a spark flash down from above into the middle of the complex. The spark expands into a multicolored, twisting sphere about two hundred yards across, and then vanishes. Together with everything inside the sphere. There is no explosion; not much flash; just a perfect half sphere crater where the installation used to be.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:48 AM
stormbane

What? THAT was Soulkiller? Great, I cannot tell if my day just got better or worse..
Old 12-06-2008, 02:34 AM
Ailing Ninja

Blood looks down at Janice, and tendrils come out of the armor and plug into her interface plugs. His eyes... change; they almost seem to have symbols flashing across them. A few seconds later, he looks grim.

"How long 'till we reach base?"

A hologram of an anime styled woman appears, with blonde hair and violet eyes. "You will reach base in approximately forty two minutes."

He looks back at Jaina, and says "Her neural interface has been compromised. I've shut it down, but she's going to need major, major surgery and recovery time. The surgery is going to have to be done in orbit, and no promises. I'd call it about a hundred k in medical expenses. Can you cover that?"
Old 12-08-2008, 03:16 PM
stormbane

What? Been compromised? What the hell are you talking about? And unfortunately no, I cannot cover 100k at the moment. She may be able to, but I have no idea. Please, tell me what is wrong with her. *She appears to be struggling to keep a firm lid on her emotions*
Old 12-09-2008, 01:23 AM
Ailing Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbane View Post
What? Been compromised? What the hell are you talking about? And unfortunately no, I cannot cover 100k at the moment. She may be able to, but I have no idea. Please, tell me what is wrong with her. *She appears to be struggling to keep a firm lid on her emotions*
"By compromised, I mean that Soulkiller has hacked into it, and has loaded software in which took control of it and started overwriting her personality. What we are going to have to do is remove the neuralware, and then replace it. Without turning her into a vegetable. What I've done now is essentially turned it off and kept things from getting any worse."

"Don't worry about the money. We'll let you work it off. It'll take about a year and it will probably take that long to rebuild her brain and personality. Deal?"
Old 12-11-2008, 03:36 PM
stormbane

You have yourself a deal. I am Jaina, and you guys are?
Old 12-11-2008, 04:03 PM
Ailing Ninja

"I'm Blood.", he says, and points to the violet eyed oriental "That's Manticore" and (poiinting towards the greeen eyed oriental) "That's Medusa."

The two women start attaching... somethings... to Janice. A bizarre combination of technology and art; a wooden box with ivy coming from it. The ivy wraps around Janice, leaving a green cocoon with a wooden box on top of where the chest was. Shimmering characters appear above the box, together with a three dimensional hologram of the inside of her body.

"That's a life support and stasis module. She'll be staying in there pretty much for the next six months or so."

"So. We're going to drop you off in Orlando. Once Janice recovers enough to communicate, and it'll be virtual only, she'll contact you in three months or so. Your contact will be with my daughter, a woman named Heaven. She'll give you odd jobs; some will be simple, some will be odd, and some will be very very hazardous to your health. She will provide you with ID, and the bare necessities for you to survive."

"You'll need to keep a very low profile. When Militech investigates, you and your friend are going to take the heat because that's where the real trail leads. So keep your head down."

"Questions?"
Old 12-12-2008, 03:29 PM
stormbane

Considering you offered your assistance when you could have simply allowed us to rot, I would like to say thanks. Other than that, I think we're done here. Take me to Heaven (pun intended)