CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > CP2020: J is for Jovian

CP2020: J is for Jovian A Cyberpunk play-by-post administered by Baelfyre.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 11-19-2008, 06:52 PM
Baelfyre's Avatar
Baelfyre Baelfyre is offline
Ailing Ninja
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,134
Baelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant future
Default

Well, she sees a tube floating in midair, that then floats through the air to attach to the wall, leaving a monowire trap about thigh high.

However, after she calls out the zombies stop moving forward, and then start moving away down the corridor.

A low bass voice comes from a point about four feet above Jaina's head, and says "Do TRY not to spoil any more ambushes." At which point a grenade appears out of midair and lands in the middle of the zombie group and detonates. Little strips of lightning dance across the corridor, and the zombies collapse.

"Fucking zombies."
__________________
‘Temporarily and unwittingly employed as God’s attack dog’ might go to his head.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-20-2008, 05:40 PM
stormbane
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Jaina is somewhat surprised at the appearance of the newcomer.

"Who the hell are you and what the fuck were those things?"
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-20-2008, 07:14 PM
Baelfyre's Avatar
Baelfyre Baelfyre is offline
Ailing Ninja
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,134
Baelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant future
Default

"I'm Blood. Those were zombies. You're in deep shit. Any more questions, or do you have the common sense to run away now?" rumbles the same spot in midair.
__________________
‘Temporarily and unwittingly employed as God’s attack dog’ might go to his head.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-20-2008, 09:53 PM
stormbane
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"Well, fuck, I guess I don't."

Should I be rolling initiative on the jerk in the inviso-asshole suit now? IE: Can I tell if this dude is a FoF? Also how is the rest of the group? In condition to move(fast)?

Last edited by stormbane; 11-20-2008 at 09:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-20-2008, 10:27 PM
Baelfyre's Avatar
Baelfyre Baelfyre is offline
Ailing Ninja
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,134
Baelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant future
Default

Go right ahead.

He seems to be saving your ass from zombies. On the other hand, he doesn't seem real patient, and he may be saving said ass to kill and/or use for himself.

Janice has a broken ankle, but has hit a pain editor and can move at 3/4 speed (5 MA).

The medtech is twitching on the floor.

The five man Solo team is in pieces across the corridor.

The zombies are doing the dying cockroach dance.
__________________
‘Temporarily and unwittingly employed as God’s attack dog’ might go to his head.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-20-2008, 10:39 PM
stormbane
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Check the med tech to see if she can be moved and fall back with Janice further into the room. I would also like to keep an eye in the direction we are moving for anything of note (Actively searching with aware/notice).
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-20-2008, 11:48 PM
Baelfyre's Avatar
Baelfyre Baelfyre is offline
Ailing Ninja
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,134
Baelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant future
Default

Make an awareness roll. I'm going to give you a bonus of +5 just because. The medtech is in bad shape, but you don't see any wounds.

The Voice says "Leave her. Soulkiller has a hold on neuralware. She's just gonna be another zombie in a few minutes. You may still be able to save the other one; as a netrunner she has some defenses. But if you don't get her out of here to the 'flyer outside, she's worse than dead."

And then a cannon goes off, and the medtech is minus a head.
__________________
‘Temporarily and unwittingly employed as God’s attack dog’ might go to his head.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-21-2008, 02:18 AM
stormbane
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Awareness roll is 36 with your +5.

She says "Where's the flyer?" as she is helping Janice (looking at Janice) "Fuck this, let's get the fuck out of here."
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-21-2008, 04:10 AM
Baelfyre's Avatar
Baelfyre Baelfyre is offline
Ailing Ninja
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,134
Baelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant future
Default

Ok, with that roll...

There is a fight going on among four cloaked (as in nearly invisible) figures right over your head. As you watch, one of the smaller figures rips off one of the Spyders weapon limb and knocks it's head off with it's own arm. The other two figures are moving in a blur so fast your character can't make out specific movements past a general fuzziness in the air. There are two small (4-6 foot) figures fighting with two Spyder full conversion borgs. And the borgs are losing limbs.

The fight is going on with an eerie silence.

There is also a 6-7 foot figure right next to you with a pistol. The "pistol" is approximately a foot and a half long, and is also cloaked. Your character has heard of the Gibson mirage gear, but this active camo is way, way past that... and includes the pistol in one hand and a sword bigger than your character in the other.

The vague figure says "Straight across this enclosure to the south and out the smoking doors. Look for the lighted hole floating in the air."

With that, he fires the cannon in his hand autofire across the room. Apparently the weapon is firing HE shells, 'cause he just blew a twenty foot hole in the sliding doors on the other end of the room. The shells exploding are the only sound; the weapon itself makes absolutely no noise. Not even the working of the weapons action.
__________________
‘Temporarily and unwittingly employed as God’s attack dog’ might go to his head.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-21-2008, 02:54 PM
stormbane
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Grabs Janice to help her along and gets the fuck out of there.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright on all original post text belongs to the poster.