CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > CP2020: J is for Jovian

CP2020: J is for Jovian A Cyberpunk play-by-post administered by Baelfyre.

Old 10-18-2008, 03:11 AM
Ailing Ninja

Baelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant future

Quote:
Mahmoud: Mahmoud picks up the device and examines it closely, trying to get a clue as to what it is and what its purpose might be.
Make an electonic tech roll.

Quote:
He looks up, "Hmm. I doubt that anything could have survived in the store for that long without some kind of cryostasis.

"But I wonder whether there is some kind of connection between the old disappearances in the Macy's and the near total black hole that the underground garage has become.

"Not that I really want to find out, personally."
Heaven replies "I can answer that... there isn't between the garage and the disapearences. Most of what is in the underground garage is recent; approximately 3-5 years."

Quote:
Mahmoud pauses, examining the device a little more closely.
Roll a d10+tech+1

Quote:
"But I'm sure that nothing could get out of some kind of nanite-impregnated regenerative nanopolymer barrier. Except -- if we can figure a way in then obviously something in there might have been able to figure a way out.
Heaven says "That would be one reason why I doubt there is anything still there. But I could of course be mistaken."

Quote:
"By the way, I will, indeed, want to check out the kit that we're expected to use. We have just met you of course, and at this point we have no more reason to trust you than we do to distrust you."
Heaven gives an ironic smile "You don't trust me? I'm hurt. And after all I've done for you, too. How sharper than a serpent's tooth..."

Roll cybertech to check the chips.
Roll weapons tech to check the weapons.
You have no idea what to roll to check the computers; they seem to be a single block of diamond embedded in a case.

Quote:
Spyke: Looking at Mahmoud, "I can guarantee there is more to it then she has told us."

She ignores Heavens comment about kissing on the job.

"One thing about Heaven is she may tell you the truth but you can be sure it isn't the whole truth. Or perhaps it's more like the truth you hear isn't the one she is speaking"
"I certainly can't be held responsible for your lack of perception or grasp of the language." the blonde says, looking amused.
Old 10-18-2008, 05:37 AM
Ailing Ninja

Baelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant future

GM SPEAKING:

This is how dice are going to work:

The honor system. Roll you own personal dice, or use a roller of your choice so long as it's not inherently rigged.

Post results as applicable.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:53 PM
TinSoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baelfyre View Post
Make an electonic tech roll.
(5) + 13 = 18

Quote:
Roll a d10+tech+1
(1) + 10 = 11

Quote:
Roll cybertech to check the chips.
Roll weapons tech to check the weapons.
(3) + 13 = 16
(3) + 10 = 16 (No skill in Weapons tech; I have 13 in Weaponsmith. I don't know why it's split into two.)

Quote:
You have no idea what to roll to check the computers; they seem to be a single block of diamond embedded in a case.
Even basic tech? Programming (which is chipped)?
Old 10-18-2008, 04:01 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

Ladyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to behold

With a smile and a wink at Heaven, Spyke sits down and begins going over the weapons.

(5) + 10 = 15
Old 10-18-2008, 05:30 PM
Ailing Ninja

Mahmoud looks at the device curiously, but the tech is completely unfamiliar. It looks like the circuitry is optical in nature, and etched directly into the diamond. It does have standard wiring fittings going into it for power and comm. However, as he handles the device, his vision shifts again, and he sees the man that left the room earlier making the device. He says "The dendrites have taken inside the optical chips. Beginning quantum entanglement check." His viewpoint shifts, and his awareness plunges into the device itself, as it considers the local environment and allows certain energies to leave it's area of effect.

His viewpoint shifts back to his normal self, and he feels a drop of blood coming from his nose.

The chips are definitely not behavior mod chips, and you don't find any kind of sabotage. But they are very complex comm chips; it looks like they will function as tactical comms as well as the emergency comm, and have extensive range as well (in the 20km range).

The weapons are beautiful. Standard high quality weapons that have been worked over by a master gunsmith. Modifications include improved balance, reflex red dot sights, sapphire coated barrels, full rail mounts for tactical options, and a few others. The trigger mechanism has been changed out, and the mechanical parts have recieved low friction, highly durable coatings. These things are worth in the 7000-10000 eb range, instead of the 1000eb range.

The computer uses a different operating system, and there is simply no way to access it's workings. It will take you quite some time to figure anything about it. As you play with it, the holographic figure of a woman appears and says "Hello, I am AIMEE. Can I help you?".

Last edited by Baelfyre; 10-18-2008 at 05:32 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:34 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

Becca blinks as the holo appears, definitely not expecting that ((Holos normally require holotanks right?))
Old 10-18-2008, 08:39 PM
Ailing Ninja

There are a few very high end ones that can project, but they are in the 10-20 thousand EB range.

Heaven looks at the holo, and say "Hmm. That wasn't supposed to happen."
Old 10-19-2008, 02:10 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

Ladyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to behold

"Hmmm, Hello Aimie. What are your ablities?"
Old 10-19-2008, 04:47 PM
Ailing Ninja

The figure ignores Spyke, and continues to regard Mahmoud.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:16 PM
TinSoldier

"Hello, Aimee. How are you?"