CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Play-by-Post Games > CP2020: J is for Jovian

CP2020: J is for Jovian A Cyberpunk play-by-post administered by Baelfyre.

Old 10-03-2008, 04:08 AM
Ailing Ninja

Baelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant future

Okay, a few things...

First, I'm going to start threads for each character to play solo for a little bit, prior to the main game. The idea being to bring backgrounds and such to life a bit, and let people get a feel for their characters. These threads will be going simultaneously with the main game. This an experiment; an attempt to take advantage of the nature of the medium. They'll be going up late tonight or late tomorrow night.

Second, after some thought I'm fairly sure that Solo is the way to go for Becca. I'll adjudicate a couple of rolls in her lifepath giving her the Nomad Family ability to a very limited extent. Leave me a PM Kal and we'll go through what that means exactly.

Tinsoldier, your character's government enemy was in the CDC(a fellow named Bryce Talltrees) .. and they were responsible for you getting fired at your last job. You were working for REO Meatwagon (a competitor for Trauma Team) and he used influence to get you fired. Threatening to withhold certification for handling infectious diseases from the whole Orlando Area. The local Ops manager felt bad, and didn't blackball you, but... it's gonna be hard to get a job right now. On the other hand, you do have some friends there.

Last, if I can't get Shadowcast to join up in the next day of two, I'm just going to start up without him.

Last edited by Baelfyre; 10-05-2008 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Name change...
Old 10-07-2008, 09:53 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

Ladyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to behold
Question

Sorry it took so long to get this done.

Name: Susan Caspers
Handle: Spyke
Role: Solo
Appearance: 5’2”, Slim and lithe
Original Bonuses Modified total
INT: 7 7
Ref: 10 +2 10/12
Tech: 7 7
Cool: 8 8
Attr: 6 6
Luck: 7 7
MA: 7 7
Body: 10 +4 14
EMP: 8 -5 3
Hum: 80 -50 24
Run: 21
Leap: 5
Lift: 560
Save: 14
BTM -5

Skills
Role Skills
Combat sense 7
Awareness 5
Hand gun 4
Martial Arts 4
Melee 4
Weapon Tech 3
Rifle 3
Athletics 3
Sub Machine Gun 7
Stealth 4

Pickup Skills
Streetwise 3
Endurance 1
Seduction 1
Persuasion 1
Library Science 1
Dodge/Escape 1
Motorcycle 2
Basic Tech 1
First Aid 1
General Ed. 3

Life Path

Dress & Personal Style
Clothes: Jeans and Denim
Hairstyle: Short Spiked, Blood Red
Affectations: Spike Heeled Boots

Ethnic Origins: Chinese Decent

Family Background
Family Ranking: Her family was combat zone poor. She was raised in the heart of the combat zone once know as Orlando Florida. Except for work she has never left the city. Her family has recently disappeared. She had 7 siblings 6 older sisters and 1 older brother. As well as being the youngest of 8 children she is also the youngest of a set of Identical triplets. Both of whom are recently deceased.

Personal Traits: Moody, rash and headstrong
Person Most Valued: Current Lover
What Most Valued: Knowledge
Most Valued Possession: A bracelet given to her by her current lover.
How Feels about most people: Neutral

Live Path:
15: She met Razor, a local Solo who took her and her two Triplets under her wing. She taught them the Ropes of being a solo
16: Local Nomad Pack Befriended Her. She met the Symth Clan a small Nomad pack that occasionally passes thru the central Florida area.
17: Met and made friends with the Screaming Eagles a Roving Booster Gang/ Motorcycle Gang.
18: Met Lee Tyler who taught her more about how to use the SMG.
19: Met and made friends with Kevin Jacobs, a local swat member.
20: Kevin became her lover.
21: Spent 2 months in jail. She was accused of a crime she did not commit but was unwilling to name the actual culprit.

Cybernetics:
Neural Ware; SmartGun Link, Interface plugs
Speedware and Adrenal Boost
Grafted Muscle, Muscle Bone Lace, Life Saver Skin Weave
Cyber optics; both eyes Hiroshi Interferometry System, targeting scope, Advanced Time Square Marque
Cyber Audio; Sound Editing, Amplified Hearing

Last edited by Ladyfyreyes; 10-07-2008 at 10:57 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:25 PM
stormbane

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baelfyre View Post
Last, if I can't get Shadowcast to join up in the next day of two, I'm just going to start up without him.
Sorry I am late, is there still time to get in?

P.S.: Baelfyre, this is shadowcast. Edit: Also, I have not decided if I am going to rez an old character or make a new one based on an old one, so I will see what we have and what we need and decide.

Last edited by stormbane; 11-03-2008 at 08:41 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:38 AM
Ailing Ninja

Baelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant future

Sure thing, Stormbane. You were the first person invited after Lady.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:52 AM
stormbane

Baelfyre, considering we are limited to the Chrome 1-3 and Morgan's, I do not suppose I am allowed to make someone with an ambidexterity chip, neural bridge, and independant cybereyes am I?

Edit: Nevermind, If I buy 2 Ambi Chips, and two cybereyes (one chip for each eye) it allows for independent targeting with full bonuses with each arm. Also, what do we have already? Looks like 1 med tech and 2 solos from what I can see so far. Anything else? I will figure out exactly what I am going to be playing tonight and roll/write it up.

Last edited by stormbane; 11-04-2008 at 12:02 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:01 PM
stormbane

Ok. Almost finished writing up a techie. Granted with my stats and skills I am more of a combat techie. I will finish it up and run it by you Baelfyre then post it.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:35 PM
stormbane

Stole Lady's format :P

Name: Jaina Right
Handle: Janie
Role: Techie
Appearance: 5’8”, Toned and taut
Original Bonuses Modified total
INT: 7
Ref: 10
Tech: 10
Cool: 7
Attr: 7
Luck: 5
MA: 6
Body: 10
EMP: 8/4
Hum: 80 -38 42
Run: 18
Leap: 4
Lift: 320
Save: 10
BTM -4

Skills
Role Skills
Jury Rig 7
Awareness 5
Education and Gen Knowledge 4
Teaching 2
Basic Tech 4
CyberTech 2
Demolitions 4
Electronics 4
Elect. Security 4
Weaponsmith 4

Pickup Skills
Chemistry 1
Physics 1
Dodge & Escape 1
Driving 1
Handgun 6
Melee 2
Motorcycle 1
Rifle 4

Life Path

Dress & Personal Style
Clothes: Loose fitting utility and comfort
Hairstyle: Long, Straight, Purple
Affectations: Spiked Gloves
Ethnic Origins: Anglo-American

Family Background
Family Ranking: She was born to a nomad pack, lived poor for the beginning of her life until her parents died in a winnebago accident. She has 1 older brother and 2 sisters, one older and one younger. Her parents died when she was 4 and her and her siblings spent the remainder of their childhood being raised by her uncle Joe in the Chicago arcology.

Personal Traits: Rebellious, anti-social and violent
Person Most Valued: Older brother
What Most Valued: Knowledge
Most Valued Possession: A necklace of a dolphin given to her by her mother
How Feels about most people: Everyone is untrustworthy

Live Path:
17: Met Sally a fellow techie on a job and became fast friends.
18: That fucking bitch, Sally, back-stabbed her her on a job, making her look like shit to her employer, playing damage control and seriously, fuck that bitch.
19: Nothing happened of note.
20: Met Janice, an ex-corp (and VERY bitter) net-runner who became a true friend and confidant. They are like sisters now.
21: Was in a horrible car accident that nearly killed her. Spent 8 months in a coma, is now very leery about ground vehicles due to her parents and her own experience.

Cybernetics:
R-Eye:
-Times
-Targeting Scope
-AD
-LowLite
L-Eye
-Targeting Scope
-AD
-Camera
Skinweave
Chip Socket
Interface plugs
Vehicle Link
Smartgun Link
Storage Chip
2x Matched Ambidexterity Chips

Weapons:
2x Smart Nova Cityguns - Always linked, and holstered under arm. She runs the link line through a quick-release loop system on her belt (Bael can determine snag possibilities on draw to be whatever you think is appropriate based on her Jury Rig) and plans on someday upgrading to plates if she can get them mounted without a cyberhand. Safety first, kids!
Old 11-15-2008, 07:15 AM
Ailing Ninja

Stormbane, smartplates are allowed to be implanted in biological hands as well.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:00 AM
AnotherSKip

Default Bronze?

Bael was gonna PM you some character data but your Box is full.